• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

City's record signing is £64m. It would take more than three times that to even get us to talk. He might like the idea of working with Poch again but PSG is not a great move for an ambitious player.

It is if he wants to break his contract.
Once away from Levy, two years of fairly easy games and a few trophies and he can move on again.

Once away from Levy, two years of fairly easy games and a few trophies and he can move on again.
How does he break the contract?
It’s an actual contract that means he can’t play form someone else for 3 more years without Spurs being compensated to a level the club are happy with

Possibly, but it means he's going all in on PSG winning the Champions League in those seasons. I'm not sure that French domestic titles are worth more than beating Greaves' and Shearer's goalscoring records.

If Neymar left PSG, Kane would make a great replacement and would massively improve them.
But who is buying Neymar and his £1m a wages he would demand ?
The merry go round the press want just isnt going to happen IMO
And I do agree that Kane would massively improve them

Possibly, but it means he's going all in on PSG winning the Champions League in those seasons. I'm not sure that French domestic titles are worth more than beating Greaves' and Shearer's goalscoring records.

Records can and will be beaten, medals can't be taken away.
What would you rather have carabou Cup losers medals or French champions medal?

But who is buying Neymar and his £1m a wages he would demand ?
The merry go round the press want just isnt going to happen IMO
And I do agree that Kane would massively improve them

The suggestion has always been that his move to PSG was a staging post to Madrid but I agree, the finances don't look right, right now

He can ask to leave
The club can say yep. Find a buyer for a price we’re happy with
That’s how the big deals happen
This may be where Kane not having a super agent works against him
And of course there are very, very few clubs who can afford him (2 by my reckoning)
So the deal gets even harder
Or it may help him seeing as Kane’s brother is unlikely to ask for £20m himself for doing the deal.

Telling that our general consensus on here has gone from ‘Harry won’t want to leave’ as it was a couple of years ago. To now being ‘Very few clubs can afford him’.

Shows how the club has unfortunately gone backwards.

My worry is that we seem poorly set up to spend the transfer money that Kane and/or Son (2 years left this summer so really has to be sold) will bring in.

As we’ve seen with Eriksen, a player is only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for them...

Very true.

It would raise a lot of eyebrows though.

There is also the other side of it, he’s worth more than that to us, I don’t think we’d sell that cheap unless he was much closer to the end of his contract.

Very true.

It would raise a lot of eyebrows though.

There is also the other side of it, he’s worth more than that to us, I don’t think we’d sell that cheap unless he was much closer to the end of his contract.
I can see the view that £120m for a player who’s 28 this summer with a history of intermittent ankle injuries is a fair price ie a buyer’s potential view.

I can also accept that he is worth far more than that to us.

Really depends which side of the onion you sit on, as you say.

As we’ve seen with Eriksen, a player is only worth what a buyer is prepared to pay for them...

Given how long he has left on his contract, we don't need to sell in a Covid market. We could afford to hold on for a year and sell next summer when the market might be more robust.

Assuming that nothing happens in the next few months, he will have gone a couple of seasons without an ankle injury, so I am sure that we will argue that there is no persistent issue there.

All round player wise. Messi is the only player in the world close to him. He's in his prime. He's worth a world record fee.

Given how long he has left on his contract, we don't need to sell in a Covid market. We could afford to hold on for a year and sell next summer when the market might be more robust.

Assuming that nothing happens in the next few months, he will have gone a couple of seasons without an ankle injury, so I am sure that we will argue that there is no persistent issue there.

All round player wise. Messi is the only player in the world close to him. He's in his prime. He's worth a world record fee.
Can’t argue with any of that and I meant to make the Covid point in my post above. It’s key context and completely changes what we can expect to receive for him. Or, at least you can bet your bottom dollar interested clubs will be leveraging it. I fully expect Levy to tell them to fudge off in that case, at least as a starting position!

Can’t argue with any of that and I meant to make the Covid point in my post above. It’s key context and completely changes what we can expect to receive for him. Or, at least you can bet your bottom dollar interested clubs will be leveraging it. I fully expect Levy to tell them to fudge off in that case, at least as a starting position!

I think that the only way it comes into play is if it has fudged our finances and we need to raise money to cover losses.

If that's the case, I'd rather sell Son for £100m than Kane for £200m.

We may well see Levy and Kane come to a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ for a transfer a year later. The worry though is that Kane then plays for a year trying to avoid injury.

Back