• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Levy would get destroyed if he willingly sold Son, look at the brick he got for selling Walker and that was a player the manager no longer wanted / played.
He will get more pelters if he doesn't get him signed up to an extension and he leaves in 2 years time on a freebie. No Son, no money for Son and probably no replacement for Son.

I know which option I would go for if I were Levy.

I know but he's 29 this summer. I think that one of the things that we've got wrong these last few years is holding onto players too long. This is probably the last summer that we can get big money for him. I think that selling him and reinvesting is preferable to signing him up to a big contract, the second half of which he will be on the slide.

Absolutely agree we have hung on to players for to long in recent times and we should not be afraid to sell and buy and start the next cycle.

Speaking of whom, where are Ozil and Alexis Sanchez* now?

Hmm, let me Google

Ozil@Fenerbahçe
On 27 January 2021, Özil moved to Turkish club Fenerbahçe.[174] He joined as a free agent after his contract with Arsenal was terminated six months prematurely, with the player reportedly foregoing part of the £7 million (€7.9 million) owed to him by Arsenal.[11] Although financial terms were undisclosed, Özil signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with Fenerbahçe worth a reported £4.5 million (€5 million) a season, and received a £2.6 million (€3 million) signing-on bonus.[175][176]

On 2 February 2021, he made his Süper Lig debut for Fenerbahçe as a substitute for Mame Thiam in the 77th minute against Hatayspor, which Fenerbahçe won 2–1.[184]

Sanchez@Inter
On 29 August 2019, Sánchez joined Inter Milan on loan for the duration of the 2019–20 season.[116][117] He said he did not regret signing for Manchester United, but did wish he had played more.[118]

On 14 September 2019, Sánchez made his debut for Inter when he came on as a 79th minute substitute in a 1–0 win against his former club, Udinese.[119] On 28 September 2019, Sánchez scored his first Inter goal from a tap-in, before he was sent off after receiving a second yellow card for an apparent dive inside the box as the club won 3–1 against Sampdoria.[120]

On 6 August 2020, Sánchez made the permanent switch to Inter, on a three-year deal, on a free transfer.[121] On 4 March 2021, Sánchez scored both goals in a 2–1 away win at Parma.[122]

Er, and that's it, doesn't sound very stellar so far.

Some players just dwindle and fade fast, clubs must sell before this happens

I don’t think there’s any question that he wants to go, it’s just whether anyone is willing to pay what we will rightly demand for him. Don’t want him to go, especially to another English club but he really does deserve much better than the crap he’s had to endure for the last two seasons. He should play for a club that wins the big trophies. We’re miles away from doing that.

I don’t think there’s any question that he wants to go, it’s just whether anyone is willing to pay what we will rightly demand for him. Don’t want him to go, especially to another English club but he really does deserve much better than the crap he’s had to endure for the last two seasons. He should play for a club that wins the big trophies. We’re miles away from doing that.
Everyone in our league is other than city
And it’s going to get worse with city now being able to spend more and more
United who will finish second had to borrow more money this year to pay wages... city don’t have to borrow a penny and with the changes to FFP can spend what they want
The premier league is in real danger of going the way of France, German and Spain with one dominant force who are that much richer it stops competition. City cannot rooster us their finances either to allow teams to catch them as juve have in Italy

Honestly don't think Levy sells him, though. Because it will probably get a lot of the fans who were ambivalent about him to finally see what's been sadly clear for years - Levy has utterly wasted the chance to make history with one of the best teams in our recent memory, and he is at fault for Kane leaving his boyhood club after seven years in the first team without a single pot to his name.

Kane leaving will be a gut-punch that will make a lot of folks realize that ENIC are useless deadweights. Will Levy take that chance?

Honestly don't think Levy sells him, though. Because it will probably get a lot of the fans who were ambivalent about him to finally see what's been sadly clear for years - Levy has utterly wasted the chance to make history with one of the best teams in our recent memory, and he is at fault for Kane leaving his boyhood club after seven years in the first team without a single pot to his name.

Kane leaving will be a gut-punch that will make a lot of folks realize that ENIC are useless deadweights. Will Levy take that chance?

Yes. When it comes to the absolute crunch, money talks...BS walks (or at least it doesn't in the case of Levy/ENIC and their football ambition..)

Said a couple of seasons back that the likes of Kane and Eriksen could leave until we showed we could win things. Eriksen is sitting at he top of the table in Italy and Kane must be wondering about his next move. I know ome think no clubs will pay the money for him but i believe IF he decides to go there will be a couple of clubs willing to pay BIG money for him.

Back