• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Being presented in media as an ultimatum to Kane - sign or we will sell you. Which is bizarre, as if reports are correct, we’re led to believe that’s what he wants (sale).

IF there’s any truth in this ultimatum then it points to the fact that Kane’s preference all along was running down his contract and being free to choose his destination and wages. I always thought that would be the case as it also gives him one last chance at a trophy with Spurs and another 20+ goals nearer to the record.

On the flip side - the ultimatum is stupid nonsense anyway - Kane can just say no. He holds all the power and it will ultimately pan out exactly as he wants.
Kane can say no but now clubs can decide do they wait until the summer or try now
This could start a bidding “war”

Bidding war would have started long time ago, though, wouldn't it? This is hardly earth shattering news. Not only that, but I seriously doubt Lewis have any such ultimatum.

I don't think the headlines are to be taken as literal as they likely will, but the club will likely sit with Kane and work out something that suits all parties. Whether that can happen has been debated for weeks on here now but it's not in the realms of the impossible that everyone gets what they want this summer based on the idea that Kane won't be signing a new deal

I think he'll be forced to stay with the hope that we have a great season and he extends or at least fires us into the CL as a parting gift which would offset most of his transfer fee. The heat on levy would be too much.

Lots of media talk now but it will die down when the window closes and I don't see Kane as being the type to not give his all and sulk for a season. He'll want to be in good form for the Euros as well.

This is playing out as predicted a few pages back. Interesting to see Postecoglou putting pressure, not putting pressure, on Kane now. If Kane wants to try the new setup this year he has sign something with us. If no we’ll try to take 100+m.

Last edited:
This is playing out as predicted a few pages back. Interesting to see Postecoglou putting pressure, not putting pressure, on Kane now. If Kane wants to try the new setup this year he has sign something with us. If no we’ll try to take 100+m.
Postecoglou’s Putting pressure on Kane ?

We will take less than £100m IMO depending on the bidder

Postecoglou’s Putting pressure on Kane ?

“Fair to say I am not relaxed about it! It’s not something you go: ‘Ah, well, you know if it does or doesn’t happen!’ I mean it’s a very important part of this football club, not just the team, but the football club.

“He is such a massive figure, and as I have said already, whilst my focus isn’t on it on a daily basis because I’ve got other things I need to do, I know that every time I am talking to you guys, or whenever Harry is going to talk, that’s the first question you are going to get.

“So, you’ve got to deal with it, and I think, for everyone concerned, we don’t want to be doing it for too long. I don’t think that is good for anyone. I don’t think it is good for Harry, I don’t think it is good for the club, because as laser focused as we want to be, you end up sort of repeating yourself along the way.

“But the flip side of that is I don’t want to put a deadline on it, because that adds even more pressure. You want these things to happen for the right reasons. The reality of it is he’s still a contracted player at our football club, so that’s the way I see him.

“It’s not like his contract is ending on the 12th [of August] and he’s got to make a decision, he’s got another year. So from that part, I am not relaxed but I am not putting pressure on him or anyone else at the football club, saying ‘well we need to do this’. But I don’t think deep down any of us want it to go on for too long.”

We will take less than £100m IMO depending on the bidder

We may.

The weird thing with Kane is he is still underrated. Something about his image lacks gloss. Despite the stats and amazing skill set, he’s still not seen as the very elite by many. Tbf he is 30 later this week. Most Spurs fans know he’s 100m+ worth of player, I’m not sure everyone else does.

This can work in our favour. He doesn’t have a galatico image.

Last edited:
Who knows if that's true but if you're a billionaire sitting on a yacht in the Bahamas with absolutely no interest in football then I guess keeping a 100m asset for a year to let him walk away next season for free makes no sense.

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

I would have thought Lewis would be too shrewd a business man to allow any ultimatum to become public as it weakens our hand when negotiating with Bayern or any other club.

I would have thought Lewis would be too shrewd a business man to allow any ultimatum to become public as it weakens our hand when negotiating with Bayern or any other club.

I'd have though the same. But word can get around. That said, Lewis says it to Levy, I don't see Levy broadcasting it. Who the f**k knows though. Whatever happens, Uncle Joe or Levy won't be ringing any of us to ask our opinion. What will be will be with Harry.

I'd have though the same. But word can get around. That said, Lewis says it to Levy, I don't see Levy broadcasting it. Who the f**k knows though. Whatever happens, Uncle Joe or Levy won't be ringing any of us to ask our opinion. What will be will be with Harry.

And let's be fair, his contract is no secret and there isn't a gun to Kanes head to sign another. We are where we are, I think we likely sell and cut our losses to help Ange reinvest, if we do and take a hit we would have anyway next year, not sure there is much face saving here, but I don't think giving Ange the chance to push on is overly a bad thing either

And let's be fair, his contract is no secret and there isn't a gun to Kanes head to sign another. We are where we are, I think we likely sell and cut our losses to help Ange reinvest, if we do and take a hit we would have anyway next year, not sure there is much face saving here, but I don't think giving Ange the chance to push on is overly a bad thing either
This is what should happen. We need to ask him the simple question, "are you willing to sign an extension?" If he says no, then we need to sell him. For me whether that is 80m or 100m + is less of an issue than getting 0m for him next summer and still needing to bring a striker in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

This is what should happen. We need to ask him the simple question, "are you willing to sign an extension?" If he says no, then we need to sell him. For me whether that is 80m or 100m + is less of an issue than getting 0m for him next summer and still needing to bring a striker in.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Fully agree
The money would get us couple of players and the system and football under ange can bell compensate for some of Kanes qualities that we will miss

I reckon the Kane situation is likely further ahead than we realise and it's pretty much agreed between club and Kane he can go Munich if they stump up the fee, which will be likely 80m plus but not 100m.

That will enable us to get the French striker from Frankfurt who looks to fit Anges 'type' of forward, is actually very good and we get to pocket a few million quid aswell. Kane gets his move to Bayern, and we don't have to worry that he's gone to a rival. About the best situation we could expect, no chance Kane was signing for us ever since we blocked him going to Emirates Marketing Project....

Back