• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Here to be shot down, but Harry's working his way into the Messi, Ronaldo sector of footballers. OK the trophies thing is an issue, but tell me that his build up to the Porro goal on Sunday was not Messiesque?!? Beats 2 Leeds players (and the Ref) before a pin point pass. Ronaldo wouldn't/couldn't have done that. All down to graft, graft and then more graft!

Here to be shot down, but Harry's working his way into the Messi, Ronaldo sector of footballers. OK the trophies thing is an issue, but tell me that his build up to the Porro goal on Sunday was not Messiesque?!? Beats 2 Leeds players (and the Ref) before a pin point pass. Ronaldo wouldn't/couldn't have done that. All down to graft, graft and then more graft!

The first bit of skill was majestic. The pass not so much. Defender should have stopped it. The finish from Porro was world class.

Still, I think Harry is at a very, very high level. Reminds me of Berbatov a bit in 2007ish with us. At that point Ronaldinho’s form was tapering off and Messi hadn’t arrived. Berbatov looked like he had the potential to maybe contend to fill that void. He was so good for us. He got his big move but, while he won trophies, he never stood out even at United let alone threatened to be a truly elite player. Could Kane do likewise?

The first bit of skill was majestic. The pass not so much. Defender should have stopped it. The finish from Porro was world class.

Still, I think Harry is at a very, very high level. Reminds me of Berbatov a bit in 2007ish with us. At that point Ronaldinho’s form was tapering off and Messi hadn’t arrived. Berbatov looked like he had the potential to maybe contend to fill that void. He was so good for us. He got his big move but, while he won trophies, he never stood out even at United let alone threatened to be a truly elite player. Could Kane do likewise?

Truly great player was Berby and everything he did was class.

Truly great player was Berby and everything he did was class.

Remember watching him early on v Reading in that horrible brown kit and we got beat 3-1. As I recall, and I do get dramatic sometimes, his performance was an affront to his profession. He was lazy as f**k. That day, I swore I never wanted to see him in the shirt again. How wrong I was. He was so, so good technically. His first touch was a thing of beauty and he was one of the most skillful players I've seen for us in my 40 years supporting. Up there with Hoddle, Gazza, Waddle, Ginola, Dembele on pure skill. An absolute joy to watch. Loved him even if his departure was a bit grubby.

lqeiem9kj83b1.jpg

He’s probably right though unfortunately.
It's not great losing Kane but if you were gonna lose him it's now. And someone has to pay the piper for that after a 30-goal season. Maybe overly philosophical here but there isn't much point him wasting another year here hoping it gets better to then be 31-32 if it does and then us need to replace him anyway. We have put off far too long looking at a future and frankly for both parties it might be best to wipe our tears and say adios.

If he stays and goes on a free then so be it, we still then have a WC striker to help the new manager to do something half achievable next season.

Nothing last forever and we would have to plan for his end days sooner rather than later anyway

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Bore off Teddy! He gets wheeled out every year to say exactly the same thing.
Which is fine, it can be ignored, he might be right and he might have been a good player but he is hardly relevant anymore. Failed Stevenage boss....great

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

If we have a half decent season under Ange with signs of progression and Harry really impressed with what he sees I wonder if we could get into a situation where he signs a 1 year extension each season.

This then gives him the freedom to choose each summer what to do e.g. ‘how are spurs doing, does Emirates Marketing Project come in for me, are utd now a real force again, madrid are keen and now I’ve broken the PL record that’s an option’ etc.

Back