• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hasn't really stopped anyone yet. Saudi Sportswashing Machine will take the maximum £30 million loss allowed each season as well as add in in-house stadium, shirt and sleeve sponsors and various other 'commercial partners'.

While they can't take the Emirates Marketing Project route straight to the top doing it in only a couple of transfer windows they will probably be able to do it via sustained spending over two or three years. They also could be in a very good position in terms of being cash rich in this next window and pick up some bargains as a result.

If that wealth fund are prepared to back the club from their own pockets like the owners of Emirates Marketing Project then we will have another club operating a higher transfer budget than us almost immediately and another one with a higher wage bill within a few years.
City did it and have been caught several times and they had started long before Saudi Sportswashing Machine with a higher base
It’s interesting that clubs with relatively low ticket fees are the ones owners now by these sovereign wealth funds so they can’t just bump up gate receipts easily ...

City did it and have been caught several times and they had started long before Saudi Sportswashing Machine with a higher base
It’s interesting that clubs with relatively low ticket fees are the ones owners now by these sovereign wealth funds so they can’t just bump up gate receipts easily ...
Always puzzles me how the Dildo Brothers manage to 'fill' the London Taxpayer's Stadium despite being addicted losers.

Let's see what actually happens to City in the end (I bet just another fine).

Also who is going to take away Emirates Marketing Project's umpteen trophies before their (probably maxium) of 1 year ban from European competition (a year in which they'll instead probably just win a domestic treble)?

These football bodies are largely toothless. They allow clubs to find ways around the fair play regulations via in-house sponsorship. Granted Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be able to go out and spend £500 million straight away, but they'll spend significantly more than before (and more than us) thus giving themselves the potential to earn more legitimate revenue through prize money and European competition.

Let's see what actually happens to City in the end (I bet just another fine).

Also who is going to take away Emirates Marketing Project's umpteen trophies before their (probably maxium) of 1 year ban from European competition (a year in which they'll instead probably just win a domestic treble)?

These football bodies are largely toothless. They allow clubs to find ways around the fair play regulations via in-house sponsorship. Granted Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be able to go out and spend £500 million straight away, but they'll spend significantly more than before (and more than us) thus giving themselves the potential to earn more legitimate revenue through prize money and European competition.
I think it gets harder and harder every time for a new rich club
Otherwise why haven’t wolves owners done it for example as their loaded
It’s a monopolised approach to protect the big boys more and more and City are now old hands at it

It’s a monopolised approach to protect the big boys more and more and City are now old hands at it
In which case you have to ask why the heavily-loaded buyers of Saudi Sportswashing Machine would venture into the FFP minefield without a cunning plan up their sleeve.

TBF it’s chicken feed for the Arabs
They can Make their money back just by keeping the team in the prem

Sure, but why would they bother just for that? If it's just a vanity project where's the kudos in mediocrity? With their financial clout they will want to win things and they will have the means to find ways to do it.

Sure, but why would they bother just for that? If it's just a vanity project where's the kudos in mediocrity? With their financial clout they will want to win things and they will have the means to find ways to do it.
They will do if they want to blag FFP
But as I say I can see more and more established teams saying nah... your not welcome
Don’t forget they have fudged things Already to give credit to teams that won things years ago
They will do more of that IMO

Always puzzles me how the Dildo Brothers manage to 'fill' the London Taxpayer's Stadium despite being addicted losers.
They don't actually 'fill' it.

They sold a lot of seasons tickets very cheaply (their revenue from a 60,000 stadium is only £4 million higher than from 34,000 seats at The Boleyn). That equates to £153 per season for each extra seat.

Lots of casual fans or even fans of other clubs bought cheap season tickets there just to attend the 'big' games. I work with fans of various Northern clubs who bought STs at West Ham just to go and watch the games against their own team and West Ham's games against the big 6. They pretty much don't bother going to other games and don't always bother to give their ST to somebody else (or there are no takers for it). Unlike us West Ham reported their attendances as tickets sold as opposed to bums on seats (as Arsenal do as well). This means their attendance numbers are somewhere between 5,000 and about 15,000 overstated.

Have you not noticed Wolves' spending over last few years?

Have you not noticed Wolves' spending over last few years?
Yeah it’s not significant
It’s just in line with premier league earnings
Compare it to Neverton for example
That’s what Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be trying to do but of course Neverton have had to cook the books and are getting caught

They don't actually 'fill' it.

They sold a lot of seasons tickets very cheaply (their revenue from a 60,000 stadium is only £4 million higher than from 34,000 seats at The Boleyn). That equates to £153 per season for each extra seat.

Lots of casual fans or even fans of other clubs bought cheap season tickets there just to attend the 'big' games. I work with fans of various Northern clubs who bought STs at West Ham just to go and watch the games against their own team and West Ham's games against the big 6. They pretty much don't bother going to other games and don't always bother to give their ST to somebody else (or there are no takers for it). Unlike us West Ham reported their attendances as tickets sold as opposed to bums on seats (as Arsenal do as well). This means their attendance numbers are somewhere between 5,000 and about 15,000 overstated.
Apologies, I should have made the sarcasm in my post a tad more obvious. :rolleyes:

I'm aware that many clubs put out official 'attendance' stats in the form of tickets sold rather than bums on seats nowadays but the shameless way the Dildo Brothers claim the stadium is 99.98% of their 60,000 capacity every single game is beyond laughable. I suspect what's behind it is they're hoping to convince the stadium management authority to permit them to use the full 66,000 capacity of the taxpayers' stadium so that they at least have something to beat us over the head with.

I see Tottenham's current official average is 59,384, which is around 95% of capacity. Have to say that looks a tad more realistic to me.

Their a chaotic mess of a club and have been since Fergie left
Their fans have been saying that consistently
What has changed?
Nothing ... apart from timing of a good run of form before a break
It’s always the same
Lose before international break and you get dug out by the press as they have nothing else to say
We’re that team currently and united are suddenly world beaters

Agree about the mess part. Having said that, they are far more likely to win trophies in the next five years than we are. Not that I think Kane should settle for Utd but one thing they will do which we absolutely won’t do is spend as much as it takes to get back to the top. They’ve got it wrong more often than not post Fergie but it is not through want of trying.

I don’t think it’s a done deal that Kane will leave, but I’d say the odds of him going are higher than staying as we have become allergic to trophies in the last 10 years.

Agree about the mess part. Having said that, they are far more likely to win trophies in the next five years than we are. Not that I think Kane should settle for Utd but one thing they will do which we absolutely won’t do is spend as much as it takes to get back to the top. They’ve got it wrong more often than not post Fergie but it is not through want of trying.

I don’t think it’s a done deal that Kane will leave, but I’d say the odds of him going are higher than staying as we have become allergic to trophies in the last 10 years.
Why are they more likely to win trophies than us?
Spending doesn’t create stability and they would IMO need a coach who knows how to win things which they don’t currently

they remind me of Liverpool after their hey days

Back