• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hitting the bar/post like that is an underrated way of attacking... the ball often bounces back to a teammate and the keeper is often out of the picture. Great freekick from Eriksen, great finish from Harry. He must have had an awful feeling as the ball left his foot and start flying up, up, higher than the bar... towards the top corner...... ..... then.... it dropped under the bar, phew! That was such a big moment. So many times in my Spurs-life that ball has hit the bar and been cleared and we go on to lose the game. Happy days!

that was a very difficult finish from harry and it looked like slow-motion from where i was seated. I hope to see kane less selfish from now on...

that was a very difficult finish from harry and it looked like slow-motion from where i was seated. I hope to see kane less selfish from now on...

No way! Show me the striker that does not take a punt and miss a few. He's a fudging striker ffs! I want to see him carry on exactly as he's been playing. For me he's the perfect striker - as last seasons 31 goals and Young Player of the Year suggests.

Glad Kane got his first goal of the season. He was getting desperate and selfish trying to score his firs goal this season. There were 2 occasions against ManCity where he could have passed to unmarked Eriksen and Lamela but decided to try it himself. Hope this goal will now boost his confidence to score more this season.

No way! Show me the striker that does not take a punt and miss a few. He's a fudgeing striker ffs! I want to see him carry on exactly as he's been playing. For me he's the perfect striker - as last seasons 31 goals and Young Player of the Year suggests.
Hmmm ... Beware The tyranny of "or".

Considering that by letting others score, he will be able to get more shots on goal!

It was interesting to see Kane drop back with NJ up front at the end. I guess that is our plan B. Or NJ upfront with another goal threat deeper if we need to rest Kane. We might see that midweek.

Kane is consistent, he brings a lot to the team (running the channel, tackling back) which is why its hard not to play him. I'm sure we will try hard to bring in another striker for January. Though if NJ delivers up front, and Son and Eriksen keep firing you never know we might not need another player.

It was interesting to see Kane drop back with NJ up front at the end. I guess that is our plan B. Or NJ upfront with another goal threat deeper if we need to rest Kane. We might see that midweek.

Kane is consistent, he brings a lot to the team (running the channel, tackling back) which is why its hard not to play him. I'm sure we will try hard to bring in another striker for January. Though if NJ delivers up front, and Son and Eriksen keep firing you never know we might not need another player.

Late in the game, I expect Kane to drop deep, NJ's pace makes him a good out ball option

Its funny as I have always been of the opinion that Kane would be a better player behind the main striker, maybe we will see more of him doing that. I have noticed one or two pundits have been saying the same thing over the last couple of weeks.

He knows he only needs two thirds of a season to hit 20+ league goals. Starting slow so that he doesn't upset the competition too much.

Delighted to see him get his goal.

I think much of the "selfishness" and "desperation to get a goal" is media driven narrative to fit a story around him not scoring in the early games. Showed with his 3 previous offside goals that were (correctly) ruled out that the confidence was still there, playing well and taking shots like he was last season. Remember he went for the finish one on one with the goalkeeper last season when he could have squared it for a tap in for someone else? He is somewhat selfish, or rather he rates his own finishing very highly and errs on he side of backing himself to do the job. Absolutely fine for me.

Was only a question of time before he started scoring again. Every chance he'll go on a good goalscoring run now.

Late in the game, I expect Kane to drop deep, NJ's pace makes him a good out ball option

Agreed. Made a lot of sense. Have to praise him for his work rate though I think. Not many strikers that would just slot into the attacking midfield trio like that at 4-1 up towards the end of a game like that. But Kane did and quietly went about doing his defending... Top effort.

FA chief Glenn blames Spurs for Kane drought

Date published: Sunday 27th September 2015 4:00

Harry-Kane1-700x367.jpg

Tottenham’s end-of-season tour was the culprit for Harry Kane’s goal drought at Spurs, not his participation in the European Under-21 Championships, says FA chief executive Martin Glenn.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino said on Friday that Kane’s slow start to the new season could at least partly be explained by him representing England Under-21s over the summer.

“I think Harry is the same person and he has the same mentality as last season,” Pochettino said. “But at the end of the season, he rested, he went to the Euros and he didn’t score at the Euros in three games.

“He came back late for pre-season and then you need to recover the time. Sometimes you are not in the best scoring condition when you start to play and you don’t score and your confidence goes down.”

Kane ended his Premier League goal drought with the third in Tottenham’s 4-1 win over Emirates Marketing Project on Saturday, with England boss Roy Hodgson watching on from the stands.

Glenn believes Tottenham, who included Kane on an end-of-season tour to Asia and Australia, should look closer to home when looking for an answer to the striker’s early-season struggles.

“It was great to see Harry score and the performances I have seen have certainly merited that reward,” Glenn said.

“A number of our young players are thriving in the league, having played in the summer Under-21 tournament, although they didn’t all embark on commercial tours of the Far East with their clubs, as Harry had to with Spurs.

“International tournament experience is vital for our young players. Every nation to have won a major tournament can trace their success back to their development teams. We need to respect and recognise the importance of playing for England and the great benefits it can bring to young players.”

Kane was delighted to get back on the scoresheet against City but insisted he had never lost confidence during the lean patch.

“There’s been a lot of talk that I haven’t been scoring but I am a confident young man and I have faith in my ability,” Kane said.

“The ball bounced just in front of me and I just tried to get good contact; it wasn’t the easiest chance. You need a bit of luck and it’s just nice to get on the scoresheet.

“As a striker you want to be scoring. When you aren’t you get a bit moody but I stayed professional and there’s a bigger picture than just me; it’s the team.

“Some people wrote us off because we are a young team but a lot of us were here last year and with a few new faces we are really excited. But we can’t get carried away.”

The FA want to have their cake and eat it. Used him in the under 21 tournament then also for senior squad. Who cares about burn out. Seeing as he was our stand out player last season of course we will want him to do promotional work for the club that pays his wages.

I hate that mentally. "Someone said something that could be considered a criticism of us, must say a thinly veiled criticism back".

The FA and Martin Glenn should just be 100% supporting Englands young players and u21 football, not looking for tit-for-tat with clubs.

I dont know why Poch had to say such a thing in the first place. The under 21 tournament had nothing to do with it, and neither did the post season tour so the Fa can fcuk off too

Kane had a busy summer, came back late for pre season so was behind in the fitness levels, but if we had a decent striker as back up then Kane could have been slowly introduced back into the fold. However we didnt so he has had to carry all the burden. Pretty simple really.

I hate that mentally. "Someone said something that could be considered a criticism of us, must say a thinly veiled criticism back".

The FA and Martin Glenn should just be 100% supporting Englands young players and u21 football, not looking for tit-for-tat with clubs.

Its called the " blame culture" and seems to be prevalent in todays world. Lets be honest fans are usually the worst at it. ;)

Back