• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Thanks for the MNF piece. I love how good Kane is & furthermore, how good he is promising to be in to the future. He has a rare skillset & could quite conceivably go on to become a very special player in the future. Delighted that he's one of our own, just hope that continues to be the case for a long, long time to come. Would be great if he could be our next one club man.

He has been sensational. But may have some down points, so we need to still be patient with him. His rise has been meteoric but he just seems to grow off of it. He loves the limelight and uses it to play even better. Well done Spurs for giving him a wage rise.

Well done with the Kane PR today. That new contract could have been announced a week ago or anytime in the next week no doubt. But they brought out the good news on deadline day and it was been repeated all day.

He's certainly proven me wrong. Just can't beliece a player can improve so quickly. Like others have said, it's highly likely he'll drop off at some point, and that's fine. Except levy has made sure we need him to continue his run of form or we're fudged!

He talks about being on 18 goals in the post signing interview, doesn't he? So that was prior to the West Brom game, and the club gleefully saved it up and then splashed it all over deadline day to placate the fans.

Clever. Now, Harry lad, don't get injured: if you do, all our aspirations for this season go down the tank. It's unwise and foolish to put so much pressure on you, we know, but we have no one else up front who can do what you do or score like you do: and that situation has been deemed acceptable by our glorious chairman.

So don't get injured: and pass the message on to Christian as well, while you're at it.

Good to see Paul Scholes in the i today making Harry not only his Player of the Week for his performance against WBA but also choosing for his 'Moment of the Week' his sweet first-time volley that put us two up in that game.

He talks about being on 18 goals in the post signing interview, doesn't he? So that was prior to the West Brom game, and the club gleefully saved it up and then splashed it all over deadline day to placate the fans.

Clever. Now, Harry lad, don't get injured: if you do, all our aspirations for this season go down the tank. It's unwise and foolish to put so much pressure on you, we know, but we have no one else up front who can do what you do or score like you do: and that situation has been deemed acceptable by our glorious chairman.

So don't get injured: and pass the message on to Christian as well, while you're at it.

This, I don't have the hate on against Levy like you, but fudge me, another January window where we have done nothing to alleviate risk, improve our chances.

Really hope it doesn't bite us in the ass ...

He's certainly proven me wrong. Just can't beliece a player can improve so quickly. Like others have said, it's highly likely he'll drop off at some point, and that's fine. Except levy has made sure we need him to continue his run of form or we're fudgeed!

I dont see why we have to almost expect him to drop off his form. Class players just keep on improving. His goals to games ration might drop but he can contribute in many other ways.

This, I don't have the hate on against Levy like you, but fudge me, another January window where we have done nothing to alleviate risk, improve our chances.

What teams spent money in Jan? err None! Chelski and Emirates Marketing Project and Chelski subsidised it with the sale of Schurle. If poch asked for players and was told no then that is one thing. But I genuinely believe he is happy with his lot until the summer. We need to save some money for the stadium. That is our major carrott now. CL footbal is not the be ll and end all. Improving our financial position is a must. And that will be done through the stadium.

I dont see why we have to almost expect him to drop off his form. Class players just keep on improving. His goals to games ration might drop but he can contribute in many other ways.

Almost all players experience drops in form, particularly young players.

Even Bale didn't experience a steady rise from his Inter game until leaving for Real Madrid almost 3 years later.

I think all Grimsby is saying is that we should be patient with Kane when/if drops in form happen.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hotshot-harry-kane-wants-stay-5115316

Harry Kane wants to stay at Tottenham for the rest of his career.

The 21-year-old striker, already on 20 goals this season, wants to be seen as a one-club man in the mould of Spurs legend Ledley King, and Premier League greats Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

Kane has this week been rewarded by his club with a new five-and-a-half year deal to stay at White Hart Lane. He intends to stay beyond that.

Speaking ahead of today's north London derby against Arsenal, he said: "You look at players like Ledley King, Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

"To stay at one club at the top level the way they have shows how good they have been. It’s great for them and great for the game.

