• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sorry but your back to talking balls fella
We have a manager with 27 years experience
We have plenty of players who weren’t born when ange started management
He isn’t a rookie
High profile players don’t make the team better in all cases
We have seen spurs teams over rely on one man before and it went tits up when they left
How were talking a bit a player who can leave now for ££ or next season for free

For context your mate Poch would what the money do he can invest in his team

It's also taking strokes with the truth, Son isn't our only stand out player. Last season was bad for everyone but Deki was a revelation first year, Maddison is a high level operator, Royal has proven to be one of the best defensive RBs in the league, Romero year one was our best defender and in most pundits CBs of the year. That's before talking to Bissouma who has more than enough talent to be brilliant for us.

It's also taking strokes with the truth, Son isn't our only stand out player. Last season was bad for everyone but Deki was a revelation first year, Maddison is a high level operator, Royal has proven to be one of the best defensive RBs in the league, Romero year one was our best defender and in most pundits CBs of the year. That's before talking to Bissouma who has more than enough talent to be brilliant for us.
It just suits an agenda or argument
But it’s a bloody weak one
Take Hugo out of goal last season and we could have conceded more. That’s a fact, as having no goalie would have hurt us
However, having a keeper who was good at the basics last year and we would have got CL..

Just a bit
It’s the mental nature of so many of our fans
Take away Kanes 30 goals and we would be relegated.. most teams playing every game with 10 men would struggle
I’m still really not getting the negativity of our fan base
I started a pod earlier and had to turn it off as they were moaning about the lack of pre seasons games so far, but we’re comparing us with teams who had played amateur or non league sides for comparison

I get it's a bad time and I get people are worried, I'm probably gonna get a lump un the throat when Kane leaves. But like you I don't see the out and out devastation I see touted about. Some of it is genuine concern but having followed some pods and Spurs "commentators" for a while and their top line comments you can tell they are quiet when things like Maddison signing is happening and they are just waiting behind a Bush to pop out and be negative where possible. The whole Ange is already unhappy is now being trotted out by other sheep and grown men acting like bed wetting teens because we haven't signed players quick enough for their liking. It's tiring TBH mate, people having an absolute downer on everything, someone on here recently said, the constant negative narrative sucks the enjoyment out of things

Just have to comment on this part mate, I think City blocked themselves from buying Kane. They bought Grealish for 100m and didn’t offer more than 75m for Kane if reports are true. A fair bid in excess of 120m would have got him IMO (remember he had 3 years left on his contract at the time). The way Kane got his head down after the window closed and the way he still talks about Spurs suggests he understood the situation.

Had we let him go for 75m the fan base would have rightfully been in meltdown.
Oh yeah sorry we was definitely well within our rights to not let him go, agree with all of that.

I wasn't implying there was particularly bad will from Kane on what we did. But he's a human being, and we stopped him from moving to a club where he would have won it all and not only that but seen plenty of other inferior players win things since. Credit to the guy for continuing to put in performances but let's be fair, as an elite striker he's not ever going to want to stop scoring no matter who he is playing for. Now the opportunity for him to determine his own destiny is approaching, and I do think since that Emirates Marketing Project debacle that has given him even more focus to leave for one of the big boys.....

It just suits an agenda or argument
But it’s a bloody weak one
Take Hugo out of goal last season and we could have conceded more. That’s a fact, as having no goalie would have hurt us
However, having a keeper who was good at the basics last year and we would have got CL..

It's also being purposely disingenuous about players because they are not the ones some wanted to sign...

I get it's a bad time and I get people are worried, I'm probably gonna get a lump un the throat when Kane leaves. But like you I don't see the out and out devastation I see touted about. Some of it is genuine concern but having followed some pods and Spurs "commentators" for a while and their top line comments you can tell they are quiet when things like Maddison signing is happening and they are just waiting behind a Bush to pop out and be negative where possible. The whole Ange is already unhappy is now being trotted out by other sheep and grown men acting like bed wetting teens because we haven't signed players quick enough for their liking. It's tiring TBH mate, people having an absolute downer on everything, someone on here recently said, the constant negative narrative sucks the enjoyment out of things
If we had conte as manager losing Kane would be catastrophic
We don’t
We have a coach for a start. Someone who sees his sole purposes being that of improving his team
And anges football needs its striker to play on the shoulder of the defence . Kane does not do that anymore. And it’s going to mean his game has to change. He may or suit it which then means the question of keeping him becomes even more key

According to this, Lewis has instructed Levy to sell if Harry won’t sign a new contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-after-spurs-decision?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Actually I have allways said on many occasions over the years that some of the Spurs directors may have had a big say with decisions on players and Managers at the club. ie who stays and who goes!

