• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Impressive.... but is that also worrying in terms of burn out? Even more ammunition for the "we need to bring in another striker in January" camp?

My hunch is he needs some rest at various points. BUT that article is only adding up league games, total distance in all games is useful for a comparison/verdict.

I mean, if he only needed to turn out for the 38 league games then im sure he would cope with that easily.

Impressive.... but is that also worrying in terms of burn out? Even more ammunition for the "we need to bring in another striker in January" camp?

The another striker in January camp is mostly directed at insurance ... i.e. in case Harry gets tired/form/injury issues.

The problem is no one knows what Harry's capacity is, e.g. Ronaldo plays an amazing amount of games year in year out, Sturridge ... not so much

Personally if we could find insurance for 10-15M that Poch felt could give us extra cover for getting top 4, it would make a lot of sense and take a lot of risk out of second half of season.

I guess it's ammunition for the argument to bring in another striker. I think it also shows that said striker would have to be an athlete who works incredibly hard.

I guess it's ammunition for the argument to bring in another striker. I think it also shows that said striker would have to be an athlete who works incredibly hard.
It was great to see Lamela get in to those two scoring positions against Leicester, but you imagine if we had a true second striker they would have scored one of 'em.

It was great to see Lamela get in to those two scoring positions against Leicester, but you imagine if we had a true second striker they would have scored one of 'em.

Pretty much: in fact, put Son in those positions and he'd probably bury them, but we do definitely need another striker.

Absolutely gutted, really am.

As frustrating as it is, it's a reality check. The test now for these young'uns is how they react, how they cope with it. So far they have been brilliant and consistent, whilst the draws is evidence that they're close but no cigar they're still improving.

These lot still have a long way to go yet.

Despite everyone being well aware of the threat Kane poses, he still gets into scoring positions and keeps being a threat to defenses. Quality.

Great penalty too. No doubt in his mind that he was going to score from that one.

Not too shabby for a one season wonder...

@OptaJoe
11 - Harry Kane has now scored 11 goals in his last 13 Premier League appearances for @SpursOfficial. Lethal.

@SpursStatMan
Harry Kane has now scored 12 goals in the Premier League this season, he needs 9 more to match his total for last season.

@BBCsport
A Harry Kane penalty makes it #Spurs 4-1 #SAFC. 32 goals in his last 50 matches.

32 in 50 is pheeeee nominal.

1. That is basis for a world class player
2. Anyone that wanted to ship him out, remember sometimes players just need the opportunity to perform

So is it 50 consecutive league starts in a row for Harry? If it is one could query as to whether or not management have been negligent in failing to acquire another striker. And even if you refute my assertion, and you may have good reasoning to do so, you have to admit that there is a concern that we are relying on luck that he will not get injured. We have shown over the past 12 months that beating premier league sides with Harry not in our starting line up is something we do not excel at, just look at our performances in the domestic cups this season.

In the past people on here have criticised Harry's lack of pace and used it s a stick with which to beat him with, well maybe his lack of pace is not necessarily a bad thing. Lets face it these days it seems the pacier you are the more likely you are to pickup hamstring injuries.

One would have hoped that after failing to seal the deal for a player that could both play with and in place of Kane in the summer that maybe that problem would be sorted out this window, especially with that famous little "black box" in the background that we all hear so much about but halfway into the window and nothing.

Well lets hope Harry does not pick up a niggle anytime soon

We need him in the league

I do not see us reaching the 4th round of the FA Cup without him

I do not thing we have a chance of getting the better of Florentina without him

For me it wasn't just that he notched again, he actually played very well today. In terms of performance he's not always been up there with last season but this was much more like it today. That's not meant as a criticism of this years performances just more of an observation and acknowledgment that defenses are paying a lot more attention to him... And his scoring rate is still phenomenal!

We need him in the league

I do not see us reaching the 4th round of the FA Cup without him

I do not thing we have a chance of getting the better of Florentina without him
It is both mighty impressive and slightly concerning that Kane has started so many consecutive league games, what him not having a proper rest last summer and being required to play cup games too.

Since his first PL start against Stoke, back on 9th November 2014:

Kane 33 league goals
Eriksen 11
Chadli 7
Alli 5
Lamela 5
Dembele 4
Dier 3
Rose 3
Alderweireld 2
Townsend 2
Mason 2
Son 2
Own Goals 2
Carroll 1
Walker 1
Soldado 1

Myth: Kane is papering over the cracks

Truth: Take away Kane's goals and we'd be 1 point worse off. His goals have been the difference in 3 games, the 1-1 draw at Arsenal, the 3-0 win at Norwich and the 2-2 draw at Swansea. Unfortunately the latter one was 2 points dropped.

Back