"It’s fantastic for the fans to have players who have been there for so many years."

Kane is now on course to overtake the 26 goals scored by Gareth Bale during the 2012/13 season. That haul earned the Welshman an £86million move to Real Madrid.

The Chingford-born striker, however, maintains that - unlike Bale - he wants to remain in north London.

The 21-year-old marksman said: "Tottenham are a great club on the rise. I hope we get better and I’d love to stay here for as long as possible.

"If I’m still here in 10 years, I’d be over the moon. A lot of players today, when they do well, they end up going to another club or moving abroad. It depends on the situation at the time but at the moment, I’m looking to be a Tottenham player for many years.

Spurs have lost just one of their last six and two of their last 14 matches. They currently sit just two points off the top four as their evolution under Mauricio Pochettino continues and are also in the Capital One Cup Final against Chelsea on March 1.

Kane, set for a call-up to the senior national team this year, is hoping to have lifted silverware by the time his contract expires in 2020.

He added: "I’d like to have won some trophies by then, because that’s how you’re defined as a player, as well as to be playing regularly for England."

With luck it won't. To his credit, Poch seems to have overhauled our injury department, and we've had relatively few serious ones to speak of (even many of the ones we did have to deal with, like Walker's, were inflicted pre-Poch). However, we haven't has much luck when dealing with burnout in recent years (both 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, where we came out of the gates swinging and then fell away), and that's a huge concern given our ongoing fixture pileup and Poch's high-tempo game.

What teams spent money in Jan? err None! Chelski and Emirates Marketing Project and Chelski subsidised it with the sale of Schurle. If poch asked for players and was told no then that is one thing. But I genuinely believe he is happy with his lot until the summer. We need to save some money for the stadium. That is our major carrott now. CL footbal is not the be ll and end all. Improving our financial position is a must. And that will be done through the stadium.

There were transfers all over Europe, and even one of our peer rivals (read: Arsenal) filled a gap they badly needed filled with a solid CB, who at 24 will only improve. We had the chance to do some business, and we definitely had the need. Shame we didn't have the will, and now we've just got to hope (as above) that it doesn't bite us in the arse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/hotshot-harry-kane-wants-stay-5115316

Harry Kane wants to stay at Tottenham for the rest of his career.

The 21-year-old striker, already on 20 goals this season, wants to be seen as a one-club man in the mould of Spurs legend Ledley King, and Premier League greats Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

Kane has this week been rewarded by his club with a new five-and-a-half year deal to stay at White Hart Lane. He intends to stay beyond that.

Speaking ahead of today's north London derby against Ar5ena1, he said: "You look at players like Ledley King, Ryan Giggs and Steven Gerrard.

"To stay at one club at the top level the way they have shows how good they have been. It’s great for them and great for the game.

"It’s fantastic for the fans to have players who have been there for so many years."

Kane is now on course to overtake the 26 goals scored by Gareth Bale during the 2012/13 season. That haul earned the Welshman an £86million move to Real Madrid.

The Chingford-born striker, however, maintains that - unlike Bale - he wants to remain in north London.

The 21-year-old marksman said: "Tottenham are a great club on the rise. I hope we get better and I’d love to stay here for as long as possible.

"If I’m still here in 10 years, I’d be over the moon. A lot of players today, when they do well, they end up going to another club or moving abroad. It depends on the situation at the time but at the moment, I’m looking to be a Tottenham player for many years.

Spurs have lost just one of their last six and two of their last 14 matches. They currently sit just two points off the top four as their evolution under Mauricio Pochettino continues and are also in the Capital One Cup Final against Chel53a on March 1.

Kane, set for a call-up to the senior national team this year, is hoping to have lifted silverware by the time his contract expires in 2020.

He added: "I’d like to have won some trophies by then, because that’s how you’re defined as a player, as well as to be playing regularly for England."

thumbs%20up!.jpg

Back