• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I reckon the Kane situation is likely further ahead than we realise and it's pretty much agreed between club and Kane he can go Munich if they stump up the fee, which will be likely 80m plus but not 100m.

That will enable us to get the French striker from Frankfurt who looks to fit Anges 'type' of forward, is actually very good and we get to pocket a few million quid aswell. Kane gets his move to Bayern, and we don't have to worry that he's gone to a rival. About the best situation we could expect, no chance Kane was signing for us ever since we blocked him going to Emirates Marketing Project....

I agree, I'm sceptical of news rumours as a rule but there seems to be too many quotes circulating, Ange ones are key and when he mentioned that they were seeking a resolution and then in a follow up that there was need for clarity, that was telling because there would be briefings on what can be said or not or what's helpful.

I think Bayern will come back with an offer in excess of the Bale money and things will move from there. I honestly now think he will be gone this summer

Kane is a brilliant player but i am coming round to letting him leave ( this window) if he wants to. Of course we will miss him but with Ange we are hoping we are moving into a new era and the money for Kane will/ should allow him to mold the team into what he requires from it.

I reckon the Kane situation is likely further ahead than we realise and it's pretty much agreed between club and Kane he can go Munich if they stump up the fee, which will be likely 80m plus but not 100m.

That will enable us to get the French striker from Frankfurt who looks to fit Anges 'type' of forward, is actually very good and we get to pocket a few million quid aswell. Kane gets his move to Bayern, and we don't have to worry that he's gone to a rival. About the best situation we could expect, no chance Kane was signing for us ever since we blocked him going to Emirates Marketing Project....
I think the first half of that is likely true. If Kane does leave though I do not think we will replace him with an expensive striker, I think we'll instead then purchase a couple of centre backs instead.

I think the first half of that is likely true. If Kane does leave though I do not think we will replace him with an expensive striker, I think we'll instead then purchase a couple of centre backs instead.
I agree.
I think we have the money for one CB but not two
Kanes fee would buy us a very good striker and a very good CB
Combined we may be a better team … may
Tapsoba and Jonathan David would be about £80M and both really suit Ange ball

I think the strain on the CBs only comes from the numbers games created by the fact we still have too many on the books already as appose to not having the cash.

If Kane goes I would fully expect another striker to come in, who that is who knows but I would lay money that Richy isn't seen as a replacement, he came in 100% to add depth to Kane which is endorsed by fact we have offered Kane a deal since.

Not being in the CL hurts us but we have cash in the bank on the balance sheet, fees get paid over 4/5 years, as you said before we have been well below all of our expenditure thresholds.

Also, as poor as some of our PR has been in past I don't think even Levy is dumb enough yto sell the best striker in the world and not replace him, that would be curtains for him

Of course I could be wrong,

Last edited:

Just have to comment on this part mate, I think City blocked themselves from buying Kane. They bought Grealish for 100m and didn’t offer more than 75m for Kane if reports are true. A fair bid in excess of 120m would have got him IMO (remember he had 3 years left on his contract at the time). The way Kane got his head down after the window closed and the way he still talks about Spurs suggests he understood the situation.

Had we let him go for 75m the fan base would have rightfully been in meltdown.

Just have to comment on this part mate, I think City blocked themselves from buying Kane. They bought Grealish for 100m and didn’t offer more than 75m for Kane if reports are true. A fair bid in excess of 120m would have got him IMO (remember he had 3 years left on his contract at the time). The way Kane got his head down after the window closed and the way he still talks about Spurs suggests he understood the situation.

Had we let him go for 75m the fan base would have rightfully been in meltdown.

Yeh I always think City ballsed up, they really really wanted Kane then should have paid what he was worth for him, if anyone let Kane down in the bigger picture there it was them

Kane is a brilliant player but i am coming round to letting him leave ( this window) if he wants to. Of course we will miss him but with Ange we are hoping we are moving into a new era and the money for Kane will/ should allow him to mold the team into what he requires from it.
For me Kane is going to leave eventually whether that's this summer, next summer or just old age. No matter how great a player he is, they all leave in the long run. We will always need to replace him no matter what, so let's make the best of the situation and extract as much money as possible and reinvest it into the team.

