• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

"It is still expected the Spurs chairman would want as much as £200m, which would almost certainly exceed Madrid's budget."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/harry-kane-transfer-real-madrid-tottenham-b2351173.html

While The Independent has been told that it has been made known to Madrid what wages Kane would want, there is still the belief that he wants to stay in England in order to break the Premier League goalscoring record.

Spurs' position is weakened by the fact the 29-year-old now only has a year left on his contract but that has not changed Daniel Levy's hardline stance. The Spurs chairman absolutely will not countenance the sale of Kane to another Premier League club, and his preference is still to keep him for next season in the hope that a deal can still be agreed. Much will depend on the manager.

At the same time, a sale to Madrid would at least represent a more palatable option. The Bernabeu hierarchy are hoping to play on this, even though they are acutely aware of how difficult it will be to negotiate with Levy. It is still expected the Spurs chairman would want as much as £200m, which would almost certainly exceed Madrid's budget.
How about we get Kane to sign a new 4 year contract and we loan him to Real Madrid for the first 24months with a ,£25m per year loan fee

Creative, but would leave us in a flux. Do we sign a new CF? Loan one? Rely on Richarlison?
We buy a forward with the loan fee, 20-24 year old as a supplement to Richie. (We'd have to do this if he leaves anyway)

Someone like Nicolas Jackson.

If it works out we have a star, if not Kane will be back.

We buy a forward with the loan fee, 20-24 year old as a supplement to Richie. (We'd have to do this if he leaves anyway)

Someone like Nicolas Jackson.

If it works out we have a star, if not Kane will be back.

Loaning out Kane to Real for a year would really risk getting back into Europe and push a lot more pressure on the new manager. Not sure I see it happening. Either we extract a huge fee, or he stays

As a Spurs player when I was a kid he was my favourite and was gutted when he went to Man U. But he is no Spurs legend, a true legend like Ledley would never mouth off to the press like this....
His best moment ever, was in his debut for United, opening game of the season at WHL. United got a pen, and Sheringham put it in the crossbar. Loudest cheer I've ever heard at WHL!

I think we’ll have him next season. New baby on the way, may not want the upheaval this year (although that in itself doesn’t have to stop him moving within England I guess but less likely he’d go to Madrid). He will be made club captain. We get one more year and he can leave on a free.
I do worry a bit about Utd but still think we’ll have him next season.

Loaning out Kane to Real for a year would really risk getting back into Europe and push a lot more pressure on the new manager. Not sure I see it happening. Either we extract a huge fee, or he stays
As you said originally, creative.

Fwiw I'd rather he stayed for the reasons you give. Plus he's brilliant.

Maybe what he should do is stay and put a serious dent in the remaining 48 (iirc) that he needs and then go to Madrid next summer.

An interesting time for sure especially as Madrid will sign Mbappe in summer 2024.
Which begs the question, why would Harry choose to go there only to sit on the bench after a twelve-month?.

I think we’ll have him next season. New baby on the way, may not want the upheaval this year (although that in itself doesn’t have to stop him moving within England I guess but less likely he’d go to Madrid). He will be made club captain. We get one more year and he can leave on a free.
^^^^^^^^^ This 100%

Think that's the most likely case, but with a lot of noise in between.

Would be great if we could get agreement with him on a new deal and given he could walk for nothing next summer when he'd be 30, we should be able to rationally get our head around including a non-crazy release clause in that, even say £80m. Better for us than him walking for nothing

Back