• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Maybe we have to win a penalty to help Kane score his first goal this season. After the way he missed the one-on-one chance against Everton, maybe the pressure is getting to him this season.

He is trying to hard and it is not coming naturally or by instinct like it was last season. I noticed this during the end of last season, He became more greedy and tried to hard.

I agree with Yiddo, he seems like he's getting so focused on scoring and so is shooting in a manner which is much unlike his usual self. Hopefully he will score soon, the longer it takes, the more damage that this run will do to his game.

Maybe we have to win a penalty to help Kane score his first goal this season. After the way he missed the one-on-one chance against Everton, maybe the pressure is getting to him this season.

We did but the ref didn't give it ( Kyle walker I the first few minutes)

I agree with Yiddo, he seems like he's getting so focused on scoring and so is shooting in a manner which is much unlike his usual self. Hopefully he will score soon, the longer it takes, the more damage that this run will do to his game.

Soldado Syndrome

It was never a penalty in a million years. Walker had lost the ball
I thought it was probably obstruction, indirect free kick, but at the time I thought it was a pen. However the ref is never going to give a pen in the 1st minute....(edit unless you are one of the sky 4)

I thought it was probably obstruction, indirect free kick, but at the time I thought it was a pen. However the ref is never going to give a pen in the 1st minute....(edit unless you are one of the sky 4)

As they say "seen'um given".........

TBH I wouldn't trust Kane with taking penalties. I don't think it's his strong point.

Cannot say I've seen any difference in his approach whatsoever. He's always been quick to get his shot away, something all good strikers need to do. Sky Sports came up with stats the other day that showed he's averaging the same number of shots per game as he was last year, suggesting he's not changed his game that much. Only difference is they're just not going in for him atm.

Keep the faith.

Cannot say I've seen any difference in his approach whatsoever. He's always been quick to get his shot away, something all good strikers need to do. Sky Sports came up with stats the other day that showed he's averaging the same number of shots per game as he was last year, suggesting he's not changed his game that much. Only difference is they're just not going in for him atm.

Keep the faith.
I think there is another difference. A lot of the shots he is taking on now have a very low probability of ever going in. They are very speculative and often just the wrong choice. The sooner he gets a goal the better as it's affecting his overall game IMO.

that one from 5 yards against Sunderland wasn't typical Kane, he took ages to set himself then laced it straight at the keeper, rather than just stroking it into the corner the way he did for England recently, I think it's on his mind and he's forcing it

It's always gonna be on his mind as it is for the best strikers

Linker intemperate wouldn't cut his hair if he had a barren spell... Shearer did something similar

I'd bet right now that Kane is thinking about his shirt number and the bad juju that's brought

The key is he keeps on putting in the effort leading the line as getting in positions. If that stopped it would be different but that won't happen with Kane

that one from 5 yards against Sunderland wasn't typical Kane, he took ages to set himself then laced it straight at the keeper, rather than just stroking it into the corner the way he did for England recently, I think it's on his mind and he's forcing it

I agree, luckily we got a suitable backup in the window so we can take the pressure off his young shoulders ..... Oh

Back