• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

For clarity, Kane for me can leave, he has done his time and given us mostly everything, apart from turning up in some really big games when it mattered but he can only leave on Levy’s terms as that’s the deal he made with the Devil when he signed a 6 year deal.
I think a lot of people forget the trade off between clubs and players regarding contract length.

Players (and specifically their self-interested, thieving agents) will always want shorter contracts - more freedom, more signing on fees, etc. Clubs will always want their best players on longer term contracts to protect us against anyone doing a Sol clambell. Kane will, at some point in the negotiations, have received a higher salary in return for having signed such a long contract.

Doing so was his choice. He doesn't get to move until the end of that contract or until we choose for it to happen on our terms.

He should remember the short, tubby fudger he was before he joined us.

I think a lot of people forget the trade off between clubs and players regarding contract length.

Players (and specifically their self-interested, thieving agents) will always want shorter contracts - more freedom, more signing on fees, etc. Clubs will always want their best players on longer term contracts to protect us against anyone doing a Sol clambell. Kane will, at some point in the negotiations, have received a higher salary in return for having signed such a long contract.

Doing so was his choice. He doesn't get to move until the end of that contract or until we choose for it to happen on our terms.

Indeed and should also remember when he signed that lucrative 6 year contract, during injuries he gets he expects the club to stay loyal and help to rehibilitate him whilst continuing to pay him handsomely. That loyalty should be reciprocated whilst at the club….

He doubted his salary

Think there was talk of who could replace Kane's goals a few pages back and maybe this is better for the transfer section.

I would like to see us come away from the reliance on one striker (I'm sure we wont be able to get away with that when we don't have someone with Kane's quality).

I'd go one step further and say I'm not even desperate that we get a full on goal machine up top. The position where we could really improve and have lacked goals (outside of Bales purple patch) is Right Forward.

Liverpool pretty much completely changed their fortunes with the signing of Salah and have only had a 10 goal striker between him and Mane. Emirates Marketing Project have managed to get a tune out of firstly Bernado, and then Mahrez - without the need for a 20 goal striker last season.

If we can somehow find a RWF version of Son (Paratici - do your thing) and a progressive RB, then we can completely change the way we rely on one forward. Obviously there will still be a need for us to sign a forward or two if Kane left but with £130-150m potentially coming in, there is plenty in the tank to get the balance right.
We can have a better team with the money from Kane’s transfer
In fact the “team” could be much better defensively and offensively
But it comes down to ££££
I live Kane. He is the best in his position in the world
We over rely on Kane. When he is out it hurts us. When he isn’t playing his best, it hurts us.
You fix that over reliance by getting in more creativity and goals elsewhere and i rove the team. Getting hungrier players will help as Kane has shown with his hunger how you can progress as a player.
But it comes back to the fee again
I do wonder if city don’t want to pay the money until very very late in the window knowing how we can finally operate in the transfer market with a proper DOF

I wish the club would put out some sort of statement on this debacle.

Apart from satisfying our curiosity/clearing up speculation, I'm not sure they need to really, frustrating as it might be for us fans on the outside. For once the club or the board are not being made out to be the bad guys, it's Kane who is looking foolish at best. We maintain a dignified silence. If Kane ends up staying as is looking more and more likely, then all parties need to be able to work together going forward, so the fewer public statements from us at this stage, the better. No need to risk ratcheting things up. (Kane has already tried playing this out publicly and it hasn't worked (thus far at least)).

We over rely on Kane. When he is out it hurts us. When he isn’t playing his best, it hurts us.
You fix that over reliance by getting in more creativity and goals elsewhere and i rove the team. Getting hungrier players will help as Kane has shown with his hunger how you can progress as a player.
I do wonder if city don’t want to pay the money until very very late in the window knowing how we can finally operate in the transfer market with a proper DOF
This is something. City not only unsettling and ultimately taking our best player with their illegitimate funds but handicapping our ability to replace him. This isn’t solely a case of us being obstinate for the sake of it.

If Kane is a Spurs fan he must appreciate that we are going to resist that scenario and his legacy as ‘one of our own’ is tied to the manner in how his move leaves the club. He’s not a custodian of the club and I doubt many other players would have similar concerns, but the legacy he was building was based on that unique connection an academy graduate and fan has. We are talking just a couple of seasons off being potentially the clubs top scorer of all time, a record unlikely to ever be beaten purely because players don’t spend the majority of their careers at one club, especially prolific in demand ones. We are talking a statue, probably a free hit at a coaching or even a managers job post his playing career and maybe even a part of the ground named after him (if this ever became something we would entertain ahead of a corporate sponsor!).

Even waiting until next year the power swings more towards him too, Levy might then have a very different valuation on a player with 2 years left and the market should be more liquid.

£100M for Grealish (no player swap)
£120M for Lukaku to Chelsea (latest number)

£150M for Kane in that market seems fudging generous.

what really helps me is to picture in my minds eye that famous picture of Levy adjusting his glasses,

then I like to pretend I am Daniel and I’m talking like Smeagol…

‘they wants him, he hasn’t turned up for training precious’

‘fine him, Gollum, Gollum!’

they will pay, we hates it! Make them pay 160 million, fleece them! Yes precious….’

this is what you can do if your extremely bored at work.

Totally agree. And also - we probably wont even have that first refusal on a lot of 2nd tier prospects due to the non CL/EL. However - a lot of our competitors aren't cash rich at the moment. So whilst players might want a slot at the top table, the clubs in those positions may not be able to go to 40m/50m on 'gambles'.

what really helps me is to picture in my minds eye that famous picture of Levy adjusting his glasses,

then I like to pretend I am Daniel and I’m talking like Smeagol…

‘they wants him, he hasn’t turned up for training precious’

‘fine him, Gollum, Gollum!’

they will pay, we hates it! Make them pay 160 million, fleece them! Yes precious….’

this is what you can do if your extremely bored at work.
Just tell Kane that the price goes up £2m for every day he doesn't show up

Back