• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yeah I'm with Jord, Kane drifts all the time and doesn't really play as a lead the line forward, or at least what I would consider to be a lead the line forward. I think it's quite telling we were after forwards who can drop deep/play out wide in the transfer window rather than natural CFs - This season Lamela has show a willingness to push forward in to the space Kane leaves and so does Son, I think more of that is what Poch ideally wants from our attacking play - the forward and AMs all interchanging swapping positions throughout the game
...it is one of the reasons that both Lennon and Andros are such a shame in different ways but with the same result, because if ever there was a system to allow them to express themselves, this is it. Lennon especially could've thrived with this mobile front four if he'd had his eye on the prize.

Alli_chalkboard.png

Alli

Eriksen_chalkboard.png

Eriksen

Lamela_chalkboard.png

Lamela

Chadli_chalkboard.png

Chadli

Kane_chalkboard.png

Kane

Njie_chalkboard.png

Njie

severe lack of action in the box there

still, 5 shots in the area.......its not many

nice effort from Njie:)

Alli_chalkboard.png

Alli

Eriksen_chalkboard.png

Eriksen

Lamela_chalkboard.png

Lamela

Chadli_chalkboard.png

Chadli

Kane_chalkboard.png

Kane

Njie_chalkboard.png

Njie
Given he's clearly not fully up to speed in open play atm (as opposed to dead ball situations) that's highly impressive from Eriksen. Once he gets his passing antenna sorted and back to it's best he's going to be absolutely massive for us.

Those were passes. Here's shots:

Alli_shots.png

Alli

Eriksen_shots.png

Eriksen

Lamela didn't take any shots

Chadli_shots.png

Chadli

Kane_shots.png

Kane

Njie_shots.png

Njie

Interesting, still think heat maps would be more useful in terms of where a player is making the runs etc. Kane pretty much the only one taking shots in the area, points to him being the only center forward.

Given he's clearly not fully up to speed in open play atm (as opposed to dead ball situations) that's highly impressive from Eriksen. Once he gets his passing antenna sorted and back to it's best he's going to be absolutely massive for us.

I thought that as well.

So if I'm reading those correctly, Kane certainly plays deeper than Njie (small sample size I know) and is approx the same line as chadli and erikson, although more central.

Alli_heatmap.png

Alli

Eriksen_heatmap.png

Eriksen

Lamela_heatmap.png

Lamela

Chadli_heatmap.png

Chadli

Kane_heatmap.png

Kane

Njie_heatmap.png

Njie

Again thanks for finding and posting these. What do you read into them. To me its clear that kanes role is different from the other three forward players.

Im guessing these from the swansea game? Is there a way to overlay heatmaps for all games this season? Could we do the same for all Kanes games last season? To see a comparison.

How would that compare to other lone strikers' heatmaps?

Dont expect you to do any of that by the way.

So if I'm reading those correctly, Kane certainly plays deeper than Njie (small sample size I know) and is approx the same line as chadli and erikson, although more central.

I really believe that Kane would be a far better player if he was played in the hole rather then the front man. He reminds me of Sheringham who did a lot of his good work coming from deep.

Again thanks for finding and posting these. What do you read into them. To me its clear that kanes role is different from the other three forward players.

Why do you think it's clear that Kane's role is different from eriksen, lamela and Chadli based on those maps? Kane, Chadli and eriksen all play most of the game from midway between the edge of the centre circle and the opposing D, just on different sides. With lamela slightly deeper. Are you seeing something different to how I've explained?

For me, based on watching games (and I don't think this is a surprise to anyone, or some sort of amazing insight!!), Kane's starting position is higher up the pitch on the last defender, but he drops deep from there, the three behind start deeper but make breaks / runs to join and go beyond Kane. The net "heat map" effect is pretty similar for all 4 players based on those pics.

Kane's heatmap will be slightly altered by the fact that he dropped into a number 10 role when N'jie came on. Also the game was a lot more stretched and end to end during the time that N'Jie was on the pitch so his position will probably naturally appear a little further forward.

I really believe that Kane would be a far better player if he was played in the hole rather then the front man. He reminds me of Sheringham who did a lot of his good work coming from deep.
I think Kane can do both. However if we are to deploy him as the number 10 then we are going to have to go out and buy ourselves another number 9 as I don't think there is another player at the club currently who could fulfill that role for us.

Kane_heatmap.png

Kane vs Swansea

Aguero_heatmap_Newcastle.png

Aguero vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Gestede_heatmap_Stoke.png

Gestede vs Stoke

Lukaku_heatmap_Liverpool.png

Lukaku vs Liverpool

Sakho_heatmap_Sunderland.png

Sakho vs Sunderland

Why do you think it's clear that Kane's role is different from eriksen, lamela and Chadli based on those maps? Kane, Chadli and eriksen all play most of the game from midway between the edge of the centre circle and the opposing D, just on different sides. With lamela slightly deeper. Are you seeing something different to how I've explained?

For me, based on watching games (and I don't think this is a surprise to anyone, or some sort of amazing insight!!), Kane's starting position is higher up the pitch on the last defender, but he drops deep from there, the three behind start deeper but make breaks / runs to join and go beyond Kane. The net "heat map" effect is pretty similar for all 4 players based on those pics.
Agreed.... However a part of our game is still for the ball to go into Kane as the most advanced player and for him to have to win it and bring one of our midfielders into play. I don't think that any of our other options would be successful if asked to do that as they are all too weak (other than Chadli, who is big and strong enough but too much of a fairy to be prepared to go in where it hurts)

Agreed.... However a part of our game is still for the ball to go into Kane as the most advanced player and for him to have to win it and bring one of our midfielders into play. I don't think that any of our other options would be successful if asked to do that as they are all too weak (other than Chadli, who is big and strong enough but too much of a fairy to be prepared to go in where it hurts)

Maybe im not watching close enough but i don't see this all that often - i see Kane drop deep/wide to get the ball with players ahead of him much more than the ball played to Kane in the middle as the most advanced man with the intention of him holding it up

Back