So who's running the football? and who's in charge of where were supposed to be going as a club?
Those that know about football?(excluding DL who must understand some things) or those directors and share holders who don't understand football and should shut up!!!. We have a new manager who desperately wants to keep Kane and we have this director who by his comments is not helping to keep a player that Postecoglou needs and is vital and important as to where we end up this season.

Oh yeah sorry we was definitely well within our rights to not let him go, agree with all of that.

I wasn't implying there was particularly bad will from Kane on what we did. But he's a human being, and we stopped him from moving to a club where he would have won it all and not only that but seen plenty of other inferior players win things since. Credit to the guy for continuing to put in performances but let's be fair, as an elite striker he's not ever going to want to stop scoring no matter who he is playing for. Now the opportunity for him to determine his own destiny is approaching, and I do think since that Emirates Marketing Project debacle that has given him even more focus to leave for one of the big boys.....
We didn’t stop him
City didn’t want him enough
That’s the key
Saying we stopped him is the wrong language
Bayern haven’t shown any ambition in their approach so far abs have frankly operated in the same way that when we do it… our fans slag us off for it
City did the same thing
It’s actually weak form those clubs but does show their real intent
Im still convinced Bayern are doing this to make them look serious to their fans so that when they sign a lesser player they can blame us for not wanting to sell Kane

Sorry but your back to talking balls fella
We have a manager with 27 years experience
We have plenty of players who weren’t born when ange started management
He isn’t a rookie
High profile players don’t make the team better in all cases
We have seen spurs teams over rely on one man before and it went tits up when they left
How were talking a bit a player who can leave now for ££ or next season for free

For context your mate Poch would what the money do he can invest in his team
We're not Brighton though. We don't have the structures to absorb the shock. We dont have the pipeline of talent in house or in scouting for this to have any positive outcome

City wanted Kane but only so much. They knew about Haaland's release clause so the interest in Kane was only up to a certain figure. Once that figure was met, Haaland made more sense as a signing. He was a much longer term signing due to age and an even better goal scorer (with less to his overall game as a caveat). It just made business sense and longer term football sense to wait for Haaland's clause to become active at 120m for Kane.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Folks want to play it off as a win for Levy being Mr billy big gonad*s but as you say, City have a much longer term signing for much cheaper (on paper at least as per the rumours of massive agents fees etc). And have just won the CL and everything else last season apart from the league cup, they're not sat there thinking "Ah Spurs really got one over on us", not a chance.

Until something happens Kane wise (or doesn't) we'll go round in circles, I am firmly in pull the plaster off quickly camp rather than letting things drag on for another season until he likely leaves on a free. If he stays he'll give his best so it's not a stress either way as such but as long as the set up is prepared for every eventuality.

I don't want things like the Kane saga, botched pre season or continuing CB clusterfudge to give valid reasons as to why we'll look back and think "Ange didn't really have a chance" if it goes tits up.

We're not Brighton though. We don't have the structures to absorb the shock. We dont have the pipeline of talent in house or in scouting for this to have any positive outcome
We have plenty of talent
It’s just not being used
We also seem to have scouts finally
But that isn’t the key to thsi working
The first thing we needed was a coach who wanted to be here… we have that
We also needed a philosophy that can be translated onto the pitch.. we have seen that already
Anges is already showing things that Poch needed a year to show. That’s because he is a experienced

we do have to shift the brick. That’s never quick despite what fans think. That is a legacy of previous managers demanding but not coaching players to improve. You won’t see that with ange as he won’t keep players here who aren’t with him

and finally.. anges way of playing is all out attack which should suit Kane, but Kanes game is very different or what ange has used to date. There could be a compromise there because Kane is fudging brilliant, but that should only happen if Kane is committed. Right now he is only committed to winning medals for himself and that’s why he wants to leave. I really don’t have an issue with that and think we can both benefit if it’s done right.

my worry is that Bayern are acting like shisters… they will IMO eventually get close to the money buy it will all be ok the never never.

