• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think that the only way it comes into play is if it has fudged our finances and we need to raise money to cover losses.

If that's the case, I'd rather sell Son for £100m than Kane for £200m.
Son this summer and Kane next summer is quite likely I think (both sold with 2 years left on their contracts). I just hope we put a better recruitment structure in to spend that money.

Given how long he has left on his contract, we don't need to sell in a Covid market. We could afford to hold on for a year and sell next summer when the market might be more robust.

Assuming that nothing happens in the next few months, he will have gone a couple of seasons without an ankle injury, so I am sure that we will argue that there is no persistent issue there.

All round player wise. Messi is the only player in the world close to him. He's in his prime. He's worth a world record fee.

If you're selling in a covid market, you're also buying in a covid market so in theory that wouldn't affect things as we're likely to reinvest the full amount in the same window?

We may well see Levy and Kane come to a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ for a transfer a year later. The worry though is that Kane then plays for a year trying to avoid injury.
Yes it’s actually my worry that he pulls what’s known in the trade as a ‘lame Dane’, and the whole circus, media asking about it every week, completely undermines us next season if he stays. I don’t necessarily agree with people who see him staying as a sure fire positive. Could work out for us, but we have very recent and very close to home precedent of it not.

If you're selling in a covid market, you're also buying in a covid market so in theory that wouldn't affect things as we're likely to reinvest the full amount in the same window?

That depends on how financially secure we are compared to other clubs. The richer clubs will hold onto their top assets until the market is more favourable to selling clubs. I think the fact that we haven't sold Dele is a good sign.

Alasdair Gold is going strong on Son signing a new contract before next season. He's about as reliable as it gets. Personally, I'd sell and reinvest.
Levy would get destroyed if he willingly sold Son, look at the brick he got for selling Walker and that was a player the manager no longer wanted / played.

Levy would get destroyed if he willingly sold Son, look at the brick he got for selling Walker and that was a player the manager no longer wanted / played.

I know but he's 29 this summer. I think that one of the things that we've got wrong these last few years is holding onto players too long. This is probably the last summer that we can get big money for him. I think that selling him and reinvesting is preferable to signing him up to a big contract, the second half of which he will be on the slide.

Sadly this coming year will be still be financially poor to sell as we come out of covid!
But we do need a plan for this and up and coming transfers which always seems so haphazard under Levy of whom I’m a huge fan

We may well see Levy and Kane come to a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ for a transfer a year later. The worry though is that Kane then plays for a year trying to avoid injury.

I don’t see that being beneficial to either. Kane will be a year older making him a less attractive proposition and, as you say, we have a season of him with an eye on his fitness and his mind elsewhere. Hopefully levy has learned from the eriksen nonsense

Better to say ok, if someone comes in with a £170m+ this summer then fine, see you later and good luck and if they don’t then tough, you’re contracted here and we reassess summer 2022

If he does go, I truly hope he gets a good reception from our fans regardless where he ends up. The guy has given us huge service when honestly, he could have pushed to leave 3-4 years ago

I don’t see that being beneficial to either. Kane will be a year older making him a less attractive proposition and, as you say, we have a season of him with an eye on his fitness and his mind elsewhere. Hopefully levy has learned from the eriksen nonsense

He's a very different personality to Eriksen. I can't see it effecting him. Bale and Modřic are both players who were denied a move and buckled down.

He's a very different personality to Eriksen. I can't see it effecting him. Bale and Modřic are both players who were denied a move and buckled down.

True, but Kane is getting to the age of now or never. If he wants a serious chance to move to a club that can win leagues and Europe it’s got to be this summer really, maybe next

Better to say ok, if someone comes in with a £170m+ this summer then fine, see you later and good luck and if they don’t then tough, you’re contracted here and we reassess summer 2022

If he does go, I truly hope he gets a good reception from our fans regardless where he ends up. The guy has given us huge service when honestly, he could have pushed to leave 3-4 years ago

There's a handful of clubs I'd see as a betrayal. Woolwich and The Dippers would kill me but neither can afford him so they are non-runners. Chelsea probably could afford him. If he went there, I'd be extremely unhappy and give him stick.

I wouldn't like him going to United but would accept it. I would see it as risky for him because, despite their resources, they don't have a top team or top manager. But I guess I could live with it.

City I could live with too. If he went abroad, that would be the best case scenario of him leaving for me and he'd retain "absolute legend" status in my mind for eternity for whatever that is worth. Not sure Harry has ever expressed much desire to move abroad though.

So Manchester or abroad...fair enough. Anywhere else tarnishes him a bit for me.

Kane will argue that he isn’t paid in line with a £170m footballer (which he isn’t). Put £170m on his head and I think things might get ugly.

There's a handful of clubs I'd see as a betrayal. Woolwich and The Dippers would kill me but neither can afford him so they are non-runners. Chelsea probably could afford him. If he went there, I'd be extremely unhappy and give him stick.

I wouldn't like him going to United but would accept it. I would see it as risky for him because, despite their resources, they don't have a top team or top manager. But I guess I could live with it.

City I could live with too. If he went abroad, that would be the best case scenario of him leaving for me and he'd retain "absolute legend" status in my mind for eternity for whatever that is worth. Not sure Harry has ever expressed much desire to move abroad though.

So Manchester or abroad...fair enough. Anywhere else tarnishes him a bit for me.

I agree that arsenal would be a destination that would negate any good feeling but as that would currently be a step down I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t go there

True and yet now is the best time to sell Son and reinvest the money in younger talents. There is no pleasing everybody in life.

I think that is the best post over the last few pages, no matter what we do, sell/keep, buy this player or that player we can not/will not please everyone.

Back