• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I should stress that having met him in 2012, 2014 and 2017 (US tours), he always was a gent --- both before and after "making it." Whatever happens from here, I hope it will not tarnish him in the eyes of the fans.

I'm down on him but am putting him in the misguided bucket rather than the clown shoe bucket. He's certainly nowhere near the Deluded Judas clam bucket which will only ever be inhabited by one horrible prick.

But we dont know that for certain do we? The club has stayed quiet on the premise that he was meant to be back at the start of that week. All we know is that Sky reported that he hadnt turned up....but that is Sky's version, not the club's.

I dont know what the truth is...I guess it'll come out over time. Its very odd that the club haven't leaked to journos that Kane has been fined a week or two wages

Kane could have quite easily cleared everything up but he comes out with the most ambiguous statement ever. In the words of Chandler Bing, could he BE any more vague? It also came four days after he was allegedly first reported to have failed to show up for training. It just felt very staged. But the overall point remains that Kane is the one who has allegedly not showed up to do his job, not his brother. But some seem to be apportioning more blame to his gimp brother than the bloke who hasn’t allegedly showed up to do his job.

Kane could have quite easily cleared everything up but he comes out with the most ambiguous statement ever. In the words of Chandler Bing, could he BE any more vague? It also came four days after he was allegedly first reported to have failed to show up for training. It just felt very staged. But the overall point remains that Kane is the one who has allegedly not showed up to do his job, not his brother. But some seem to be apportioning more blame to his gimp brother than the bloke who hasn’t allegedly showed up to do his job.

People idolize others too much, then end up doing mental gymnastics to defend or uphold that view

- Harry is one of the best players (certainly strikers) to have ever played for us and his record/contribution on the pitch is amazing
- Harry has handled this really badly (regardless of advice) and shown he's no different to any other player (certainly not "one of our own"), and it's been doubly exposed by Son's signing.

It is possible to carry those two thoughts/point of views at the same time ..

But we dont know that for certain do we? The club has stayed quiet on the premise that he was meant to be back at the start of that week. All we know is that Sky reported that he hadnt turned up....but that is Sky's version, not the club's.

I dont know what the truth is...I guess it'll come out over time. Its very odd that the club haven't leaked to journos that Kane has been fined a week or two wages

The club has acted as the matured party here. Look at Kane's actions not his words but his actions.

He did that video with Neville
He stayed away from training
He made himself unavailable for the Emirates Marketing Project game

Another rule from the Sword of Truth series - the fifth rule in fact.

"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie."

Latest rumour Kane doesnt want to be selected for the City game, now is the time for him to issue a statement saying he wants to play not sitting let the media create a situation.

Latest rumour Kane doesnt want to be selected for the City game, now is the time for him to issue a statement saying he wants to play not sitting let the media create a situation.

Don’t worry I’m sure he will come out in a few days and tell everyone that he didn’t refuse to play. And expect everyone to be back on his side. Sooner he’s gone, the better.

I think the club should organise a public flogging of Harry on the High Road. From the comments on here, it seems like its about the only thing that would make some fans happy

Just to clarify a few facts

He did that video with Neville

Correct, he did

He stayed away from training

SKY said he stayed away from training
He says it was planned
The club has not confirmed nor denied either version

He made himself unavailable for the Emirates Marketing Project game
Some report on the internet say he has - can you post your source saying that doesnt want to play?

He wont be match fit so my guess is that he'll be on the bench, and various other who played very late into the Euros will be similarly

Last edited:

From Herc ITK
All I will say, there was a very clear and amicable (in the end) meeting yesterday with all of Kane’s people. Won’t say more than that. Suffice to say he wanted to be available to participate Sunday. Emirates Marketing Project have until 23rd/24th August to come up with a HUGE cash ONLY offer! Or tinkle off!!!

They have basically insulted us and ‘H’ with players choices, and circa 40m cash (as a guide). The wages those players are on, if we did go for any we like, we would have to up contracts of majority of squad. That alone would increase our wages around negative 20-30m per year.

They are struggling to get them off their books. That’s the facts. Now make your own decisions. 130m (which was my guess) won’t do it#CashOnly!!!

SKY said he stayed away from training
He says it was agreed and planned
The club has not confirmed nor denied either version

Sorry to be the pedant but Kane said he was returning to the club "as planned". Nothing about it being "agreed". So planned by him? I don't think there's any dispute about his extended holiday in the Bahamas (which is what Paul Miller's message referred to), it's the detour via Florida on the way home that seemingly took the club by surprise.

From Herc ITK
All I will say, there was a very clear and amicable (in the end) meeting yesterday with all of Kane’s people. Won’t say more than that. Suffice to say he wanted to be available to participate Sunday. Emirates Marketing Project have until 23rd/24th August to come up with a HUGE cash ONLY offer! Or tinkle off!!!

They have basically insulted us and ‘H’ with players choices, and circa 40m cash (as a guide). The wages those players are on, if we did go for any we like, we would have to up contracts of majority of squad. That alone would increase our wages around negative 20-30m per year.

They are struggling to get them off their books. That’s the facts. Now make your own decisions. 130m (which was my guess) won’t do it#CashOnly!!!

Lots of exclamation marks, so he must know what he’s talking about.

Sorry to be the pedant but Kane said he was returning to the club "as planned". Nothing about it being "agreed". So planned by him? I don't think there's any dispute about his extended holiday in the Bahamas (which is what Paul Miller's message referred to), it's the detour via Florida on the way home that seemingly took the club by surprise.

Fair point, and I'll edit it, but the point remains:

Sky reported it
Kane says it was planned
The club has said nothing

The biggest disrespect that Kane has shown our club is exemplified by the fact that we all know that if we had sold Kane to Emirates Marketing Project at the end of the season he would have returned nice and early, wide eyed and bushy tailed, eager for the new season to start.

Back