• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Chevrolet have sacked the guy who did the deal and they deemed it of no value
The will get another sponsor for sure but their actually a receding brand in foot all terms unless they start winning things again
Apparently lots are put off by the state of the set up at old Trafford and the training ground
Just googled.... saw this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-utd-close-record-70m-20960679

Covid might scupper them somewhat I guess but it appears that Chevrolet going won’t impact them adversely financially.

Not doubting United's fanbase but their attendances were higher mainly because they had the bigger capacity. Both clubs have been selling out practically every game since the advent of all-seater stadiums.

Until the last decade or so it was more often Liverpool that finished top of the away attendance table.

Nowadays practically every PL club sells out practically every game so you are as likely to record your highest attendance of the season against a minnow like Bournemouth as you are against any of the top six.

The table below, which gives a clue to the real pulling power of Liverpool away from home, analyses average attendances for 2010-11 and 2011-12, giving:

• The average occupancy rate of the stadiums that each club visited during the two seasons.
  • The average rank of each club’s away attendances compared to the other clubs (the lower the number, the better).
  • The number of extra spectators a club attracts away from home in comparison to the average. This metric is actually very similar to the first one apart from a small statistical difference.

premierleaguepopu.jpg

https://www.stadiumguide.com/these-clubs-pull-in-the-crowds-away-from-home/

Also, Brian Tabner's 'Through the Turnstiles Again' published in 2002 lists the top three most attractive clubs by average away attendances for every season from 1888-89 to 2001-02. Between 1976-77 and 2001-02 Liverpool topped the list 19 times, United 6 and Tottenham just the once :(.

A further clue is that since the advent of all-seater stadia in the early '90s Liverpool have attracted the highest attendance to more League clubs than any other:

42788 - Aston Villa v Liverpool, 29 December 2009
30895 - Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool, 24 February 1996
24343 - Bradford City v Liverpool (f), 14 July 2019
30682 - Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool, 12 January 2019
40552 - Everton v Liverpool, 11 December 2004
24263 - Huddersfield Town v Liverpool, 20 October 2018
25030 - Hull City v Liverpool, 9 May 2010
28521 - MK Dons v Liverpool (FLC R3), 25 September 2019
48353 - Sunderland v Liverpool, 13 April 2002
20972 - Swansea City v Liverpool, 1 May 2016
21634 - Watford v Liverpool, 29 February 2020

Manchester United are second:

26088 - Bristol City v Manchester United (FLC QF), 20 December 2017
33028 - Cardiff City v Manchester United, 22 December 2018
10103 - Crewe Alexandra v Manchester United (FLC 3R), 26 October 2004
7798 -- Northampton Town v Manchester United (FLC 3R), 21 September 2016
39640 - Sheffield Wednesday v Manchester United, 2 February 2000
25133 - Wigan Athletic v Manchester United, 11 May 2008
I wonder how many of those Liverpool away fans actually had tickets?

No it was his perknalutu and the way he spoke
He won them trophies which they celebrated happily
They just didn’t like his Complaints about The Lack of club structure
They kept him after winning those trophies though and only sacked him 17 games into the next season because they had their lowest points total at the stage of the season since 1991.

They kept him after winning those trophies though and only sacked him 17 games into the next season because they had their lowest points total at the stage of the season since 1991.
But they didn’t like the way he was blaming the club for their failings
He highlighted they needed scouts and a director of football

Woodward didn’t like that

They don't actually 'fill' it.

They sold a lot of seasons tickets very cheaply (their revenue from a 60,000 stadium is only £4 million higher than from 34,000 seats at The Boleyn). That equates to £153 per season for each extra seat.

Lots of casual fans or even fans of other clubs bought cheap season tickets there just to attend the 'big' games. I work with fans of various Northern clubs who bought STs at West Ham just to go and watch the games against their own team and West Ham's games against the big 6. They pretty much don't bother going to other games and don't always bother to give their ST to somebody else (or there are no takers for it). Unlike us West Ham reported their attendances as tickets sold as opposed to bums on seats (as Arsenal do as well). This means their attendance numbers are somewhere between 5,000 and about 15,000 overstated.
I have a friend who's a gooner, and he bought a WHU season ticket just to watch arsenal there, and a couple of other games, as it was cheaper than buying a couple of single tickets at Arsenal!

Last edited:
I have a friend who's a gooner, and he bought a WHU season ticket just to watch arsenal there, and a couple of other games, as it was cheaper than buying a ticket at Arsenal!

Back in the early 90s i worked in dry lining working for the house builders sunley. They had tickets for Wimbledon at Selhurst park when i was not at the lane i was watching Wimbledon play. Cheap as chips and about the same distance from the ground to the station as at the lane.

Anyone else getting annoyed by Berbatov seemingly trying to persuade Harry to join United as every opportunity? Why we invited him back as a club legend I have no idea, never seems to have a good word to say about us. He reckons Harry is now in the exact same position that he was in when he left, no he's not Dimi you see Harry loves Tottenham and United aren't the United of old!

Anyone else getting annoyed by Berbatov seemingly trying to persuade Harry to join United as every opportunity? Why we invited him back as a club legend I have no idea, never seems to have a good word to say about us. He reckons Harry is now in the exact same position that he was in when he left, no he's not Dimi you see Harry loves Tottenham and United aren't the United of old!

Couldn't agree more. Anytime Berbatov talks about us, he's having a go. Complete lack of respect. While he was an unbelievable player and an unbelievable talent, he was a lazy c**t and he should reflect on the fact that he wasn't a resounding success at United. He should learn some respect and maybe appreciate that Harry has a bit more loyalty and humility than him. And also, as you say, United are long way from the United of old.

Back