• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

By the way he is on 35k a week now, and Harry seeming like a nice lad, they might just double it this time, would be the logical thing to do.

Is it still 35k? I thought it went from 10k to 35k and then to around the 60 mark

Not when other teams are prepared to pay him £100K

Yeah this. I'm sure there will be at least two clubs willing to pay him 100k this summer trying to low ball him on the promise he'll get a raise later might not work. Offer him the best wage he is likely to get elsewhere and get the deal signed before the summer starts. That's how you keep your best players.

Besides, the difference between 60k a week and 100k a week is only worth around £2m xtra to the club per season and Harry has the potential to, and if we get Champions League this season already will have, bring in much more than that.

Let's just assume, shall we, that Daniel knows precisely what he needs to offer him, sufficient to at least give him some pause when the Barcelonas and Real Madrids come in for him.

Which they inevitably will this summer. Him AND Dele as a pairing no doubt.

The mind boggles.

This is more about us showing Harry how much we value him. Giving him another raise now (when we don't really have to) might help make him even more loyal to the club.

Any adequate (and probably less than adequate) replacement for Kane would command £100k a week in wages. Better to give it to the guy who has proven he deserves it.

With our new stadium on the horizon, a brilliant young coach, a fantastic academy and a talented first team squad we have a potential opportunity to keep this group of players together, supplementing them with one or two top class additions each year. New contracts ahead of schedule for the likes of Kane, Alli, Alderwiereld, Lloris, Eriksen, etc is a good way of ensuring that they (or more pertinently their agents) are less likely to be looking elsewhere.

Eh. When it comes to contracts, I don't think anyone can really criticise Levy in any way. He knows what to pay, and when to pay it. I have my own concerns about perhaps running out of 'slack' too fast (as in, running out of space to maneuver when offering him his *next* contract), since we can't endlessly keep offering him new ones with higher wages without running into a wall in terms of our wage structure at one point: at some stage, the gradations going from 30 to 60 to 100k will become harder to hit when considering how to extend his contract again (to 150k, perhaps), so the frequency of contract renewals will reduce, and that brings with it its own problems.

However, I don't think anyone know how to do that better than Levy, so I'm not *too* concerned overall.

He's already got more money than he could ever spend on Bulldogs and crisps, he is a level headed local boy, not a flash tw.at

He will earn the Mr Nice sponsorship deals as a regular bonus, every 20k p/w is a million pa.

All in all, very nice package.

If the bloke wants to change his personality to risk all it could all go wrong. I suspect that Harry is quite level headed.

"Hodgson will no doubt use Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge against the Netherlands at Wembley on Tuesday. He is arguably the most talented....."

Seriously? Why?

Last edited:
Leicester's bench in the playoff semi final three years ago containing three future England players (that's Drinkwater's face that's been cut off to the right).

CejtcooWIAAxEs4.jpg

I know it's been done to death but I still find that I'm pinching myself over this. Absolutely astonishing how far Kane has come in such a short space of time. There wasn't a single person, fan or pundit (no matter what Mr Redknapp would now have you believe:)), who would have,called it. I cannot think of a single comparable scenario in the modern English game.

Back