We have plenty of talent
It’s just not being used
We also seem to have scouts finally
But that isn’t the key to thsi working
The first thing we needed was a coach who wanted to be here… we have that
We also needed a philosophy that can be translated onto the pitch.. we have seen that already
Anges is already showing things that Poch needed a year to show. That’s because he is a experienced

we do have to shift the brick. That’s never quick despite what fans think. That is a legacy of previous managers demanding but not coaching players to improve. You won’t see that with ange as he won’t keep players here who aren’t with him

and finally.. anges way of playing is all out attack which should suit Kane, but Kanes game is very different or what ange has used to date. There could be a compromise there because Kane is fudging brilliant, but that should only happen if Kane is committed. Right now he is only committed to winning medals for himself and that’s why he wants to leave. I really don’t have an issue with that and think we can both benefit if it’s done right.

my worry is that Bayern are acting like shisters… they will IMO eventually get close to the money buy it will all be ok the never never.

Bang on, shifting the crap when it's a legacy factor is tough.

On one hand we should pay whatever is needed to get any player the fans want but on the flip we should also sell players at any price the buying club wants to pay. I struggle to square that circle TBH whilst also acknowledging both need to be done.

If only it was easy as buying a car

For me Kane is going to leave eventually whether that's this summer, next summer or just old age. No matter how great a player he is, they all leave in the long run. We will always need to replace him no matter what, so let's make the best of the situation and extract as much money as possible and reinvest it into the team.

For many there is too strong an emotional connection and I get it he's been fantastic for us but that emotion isn't going to help when he leaves for free next summer and we don't have the money available to buy the best striker we could possibly get.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Agree.

He is the best player most of us will have ever seen in a spurs shirt
But…
Right now we need to back ange with players that suit him and his game
Kane could easily do that but for how long?
One season max is my view
He wants trophies and he can leave to get them (hence Bayern as it’s a banker)
The money for us right now could be massive and as key for the changes we need to make
Better CBS and a forward more suited to anges game are gettable with that money and that’s a game changer for me

Same here.

Yup, like the time we sold Bale, never recovered from that, nor when we sold Modric and before that when we sold both Berbatov and Keane. Just been in a negative spiral for the last 20 years.
Those blows each set us back a couple of years from where we were, even if we did eventually recover/progress. But we're now already on a spiral of 4 declining year

Actually I have allways said on many occasions over the years that some of the Spurs directors may have had a big say with decisions on players and Managers at the club. ie who stays and who goes!

So who's running the football? and who's in charge of where were supposed to be going as a club?
Those that know about football?(excluding DL who must understand some things) or those directors and share holders who don't understand football and should shut up!!!. We have a new manager who desperately wants to keep Kane and we have this director who by his comments is not helping to keep a player that Postecoglou needs and is vital and important as to where we end up this season.
Only two shareholders with any say in the club, Levy and Lewis. Who has a big say amongst the directors? The only one now that will matter now is Munn. I doubt very much that anyone in that position doesn't have the balls to tell the likes of Cullen "Thank you very much for your opinion now fudge off to your PR stuff".

Those blows each set us back a couple of years from where we were, even if we did eventually recover/progress. But we're now already on a spiral of 4 declining year
But you yourself have been saying it’s the managers
We now have one who is progressive and experienced
We are also starting from a low point
So what’s different?

Berbatov left in 2008 when we finished 11th, 2009 we finished 8th, 2010 we finished 4th. I'd say that's actually a huge improvement.
Modric left in 2012 when we finished 4th, the next two seasons we finished 5th and 6th.
Bale left in 2013 when we finished 5th, the next two seasons we finished 6th and 5th.
So no, we didn't end up being set back massively.

We haven't been on 4 years of decline, yes the football has been mostly brick to watch but we have still finished 4th in that time. Last season is the only really poor season we have had.

Back