• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Laporte and Jesus are on the same wage combined as Harry Kane (if Kane is in fact on 200k a week).

City would be better off selling those players unless they want to get rinsed

Anything sub £100M even with players will never fly

So £100M+ & 2 players would be quite an outlay.

The combined wages of those 3 must be astronomical. Can't see Levy wanting anything but the cash.

Crazy to think that even the combined wages that €iteh are paying Sterling, Laporte and Jesus (about £26m per year from what I’ve seen) is still less than Bale is contracted to get from Madrid!

I love this continued talk that Emirates Marketing Project are prepared to walk unless we accept £100m for Kane. Ok then...bye...don’t let the door slam on your way out. We have the power in this situation, as long as Kane doesn’t start acting up, so if there’s any truth in the story which I doubt, then I can’t see why City would think we were scared of them walking away.

Last edited:
I love this continues talk that Emirates Marketing Project are prepared to walk unless we accept £100mbps for Kane. Ok then...bye...don’t let the door slam on your way out. We have the power in this situation, as long as Kane doesn’t start acting up, so if there’s any truth in the story which I doubt, then I can’t see why City would think we were scared of them walking away.

Honestly it sounds more and more like City have no real intention of making a concerted effort for Kane (sure, if available at "right" price, but not all out). Which I'm not surprised with due to Pep's view on outright strikers anyway.

This way they appease the fans/media who think they should be replacing Aquero with a striker, blame Spurs and they probably spend £80M on Grealish and Pep gets another midfielder ..

If I were city Kane would be fourth on my list and probably the least accessible of that group.

Messi (free agent)
Haaland (available next summer)
Mbappe (available next summer)

Even Lewandowski is available in 2023 a year before Kane.

If I were city Kane would be fourth on my list and probably the least accessible of that group.

Messi (free agent)
Haaland (available next summer)
Mbappe (available next summer)

Even Lewandowski is available in 2023 a year before Kane.

Messi - 34, 1 club player who has never played outside of Spain, small matter of over £1M/week salary
Haaland - 20, probably the genuine competitor to Kane, is he the real deal? my understanding is his release clause is next summer ($75M)
Mbappe - 22, real deal, not as clinical as Kane but insane pace and ability to beat his man, would be expensive and stupid salary, going to Madrid
Lewandowski - 33, great player but even more of a finisher type than Kane

Kane, 28, 3 time PL Golden Boot winner, reasonable wages compared to the above

I'd say Haaland is the competitor if City was really going for a outright striker (not convinced they are), Mbappe is supposedly to Madrid, Lewandowski is too old to make sense, Messi is a PR signing that will cost a fortune that will probably break their FFP position.

Messi - 34, 1 club player who has never played outside of Spain, small matter of over £1M/week salary
Haaland - 20, probably the genuine competitor to Kane, is he the real deal? my understanding is his release clause is next summer ($75M)
Mbappe - 22, real deal, not as clinical as Kane but insane pace and ability to beat his man, would be expensive and stupid salary, going to Madrid
Lewandowski - 33, great player but even more of a finisher type than Kane

Kane, 28, 3 time PL Golden Boot winner, reasonable wages compared to the above

I'd say Haaland is the competitor if City was really going for a outright striker (not convinced they are), Mbappe is supposedly to Madrid, Lewandowski is too old to make sense, Messi is a PR signing that will cost a fortune that will probably break their FFP position.

Kane's ankles are a factor though, that has to be a concern for any interested party.

or he is just being what national captains should do - appreciating the crowd in return.
i hope he goes abroad though - and get the adulation he deserves.

Yes. Pace as well. I know it’s heresy, but if it wasn’t for worries about our ability to spend the loot sensibly rather than on Mendes prospects, I’d be quite keen to cash in.

I think it might be the best time to sell, hopefully he'll go goal crazy in the Euros now and we'll get a big bid.

Back