• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

Looks like a good buy. At the very least he will be a good replacement for FF and buy another keeper next season if he doesn't work out.
But looking at the stats he looks like a good upgrade on Lloris.

Looks like a good buy. At the very least he will be a good replacement for FF and buy another keeper next season if he doesn't work out.
But looking at the stats he looks like a good upgrade on Lloris.

I think it's very smart using the last year of Lloris' contract to understudy and pass on experience to a new young #1. Lloris actually mentioned this succession planning role when he last signed a contract.

I think it's very smart using the last year of Lloris' contract to understudy and pass on experience to a new young #1. Lloris actually mentioned this succession planning role when he last signed a contract.
I hate to break it to you but Lloris won't be here next season.

I hate to break it to you but Lloris won't be here next season.

We'll see. He's too moral to go to Saudi and is too good still to go back to Nice yet.

From our point of view he's also clearly much better than Timber (and same age), so it would be a bit of a coup if we could convince him to stay and do that transitioning role.

We'll see. He's too moral to go to Saudi and is too good still to go back to Nice yet.

From our point of view he's also clearly much better than Timber (and same age), so it would be a bit of a coup if we could convince him to stay and do that transitioning role.
He's finished. I take it you spent the last couple of seasons watching Sheffield Utd, not us, and aren't aware of his decline.

He's too moral to go to Saudi? How do you know what his morals are? He wasn't too moral when it came to drink driving.

He's finished. I take it you spent the last couple of seasons watching Sheffield Utd, not us, and aren't aware of his decline.

He's too moral to go to Saudi? How do you know what his morals are? He wasn't too moral when it came to drink driving.

I think the toxic environment and full time defending expected by our anti-football managers damaged every single one of our defenders. I think a couple could turn it back around in a refreshed setup, and I'd certainly see him as one with the mentality to be able to do that.

It's pretty embarrassing how hostile people have become to one of our greatest ever GKs and captains. Imagine what King or Mabbutt would have received in their latter seasons if they'd played in this aggressive social media age. But people back then had more perspective.

I love Lloris and I think his decline has been over egged but also know he is done at this level if you really wanna push on. Also its about having to end it and move on, sentiment is all well and good but eventually that comes to an end and thats now, I saw some comments from him on here recently and if true he seems to feel the same.

I personally think he would go back to France and Nice would be very much a level for him now IMO, I too don't see him going to Saudi but who knows.

Wouldn't worry I've never heard of half the names on here, I'm sure a lot of them are selected tiles from a scrabble game.

Its a positive sign that we are seemingly covering alot of ground to get deals done and also that there are people out there other than those converted by fans on here that exist which should ease some of the tension. Its not just Raya or bust which is good for us

I think the toxic environment and full time defending expected by our anti-football managers damaged every single one of our defenders. I think a couple could turn it back around in a refreshed setup, and I'd certainly see him as one with the mentality to be able to do that.

It's pretty embarrassing how hostile people have become to one of our greatest ever GKs and captains. Imagine what King or Mabbutt would have received in their latter seasons if they'd played in this aggressive social media age. But people back then had more perspective.
There's nothing hostile about it. You are unwilling to accept reality, he is finished as a top level player, it happens to every player. I think just about everyone has said he was one of our greatest ever keepers, but that is no use for what we need now. Pat Jennings is in the debate for the best keeper ever (Lloris is not) but I still don't want him in goal for us now, just like I don't want the current Lloris in goal for us now.

When it was time for King and Mabbutt to hang up their boots most fans wanted them to do it but were thankful to them for the good years and their service. It's the same with Lloris. If Lloris hangs on too long and playing when he's no longer up to it all he is doing is tarnishing his legacy.

I love Lloris and I think his decline has been over egged but also know he is done at this level if you really wanna push on. Also its about having to end it and move on, sentiment is all well and good but eventually that comes to an end and thats now, I saw some comments from him on here recently and if true he seems to feel the same.

I personally think he would go back to France and Nice would be very much a level for him now IMO, I too don't see him going to Saudi but who knows.

But we're talking about transitioning him from a #1 to a #2, with potential extra coaching responsibilities (we don't have a GK coach remember).

The 'go back to France' thing is maybe lazy. I know he's talked about the romance of finishing his career with Nice. But also remember he's been here for 11 years, so none of his children have ever lived there (London is France's 6th biggest city after all).

Wouldn't worry I've never heard of half the names on here, I'm sure a lot of them are selected tiles from a scrabble game.
:D

I believe that one of the top keepers shown (Flekken) is the guy that Brentford have just bought as their Raya succession plan.
As far as Vicario goes, this sends a good message for our first transfer (not including Deki) insofar as it shows we aren't allowing it to drag on for weeks while we fiddle through price negotiations for a key position but instead have more than one option we'll go for.

Back