• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I wouldn't want to see Kane move under any circumstances, but does anyone think that if we got 100m for Kane, with the current coach and philosophy in place, we'd emerge a stronger side?

Or put it this way: if we had Poch in 2013 to spend the Bale money, would we have been challenging for the title last year?

I wouldn't want to see Kane move under any circumstances, but does anyone think that if we got 100m for Kane, with the current coach and philosophy in place, we'd emerge a stronger side?

Or put it this way: if we had Poch in 2013 to spend the Bale money, would we have been challenging for the title last year?

I don't think we would. Truth be told, it's always difficult to replace those players, and it's always a coin toss as to whether a new player will have the same impact as the departed star. 100m is a bit on the low side in terms of what we'd ask for Kane (at least when it comes to those cretins at Old Trafford, for example) but I don't think we could replace his unique skillset and importance to the club for even double that.

You'd only want to sell Kane for someone better, or better suited. Right now, there isn't anyone, we'd only buy to come in as cover. He's the best in the country this season. At this age, with his level of fitness and support from the others, he is The Man. And with his attitude and work rate, he could go in to any other side and still do a job.

And if Poch had the Bale money ? Also, had a full pre-season to work with ? Who knows. All we know is last season took a while to figure things out. With a full pre-season, purchases in two/three spots whilst letting go those deem surplus to requirements and not conducive to the dressing room environment, we are getting better, and better, and better ... No Fear, Belief. Kane is showing that in spades

In hindsight, we spent the Bale money alright, but bringing in so many 1st teamers put us back a full season. I was as excited as the next fan about replacing Elvis with The Beatles, and expected great things of Soldado (as did my Fantasy League team). It might have worked in Champ Manager, but not in real life.

What if it was to happen with Kane? Well, we're in a better place. We can offer CL football and a title challenge, have an exciting brand of football, and a coach with a firm philosophy. Perhaps Poch will buy better, perhaps better / more suitable players would come to us.

But it'd be a massive risk. We have one top-notch CF. Unless it's a swap for a proven hard-working world class replacement, we'd be stupid to sell, at any price, unless Kane wants to go.

I'm surprised the bale money narrative is still
so negative, we didn't lose money on Soldado and Paulinho, Chadli has scored some important goals and Eriksen and Lamela have been incredible

Maybe, but the outcome, fotball-vise, should have been much better.

I just think that it is wonderful that at long last we have a goalscorer who might be as famous as Greaves was, and maybe even our very own Wenger in Pochettino. That combination, plus the other amazing players we have, will have Spurs challenging for the title next season and for many years afterwards. Reasons to be cheerful? Not half!

@WhoScored
Harry Kane: Has scored or assisted each of Tottenham’s last 3 goals against Liverpool

@OptaJoe
22 - Harry Kane has now scored more goals in a Premier League campaign than any other Spurs player (22). Own.

CfDiuuqWEAAae6j.jpg

What a player. That boy knows how to score goals. Neither ridiculously fast or powerful, but so much awareness of how to create space and manipulate the defender. More league goals than Klinsmann and Sheringham in a season is very impressive.

No. £100m would not be sufficient compensation, especially when you reflect on what happened with the Bale windfall.

Keeping this squad together is THE priority. If Kane goes, what kind of message does that send out to Poch and the rest of the squad? That we are a selling club, always on the rebuild? It would annihilate belief in the project and potentially spark a wholesale exodus of our top players as well as our best manager in decades.

Fortunately Kane seems more than happy to stay awhile and help us win things. His belief and commitment are absolutely key to our lofty ambitions.

More thinking about whether Levy could leverage just a tad more of the stadium loan, and bring Bale back to play with Kane. The two of them would be scintillating to watch.

More thinking about whether Levy could leverage just a tad more of the stadium loan, and bring Bale back to play with Kane. The two of them would be scintillating to watch.

So I'm not alone in my pipe dream then. Can you imagine how many goals Kane could score if defenses were worried about Bale too? It won't happen, but, as the quote goes, "if you don't have dreams you've got nightmares."

On a related note, my brothers - both man u fans - were raving about the Kane goal yesterday and, apparently, were going through the Spurs line up and comparing it, favorably, player by player, to united's. It would be great to forget the lfc result by hammering man u.

No. £100m would not be sufficient compensation, especially when you reflect on what happened with the Bale windfall.

Keeping this squad together is THE priority. If Kane goes, what kind of message does that send out to Poch and the rest of the squad? That we are a selling club, always on the rebuild? It would annihilate belief in the project and potentially spark a wholesale exodus of our top players as well as our best manager in decades.

Fortunately Kane seems more than happy to stay awhile and help us win things. His belief and commitment are absolutely key to our lofty ambitions.
But we haven't been a selling club by choice under Levy, so nothing to worry about.

Back