• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Anyone else getting annoyed by Berbatov seemingly trying to persuade Harry to join United as every opportunity? Why we invited him back as a club legend I have no idea, never seems to have a good word to say about us. He reckons Harry is now in the exact same position that he was in when he left, no he's not Dimi you see Harry loves Tottenham and United aren't the United of old!

I’m not overly worried, I can understand why players have left and he is right that the crossroads for Kane is close. We can say Kane loves us and he might but he even said recently club needs to match his ambitions, it’s his Levy moment ala Sherringham and Sugar.

I’m not overly worried, I can understand why players have left and he is right that the crossroads for Kane is close. We can say Kane loves us and he might but he even said recently club needs to match his ambitions, it’s his Levy moment ala Sherringham and Sugar.
The teams then were so far apart
Nothing of the kind now
And if he wants trophies... he could go to easier leagues and better teams

Anyone else getting annoyed by Berbatov seemingly trying to persuade Harry to join United as every opportunity? Why we invited him back as a club legend I have no idea, never seems to have a good word to say about us. He reckons Harry is now in the exact same position that he was in when he left, no he's not Dimi you see Harry loves Tottenham and United aren't the United of old!
Yes totally agree about the club legend invite. I also saw him spending a few hours signing autographs as part of a kids sticker thing when the ground first opened and I couldn’t understand why he’d be spending that amount of time at a club he couldn’t wait to get out of (most of the kids were queuing for the f2 freestylers!)
Regardless his situation isn’t comparable to Kane’s:
He did actually win something just the season before.
United were guaranteed to be in title races and the latter stages of CL
They had a legendary manager and were a very stable option.
He and only been a the club for a couple of years and was prepared to force the move by refusing to play.
The club didn’t look likely to be part of the regular CL clubs at the time.
He had Danchev (a great autocorrect on here at the time)

Whilst they still remain a massive club, their only success in recent times was under our current manager.
Kane has also a lot more invested in the club and if he trophies are the sole reason for his leaving, domestically joining City would be more in tune with Berbatov’s decision.
Not saying Kane wouldn’t consider it, especially if Poch ended up there but I don’t think it’s a similar set of circumstance to Berbatov’s at all.

Couldn't agree more. Anytime Berbatov talks about us, he's having a go. Complete lack of respect. While he was an unbelievable player and an unbelievable talent, he was a lazy c**t and he should reflect on the fact that he wasn't a resounding success at United. He should learn some respect and maybe appreciate that Harry has a bit more loyalty and humility than him. And also, as you say, United are long way from the United of old.
Individually I don’t think he ever hit the heights for them as he did for us. Only got 20 in a season once and seemed it be a little overawed by it all. He didn’t even mention the humiliation of not making the CL final bench instead of Michael Owen in the one season he did hit 20!

Imagine they turn up at training again and ask Harry how the hamstring is and he's like 'Yeah great, good as new" then he tries to put his kit on and he looks like Razor Ruddock!

I don’t think anyone is debating Berbatov’s talent, just that his decision to force through a move to United is surrounded by a different set of circumstances to those that currently face Kane.

I say cash in, he's our most injury prone player, but lets buy 2 or 3 classy players and not 7 or 8 journeymen like when we sold bale

Back