• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

i agree with all you say, i think i liked one of your posts in another thread regarding the above, but as this is the Harry Kane thread and people here are talking about Harry, his lack of goals, the fact that he looks jaded, that he has a huge workload on his shoulders leading the line as the lone forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation, that he has to play every minute of every game for us because we dont have anyone to come off the bench to help him or replace him, I think its perfectly normal to express a little frustration that we didnt manage to find that back up in the summer......i didnt blame anyone, call anyone out, just that I feel sorry for the guy having to carry the whole burden on his shoulders.

Mate. The front four are rotating a lot. He is not always 'just the lone forward' in fact he is part of this revolving quartet that Poch has been trying to establish. He is not shouldering it all whatsoever, he is simply having a bad run of luck.

Mate. The front four are rotating a lot. He is not always 'just the lone forward' in fact he is part of this revolving quartet that Poch has been trying to establish. He is not shouldering it all whatsoever, he is simply having a bad run of luck.
While the movement is fluid up there, it doesn't look to me that either Son or N'jie would be successful playing as the number 9. Our whole system is very reliant on a single player at the moment. We do need to look at that as early as possible in January having failed to address it over the Summer.

In his hot streak last season, Kane scored 17 goals in the 15 league games between 13 December and 21 March, his 6th to 20th outings as a starter. We scored 32 goals in total in those 15 matches (2.13 goals/game, so about a goal per game better than our current form). He only scored 2 in the 8 games remaining after that though, which is a lot closer to his form so far this term. He netted 4 times in his first 8 starts last season, for comparison, whilst in our opening 8 games (all sans Kane in the starting 11), we'd scored ten (one fewer than our current total). All things considered, I don't think you can say there's anything especially unusual going on with Kane, or with our figures in general yet. He might hit another great run of form, and he might not. The goals might keep coming at a decent rate from elsewhere, and they might not. Bearing that in mind, I do think we'll be silly not to sign that alternative front man in January, though, especially if our overall scoring rate hasn't picked up a bit by then.

Reactions: DTA
Is he on England duty now? He really just needs to relax for a couple of weeks. Too much strain on the fellah.

Can NJ or Son play in Kane's place so we can rotate him for cup games?

I am perhaps in the minority here, but I think that despite last season's exploits, Kane isn't a goalscorer.

It's therefore not a great surprise to see him struggling for goals.

I think he's an excellent player - in terms of hold-up play, linking, movement, work rate and general technique - but just not a goalscorer.

If he's through on goal, you can't be confident he'll score, as he often lacks the power and precision. Similarly, if the ball is bouncing around the area, you wouldn't expect to see him find a way to score - whether, a quick take down, swivel and shot, like Van Persie, or throwing himself towards the ball, like Shearer.

The goals will come, just not to any sort of level like last year, in my opinion.

Is he on England duty now? He really just needs to relax for a couple of weeks. Too much strain on the fellah.

Can NJ or Son play in Kane's place so we can rotate him for cup games?

Frankly, I think Kane's England duties are affecting his form at Spurs. He has not looked the same since starting to play for England. I think Kane should not play for England again until he regains his goal scoring form at Spurs.

I am perhaps in the minority here, but I think that despite last season's exploits, Kane isn't a goalscorer.

It's therefore not a great surprise to see him struggling for goals.

I think he's an excellent player - in terms of hold-up play, linking, movement, work rate and general technique - but just not a goalscorer.

If he's through on goal, you can't be confident he'll score, as he often lacks the power and precision. Similarly, if the ball is bouncing around the area, you wouldn't expect to see him find a way to score - whether, a quick take down, swivel and shot, like Van Persie, or throwing himself towards the ball, like Shearer.

The goals will come, just not to any sort of level like last year, in my opinion.

So a player that scored 31 goals in a season is in your book not a goalscorer? Damn, that's a tough one to explain! I think I see your point in that he might be a better link-up player/second striker than an out and out forward due to his other qualities, but I can't for the life of me understand how you can claim he's not a goalscorer after having netted 31 times in a season. That's a bit of an oxymoron to me.

While the movement is fluid up there, it doesn't look to me that either Son or N'jie would be successful playing as the number 9. Our whole system is very reliant on a single player at the moment. We do need to look at that as early as possible in January having failed to address it over the Summer.

I'd say it's anything but. We only have a lone forward on paper. Out pitch Kane doesn't play like one at all.

Yeah I'm with Jord, Kane drifts all the time and doesn't really play as a lead the line forward, or at least what I would consider to be a lead the line forward. I think it's quite telling we were after forwards who can drop deep/play out wide in the transfer window rather than natural CFs - This season Lamela has show a willingness to push forward in to the space Kane leaves and so does Son, I think more of that is what Poch ideally wants from our attacking play - the forward and AMs all interchanging swapping positions throughout the game

Yeah I'm with Jord, Kane drifts all the time and doesn't really play as a lead the line forward, or at least what I would consider to be a lead the line forward. I think it's quite telling we were after forwards who can drop deep/play out wide in the transfer window rather than natural CFs - This season Lamela has show a willingness to push forward in to the space Kane leaves and so does Son, I think more of that is what Poch ideally wants from our attacking play - the forward and AMs all interchanging swapping positions throughout the game

I think heat maps would settle that.

Apart from Son who of the front quartet is injured?

Dembele, Bentaleb and Mason. All we had are those that have been starting plus Clinton.

The point though is that the front 4 or even 5 (Alli spends just much time up front as he does in midfield) all move around and sometimes drop back. We'd do do fine without a target man/lone striker as we push so far up anyway. After Liverpool we'll see Kane rested more as we have easier fixtures and hopefully one or two back from injury.

Alli_chalkboard.png

Alli

Eriksen_chalkboard.png

Eriksen

Lamela_chalkboard.png

Lamela

Chadli_chalkboard.png

Chadli

Kane_chalkboard.png

Kane

Njie_chalkboard.png

Njie

So a player that scored 31 goals in a season is in your book not a goalscorer? Damn, that's a tough one to explain! I think I see your point in that he might be a better link-up player/second striker than an out and out forward due to his other qualities, but I can't for the life of me understand how you can claim he's not a goalscorer after having netted 31 times in a season. That's a bit of an oxymoron to me.

I do appreciate it's a very odd thing to say, but even last season, for the reasons I outlined, I couldn't help but feel he wasn't a 'natural' striker.

It's that power in the shot and clinical finishing I think he lacks. Similarly, I think he enjoys linking the play and constantly being involved, which will naturally detract from his goal scoring exploits.

We all get these 'feelings' on players, which are hard to substantiate, so I'm aware it's a little unhelpful.

Who is that player? Eriksen? Our 'Arry? Chadders? All scored double figures last season...look, I get what you're saying, and I think we will absolutely need another forward given we let Bobby go on the pretext we were getting Berahino, however I think Kane will be absolutely fine. He has been very very unlucky this season. I still can't believe that overhead kick against the filth didn't cross the line fully.

Back