• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I
1) Hopefully PP now void my bet for Kane to win the PL golden boot.
2) I will need to find another 'go-to' bet besides 'Kane to score from a header'.
#knockoneffects
Selling Spurs points might be decent? Alternatively I think going overs on the goals spread in our games will be decent early in the season before the bookies up the spread (I think we’ll score a good number of goals this season but also be on the wrong end of a few pastings).

Last edited:
I think it is prudent to keep a kitty for Ange. We will have a settling-in period and find out what needs strengthening next. We'll add one more attacker and one more CB now. It is a lot of players to bed in as it is. Mind you if we add a CB and attacker, plus VDV and we've probably spent most of the Kane cash anyway.

What is our appx no-Kane transfer kitty? No europe it must drop 20-30m? Maybe 70m?
£100m plus I’d guess
The money was and is there

Are we being petty and trying to delay it enough so he doesn't win their charity shield trophy tomorrow on his first day!?

As I've said mate, we were the weaker team in every one of those finals. This is why we consistently lose them - we have to hope for a long shot against the odds every time, and it rarely works out.

Even the one pot we won in 22 years of these deadweights came against the odds, vs Chelsea in 2008. Other than that we have been consistent in going out to teams better funded than us, with better players than us. And it shows - like with the FA Cup semifinal in 2017 when Chelsea threw Hazard, Costa and Fabregas off the bench to win the game while we brought on...N'Koudou.

This is why Kane is leaving - we could not build a team around him to win the things he wanted to win with us.
Sounds like you wouldn’t be happy unless we get a Saudi Sportswashing Machine/City style takeover as that is the only way we go into finals guaranteeing to be the strongest side OR we do a Leeds and Risk the future of the club on possibly winning something.
As for being 2nd best anyways, there was a period where we were one of the best performing teams and still chocked the finals, which included Kane unfortunately and while that’s not on one player as he needs service as a collective we have never lit up any semi/final or played to our potential, that’s on the players

I think it is prudent to keep a kitty for Ange. We will have a settling-in period and find out what needs strengthening next. We'll add one more attacker and one more CB now. It is a lot of players to bed in as it is. Mind you if we add a CB and attacker, plus VDV and we've probably spent most of the Kane cash anyway.

What is our appx no-Kane transfer kitty? No europe it must drop 20-30m? Maybe 70m?
Yes, I think around £70m net in a year with no CL. As I said much earlier in the summer I think we had reached our limit already and when we finally pulled the trigger on the Van Der Ven purchase that was because we knew we’d likely have money coming in from selling Kane so started to draw that down.

I don't think there will be, majority recognise it was only a matter of time and can understand him wanting to go and us wanting a fee and also stopping him going to a PL rival
I think that’s the key, not seeing Kane playing against us is huge not to mention there was no chance of him signing again so moving forward with the fee is important

Interesting to ask: who are the squad leaders now?

No Kane, no Hugo, Dier a more peripheral figure potentially. Son not really a leader, he's a faciliator more than the guy to lead. Madison could well be Captain. As crazy as it sounds, Romero, though young could well revel and mature given the armband. We'll certainally look to these players now to step up. And that was @Bedfordspurs point to some degree, we have relied on Kane, now a number of players have to mature, step up and take responsibility. We can't fall back on HK any more, you and you and you have to take responsibility to galvanise and drag this club forward.

If PEH is staying no doubt he is a big asset in that sense too, as is the new keeper. We have a number of latent leaders, now there is space for them to take responsibility.

Last edited:
Sounds like you wouldn’t be happy unless we get a Saudi Sportswashing Machine/City style takeover as that is the only way we go into finals guaranteeing to be the strongest side OR we do a Leeds and Risk the future of the club on possibly winning something.
As for being 2nd best anyways, there was a period where we were one of the best performing teams and still chocked the finals, which included Kane unfortunately and while that’s not on one player as he needs service as a collective we have never lit up any semi/final or played to our potential, that’s on the players

This has been done to death but that is not what he is saying.

He wants owners that will put in reasonable additional outside investment to complement the revenues the club makes, for the purpose of player recruitment.

In 22 years enic’s outside investment to support player purchases happened just one time and equated to something like £100m.

You don't think Ange was aware of the likelihood of Kane leaving when he took the job?
You don't think he has been able to have come up with a plan B contingency to keep in his back pocket if Kane was to leave?

if anything, this buys him more time to get it right as there will always be the 'he had the rug pulled from under him by Harry leaving at the 11th hour'

So not sure it really is poor Ange.

Think Ange will cope better with this change than either of the 'world class' managers that preceded him.

Maybe, but to finalise the deal two days before the season kicks off with no other striker organised, the back line still needing further reinforcement, and Kane having featured heavily in the pre-season, seems a particularly rough deal for Ange.

Was thinking the same. He's been waiting for this moment for months, probably years, to have some "reason" to spew his negativity around, for something that was going to happen eventually, regardless of who owns us. We're getting over €100m for a player that has less than 1 year left. That's crazy! All teams sell players, many have sold their best player, and all of them are still here!

What’s incredible about it?

At the risk of repeating myself, it’s all about the timing. The season starts in two days. Kane has featured heavily in our pre-season games. It’s really not ideal.

Maybe, but to finalise the deal two days before the season kicks off with no other striker organised, the back line still needing further reinforcement, and Kane having featured heavily in the pre-season, seems a particularly rough deal for Ange.
Welcome to the standard World of THFC mate.

Probably 100m with Europe?

If we shed some deadwood we'll be able to spend more I guess. We must be on the hook for £30m+ a year for Hugo, Ndombele, Regulion, Le Celco just in wages alone.
I don’t think Europe makes much difference to the £100m
Anything over I’d agree
The club makes a lot of money

At the risk of repeating myself, it’s all about the timing. The season starts in two days. Kane has featured heavily in our pre-season games. It’s really not ideal.
So you’d have passed on the £100m and let him go for free, potentially to a rival, next season?

i wouldn’t personally. As much as it’s a pain to have to sell it’s the reality of the situation.

Back