For many there is too strong an emotional connection and I get it he's been fantastic for us but that emotion isn't going to help when he leaves for free next summer and we don't have the money available to buy the best striker we could possibly get.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yeh I always think City ballsed up, they really really wanted Kane then should have paid what he was worth for him, if anyone let Kane down in the bigger picture there it was them
City wanted Kane but only so much. They knew about Haaland's release clause so the interest in Kane was only up to a certain figure. Once that figure was met, Haaland made more sense as a signing. He was a much longer term signing due to age and an even better goal scorer (with less to his overall game as a caveat). It just made business sense and longer term football sense to wait for Haaland's clause to become active at 120m for Kane.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He is the best player most of us will have ever seen in a spurs shirt
But…
Right now we need to back ange with players that suit him and his game
Kane could easily do that but for how long?
One season max is my view
He wants trophies and he can leave to get them (hence Bayern as it’s a banker)
The money for us right now could be massive and as key for the changes we need to make
Better CBS and a forward more suited to anges game are gettable with that money and that’s a game changer for me

He is the best player most of us will have ever seen in a spurs shirt
But…
Right now we need to back ange with players that suit him and his game
Kane could easily do that but for how long?
One season max is my view
He wants trophies and he can leave to get them (hence Bayern as it’s a banker)
The money for us right now could be massive and as key for the changes we need to make
Better CBS and a forward more suited to anges game are gettable with that money and that’s a game changer for me
It never works like that. Well Liverpool managed it with Suarez. But 98% of the time you sell your best player, you end up downgraded and declining

It never works like that. Well Liverpool managed it with Suarez. But 98% of the time you sell your best player, you end up downgraded and declining

Surely that's just the logic that you lose your best player it's hard to replace with another as good, especially off the bat? No one wants to lose their best player, no one wants to buy duds, that's the risks associated with football. But I agree with @Bedfordspurs based on where we are and the fact Kane isn't going to sign a new contract l, our best course of action is to sell and back the manager in his rebuild

Surely that's just the logic that you lose your best player it's hard to replace with another as good, especially off the bat? No one wants to lose their best player, no one wants to buy duds, that's the risks associated with football. But I agree with @Bedfordspurs based on where we are and the fact Kane isn't going to sign a new contract l, our best course of action is to sell and back the manager in his rebuild
Fair enough. I think keep him to make sure we don't fall off a cliff and try to reverse our decline, letting him go once we are hopefully ascending again.

At the moment we are arguably Everton + Kane

Fair enough. I think keep him to make sure we don't fall off a cliff and try to reverse our decline, letting him go once we are hopefully ascending again.

At the moment we are arguably Everton + Kane

Or keep him and let him leave on a free and fall off the same cliff?

His loss will be a loss now or in 12 months, probably more disruptive by new year if he agrees a deal and we know that at the business end of season.

The Everton comparisons that are often trotted out are massively OTT IMO

this is like your serious relegation fears the first season we made champions league. It’s quite reassuring actuallly.
Rookie manager, only remaining standout/high profile player (Son) is 30+ and our best player (Bentancur) is coming back from long term injury.

We're teetering - it could go Poch II, it could go Nuno II

Rookie manager, only remaining standout/high profile player (Son) is 30+ and our best player (Bentancur) is coming back from long term injury.

We're teetering - it could go Poch II, it could go Nuno II
Sorry but your back to talking balls fella
We have a manager with 27 years experience
We have plenty of players who weren’t born when ange started management
He isn’t a rookie
High profile players don’t make the team better in all cases
We have seen spurs teams over rely on one man before and it went tits up when they left
How were talking a bit a player who can leave now for ££ or next season for free

For context your mate Poch would what the money do he can invest in his team

Or keep him and let him leave on a free and fall off the same cliff?

His loss will be a loss now or in 12 months, probably more disruptive by new year if he agrees a deal and we know that at the business end of season.

The Everton comparisons that are often trotted out are massively OTT IMO
Just a bit
It’s the mental nature of so many of our fans
Take away Kanes 30 goals and we would be relegated.. most teams playing every game with 10 men would struggle
I’m still really not getting the negativity of our fan base
I started a pod earlier and had to turn it off as they were moaning about the lack of pre seasons games so far, but we’re comparing us with teams who had played amateur or non league sides for comparison

Back