• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If we get any first team player from them I would question the players ambition and drive ... they are not coming to a competitive club, but would be here to turn up once in a while.

At City they want to win things and are geared up for it, we are just a luxurious west ham at the minute.

We should take cash and some of their future prospects.

Let's be honest kane is leaving and the longer we draw this out the more chance we will get a frazier Campbell type player in return. All I can say is thank fudge fabian Delph is not there anymore.

If we get any first team player from them I would question the players ambition and drive ... they are not coming to a competitive club, but would be here to turn up once in a while.

At City they want to win things and are geared up for it, we are just a luxurious west ham at the minute.

We should take cash and some of their future prospects.

Let's be honest kane is leaving and the longer we draw this out the more chance we will get a frazier Campbell type player in return. All I can say is thank fudge fabian Delph is not there anymore.

Agree with the first concern which you raise, and generally if we get players in exchange, I'd expect them to be as overpriced as Kane. Better to get cash and spend it separately

I dont agree with your final comment though. If £100m really is what they think Kane is worth then this will be over quickly

Reactions: DTA
If you add 2 or 3 of Citys fringe first XI players (the reported Sterling, Laporte, Jesus) then along with a new CB or 2 then you'd have to say on paper we'd likely be competitive, no?

Agreed, if those players are motivated by it. Front 3 of Sterling, Jesus and Son would be quite useful (and if we can solve Sterling's wages)

Spend the Foyth cash, plus Edwards and whatever we can get for CB sales and maybe Davies and we should be able to afford a couple CBs.

Could do with having one of those manager-people to work with the DoF on re-shaping the team....

If you add 2 or 3 of Citys fringe first XI players (the reported Sterling, Laporte, Jesus) then along with a new CB or 2 then you'd have to say on paper we'd likely be competitive, no?
Agree, but it’s just fantasy talk - these sort of swap deals never happen. Can you imagine Sterling and Laportes motivation to take pay cuts and come play Europa Conference league football? We are better off banking the cash around 150m if we can get it and go for young talents like Thuram - it’s a shame that link has disappeared for now…..

I agree with this, but it really would depend on the City players attitude and motivation to try to bring something to the table and not just take wages off it.

On paper it's a no-brainer, but in reality, it could pose more problems than getting the cash and spending it on players that are hungry to prove themselves in a spurs shirt.

Agree with the first concern which you raise, and generally if we get players in exchange, I'd expect them to be as overpriced as Kane. Better to get cash and spend it separately

I dont agree with your final comment though. If £100m really is what they think Kane is worth then this will be over quickly
£100m is just their opening bid…. Comparing that to Spurs’ type of opening bids (where we offer about 30 to 50% of the likely sale price) it is a huge one.

I think we might end up with £100m and Jesus.

Last edited:

I think most people underestimate how important a top CF is. Remember how frustrating early Redknapp teams were with Crouch, Bent and Pav toiling, even a bit later with diminished Keane and Defoe mark 2s.

I think part of me would rather take the full cash and then blow 2/3s of it on Victor Osimhen

Rather this one

jesus-perez.jpg

I agree with this, but it really would depend on the City players attitude and motivation to try to bring something to the table and not just take wages off it.

On paper it's a no-brainer, but in reality, it could pose more problems than getting the cash and spending it on players that are hungry to prove themselves in a spurs shirt.

Yeah that's a risk of course, but i was just countering the point that they'd be joining an uncompetitive team. You'd hope that at their ages they'd have plenty of ambition left and if the wage hurdle can be overcome then potentially you're looking at bringing in a couple of players with bags of experience in a winning team with their peak years ahead of them. Could we expect to buy 3 players better than Ake, Laporte, Sterling? Not sure we could

Could we expect to buy 3 players better than Ake, Laporte, Sterling? Not sure we could

Yes, agree with this. And it partly depends on the approach which we're taking. Do we want to bring in players who are more finished product? If so, taking Emirates Marketing Project players in exchange (if we could attract them) are probably the only routes to do that as, to your point, we wouldnt be able to sign those.

Alternatively, we take the £150m and buy, say, two £50m and two £25m players all of whom are 20/21 years old

Main thing is that we re-invest the proceeds and re-invest it sensibly!

Yeah that's a risk of course, but i was just countering the point that they'd be joining an uncompetitive team. You'd hope that at their ages they'd have plenty of ambition left and if the wage hurdle can be overcome then potentially you're looking at bringing in a couple of players with bags of experience in a winning team with their peak years ahead of them. Could we expect to buy 3 players better than Ake, Laporte, Sterling? Not sure we could
Sorry for me is Ake and Laporte both play the same position
But their class players (well Ake isn’t a great defender IMO)

I agree
Good footballer but not a great defender
Laporte is brilliant IMO

I haven’t really observed enough of him but thought he looked clumsy in the Carabao final v us. And he was totally bullied by Lewandowski for the goal in Spain v Poland the other night.
But in any case it’s difficult to discuss central defenders without knowing what style our next manager will want to play.. e.g. high-line or deep lying. Different skills required.

Back