• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I really wish we could just call Kane back to Spurs. He’s not appreciated by other team’s supporters so feel like he’s putting in efforts for himself but these aren’t recognised. How can they justify celebrating his goals if they won’t support him?
Fans are always going to scorn players from other teams, especially their top stars. Doubtless Liverpool fans are annoyed at the way we deride Salah (quite rightly, hehe. :D)

Fans are always going to scorn players from other teams, especially their top stars. Doubtless Liverpool fans are annoyed at the way we deride Salah (quite rightly, hehe. :D)

But most of us aren’t Egyptian. If we were and still heavily criticised Salah and didn’t support him it would be different.

In my experience the first couple of times you break your ankle/snap tendons, are the worst!

Afterwards you can roll your ankle easily, but there is a much smaller price to pay in terms of torn ligaments, bruising and recovery time.

Maybe Harry is now in the same boat. I broke my ankle twice playing football.

In my experience the first couple of times you break your ankle/snap tendons, are the worst!

Afterwards you can roll your ankle easily, but there is a much smaller price to pay in terms of torn ligaments, bruising and recovery time.

Andros Townsend was saying that harry uses a special physio now that andros shares. Said he's brilliant and after two years of working with harry has got his ankles almost back to normal. Said harry's ankles used to swell up after games but they're now normal.

The physio is paid by harry, not england or the club, but is in qatar. Might have been him that suggested a scan as a precaution?

Andros Townsend was saying that harry uses a special physio now the andros shares. Said he's brilliant and after two years of working with harry has got his ankles almost back to normal. Said harry's ankles used to swell up after games but they're now normal.

The physio is paid by harry, not england or the club, but is in qatar. Might have been him that suggested a scan as a precaution?

That’s good to hear. You do worry Harry insists on playing in big games when actually the team would be better off if he rested.

I used to have the coach tape mine up with that incredibly sticky zinc oxide tape. So that it literally could not do anything than flex fore and aft.

Mind you I’m not a £100M footballer - not even close lol.

That's a well-known phenomenon. The first time you sprain your ankle it's bad and takes 6 weeks to heal. After that it's more suspectable to go again, but because the ligaments are already stretched, it's never as bad/only takes 2 weeks for a full sprain to heal.

Andros Townsend was saying that harry uses a special physio now that andros shares. Said he's brilliant and after two years of working with harry has got his ankles almost back to normal. Said harry's ankles used to swell up after games but they're now normal.

Really interesting to read that

I'm waiting for him to be blamed for the 'cost of living' crisis (btw, what a crock of horsesh1t name for having an economy fkucked by the government).

Sounds about right.

The rationale from pundits and opposition fans:
Messi - only scores from a penalty, wasn't a great display, but he is still amazing
Bale - only scores from a penalty, was pretty average rest of the game, but he is still amazing
Lewandowski - doesn't even score from his penalty, but obviously he is still amazing
Ronaldo - cons and then only scores from a penalty, he is of course the best thing since sliced bread
Kane - does not score, but still makes two assists (one while injured), but he is having a poor start to the World Cup and is past his best

Makes my p#ss boil, or am I just surrounded by the wrong sets of fans?

They were saying this morning it wasn't even an ankle injury, it was more a foot injury and he's fine to play. Could all be gonad*s though,

Kane - does not score, but still makes two assists (one while injured), but he is having a poor start to the World Cup and is past his best

True. Part of it comes from him being the talisman for Spurs, and our unfortunate juxtaposition of being simultaneously loathed by three of the largest fan bases in the country in Arse, Chelsea and Spam and mocked by the rest.

Part of it, though, is that we ourselves take him for granted a lot. How many years in a row has he finished as our top scorer or top assister? And how many years has he won our PotY award?

Answer is, he's only ever won our own PotY award twice, in 2015 and 2021.

We need to make more fuss about him if we want England to do likewise. Personally, I still can't believe his rise, and I'll be telling my grandkids about him many decades from now as the greatest striker to have played for us, period.

Sounds about right.

The rationale from pundits and opposition fans:
Messi - only scores from a penalty, wasn't a great display, but he is still amazing
Bale - only scores from a penalty, was pretty average rest of the game, but he is still amazing
Lewandowski - doesn't even score from his penalty, but obviously he is still amazing
Ronaldo - cons and then only scores from a penalty, he is of course the best thing since sliced bread

Well done sir

I see Shearer laying in to Kane saying he needs dropping for the next game. Honestly, how could you watch the US game and think the CF is the problem?

True. Part of it comes from him being the talisman for Spurs, and our unfortunate juxtaposition of being simultaneously loathed by three of the largest fan bases in the country in Arse, Chelsea and Spam and mocked by the rest.

Part of it, though, is that we ourselves take him for granted a lot. How many years in a row has he finished as our top scorer or top assister? And how many years has he won our PotY award?

We need to make more fuss about him if we want England to do likewise. Personally, I still can't believe his rise, and I'll be telling my grandkids about him many decades from now as the greatest striker to have played for us, period.

I don't want England to make a fuss of him, i want England to send him home to compete for some trophies for us.

He will retire with a scoring record that makes him the greatest striker this league has ever seen

Back