• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Unreal.

Two more really different goals; an aware, lively poach and a classic, Shearer-esque header to add to his repertoire of long range, low shots plus the odd free kick and penalty.

It will be this variety of goals and the all round talent needed to score them that will see him excel longer term as he doesn't have to rely on one stand out facet of his play.

Also, some proper, strong hold up play today as well.

Really does seem to have a bit of everything.

Scholes compared him to Ruud Van Nistelrooy before the game on BT. Its a much better comparison than to Shearer. But Kane can dribble and see a pass like neither of them are able to.

How good did the lad feel at the end of the game when he walked around all four sides with the whole ground singing his name

Kane is now just 1 goal behind Berbatov' most prolific season for Spurs (23 goals in both), 2 goals off matching Defoe' best (24 in 2009-10) and 4 more to match Bale's.

If he can keep this form up he should be able to challenge Sheringham' tally of 28 goals (in 1992-93) and Klinsmann' haul of 29 (in 1994-95). Maybe even join the latter 3 as the only Spurs players to score 20+ goals in a PL campaign.

All the more remarkable considering he's only 21 years old and didn't even start a league game until the 11th week of the season!

I honestly would not swap him for Messi. I think he could be Spurs all time top scorer and England's all time top scorer.

The earlier comments about the mix of goals are bang on, and it's a rare talent indeed

You wonder if his form will drop (which is entirely possible) but with his work rate he will more than make up for form

The earlier comments about the mix of goals are bang on, and it's a rare talent indeed

You wonder if his form will drop (which is entirely possible) but with his work rate he will more than make up for form

The inevitable drop in form is always a concern.

What counters that is, his workrate, movement, variety of goals, strength, ability to dribble, pass, etc.

Really good players are hard to deal with because it's not about just one attribute to counter .. Kane looks the real deal now

What counters that is, his workrate, movement, variety of goals, strength, ability to dribble, pass, etc.

Really good players are hard to deal with because it's not about just one attribute to counter .. Kane looks the real deal now

He really does... And it's beilliang but also feels a little bit scary too

When you consider how hard it is these days to find a top class number 9, we are blessed to have found one within the walls of the club who cost us nothing. Think about it, if he were at a club that were willing to sell him, how much would he go for?

I think Kane´s biggest asset is his workrate. Because he works so hard for the team for the full 90 minutes, he will still be a big contributor even if he doesn´t score or assist. That´s why I don´t think he will have a drop in form per se, but there will of course be goal draughts as with all strikers (bar Messi and Cronaldo).

Haven´t been as excited about a player since Bale - in fact I´m more excited about Kane because he´s part of a team and doesn´t carry the team by himself. He really could be one of the star players in a very good Spurs team.

When you consider how hard it is these days to find a top class number 9, we are blessed to have found one within the walls of the club who cost us nothing. Think about it, if he were at a club that were willing to sell him, how much would he go for?

If he keeps it up for the entire season, surely we´re looking at 30 million+? He´s young, he delivers against the best teams in the league, he scores or assists consistently, he´s got an enormous workrate - you know what, I´ll say 40 million+, because if Benteke is valued at 30m, Keane at the moment is a much better prospect.

How much did Lukaku go for? I'd think Kane's stock will by higher by the end of this season compared to Lukaku's just before his Everton transfer.

He's twice the player Lukaku will ever be simply because he plays for the team and not himself.

He's a pretty modest lad too. During the MOTM interview he kept referencing the team and his "mates"

CloudyJollyCuscus.gif

Back