• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

Are you sure? He struggles to hold on to the ball and seems to continually pat the ball into open play in front of him instead of pushing the ball to the side.
That's a vast improvement on what we have. One throws the ball into the back of the net, while the other falls down like a tree, and doesn't even get close to the ball.

Bang on (I would say 17-20m for an established good keeper sounds about right to me, not too much or too little considering he is coming from an average sized Italian club). It seems there are some simpletons out there that can't understand when you are on a budget you are going to have to make compromises. 'Just pay the money' = using up more of your budget and not having enough left for other areas that need addressing. History shows that lower priced but smart signings that fit the profile of the team ethos and league are more successful than the big signings. Since the overhaul of our scouting network I have more faith in what we are doing - Betancur, Kulu, Sarr (I'd say Porro too but some still aren't sure about him) and more.

Spending decent amounts on players that arent huge and with the potential to become better and easily worth more than what we paid, and this GK sounds like another one. I think we are heading in the right direction in our rebuild, the CB Tapsoba sounds like another one in this mould and it seems like for all the whinging when people don't have a clue what's actually going on, it seems like there has been a plan all geared towards this summer and beyond.....

And at the end of the day our success has been in the development side rather than a turn to big time and paying large sums.

The benefit of that also lies in the fact younger players have less scars from Spurs or the reputation of Spurs, the energy and freshness and general adaptability is exactly what we want and need.

It's funny reading some posters on here. Didn't know who he was until yesterday evening, seen a video of him and now he's brick/another Pickford or whatever else. If only our scouting network thought to watch this video when doing their extensive analysis, and we should ignore what is said about him in Italy - The GG YouTube analysis is far more reliable, I'm going to listen to that....
I will counter all of that and say our scouting and transfer comittee decided that Sissoko was a good buy!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not heard of him but general feedback sounds like he's a good keeper. 40m was too much for Raya, glad to see we're moving on quickly and getting things done.

If that is true, really happy to see us getting on with things. Get the squad set, give Ange the best opportunity to do what he needs to.
Even if Vicario flops, he's the right kind of signing and done early.

Vicario
Udogie
Romero
New
Royal/Spence
Skipp
Bentancur
Bissouma
Son
Kulu
Kane

That's a pretty exciting XI and has loads and loads of growth potential.

Subs
Forster
Davies
Royal or Spence
Dier
Sarr
Porro (maybe he starts??)
Richi

Add a couple to that either through signings or developing the likes of Parott, Devine etc and we have a really exciting young squad.
One old head wouldn't go amiss though.

I was hoping for Raya because I don't know anything about Guglielmo... I was happy with our last Italian GK even if he was just a backup, and I'm going to support this new guy even if he has a few rough starts (assuming he's taking over from Hugo which, honestly, I'd prefer just to have Forster in goal if it's between the two of them).

Anyway, welcome to Spurs, no pressure here or anything. I'm sure the fans will always be respectful and understanding.

15m vs 40m = 25m toward a better Centre Back. And, Vicario might just might be a bit of a gem - nice to have a tall wirey keeper. Covers up more of the goal init.

Definitely more risk too, he has to adapt to a new country and league. But no doubt our scouts have made an informed decision, and if we can use the extra 20 odd million wisely, it makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Don't know anything about him, but we absolutely needed a new keeper, so great to get it done early.

Back