• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

Is this bloke coming or not? Supremely non-plussed by him, but if he comes, I figure there must be some reason.

But I really don't think he's worth all this messing around for - we're a Champions League outfit, 3rd in the Premier League, and we're apparently struggling to get some one-footed attacking midfielder from a bankrupt outfit in the Championship.

Is this bloke coming or not? Supremely non-plussed by him, but if he comes, I figure there must be some reason.

But I really don't think he's worth all this messing around for - we're a Champions League outfit, 3rd in the Premier League, and we're apparently struggling to get some one-footed attacking midfielder from a bankrupt outfit in the Championship.
Who says we’re struggling to get him? Levy leaves it late constantly, why would it be any different with Grealish? They’ve been taken over which doesn’t help....

Who says we’re struggling to get him? Levy leaves it late constantly, why would it be any different with Grealish? They’ve been taken over which doesn’t help....

Maybe. My hope is that Levy doesn't pull his usual routine and wake up on the 31st of August ready to go..

...only to be told by his assistant that the window ended three weeks ago.

As for whether they've been taken over or not, again, I don't think he's worth the effort of pushing through that sort of complication.

If he's fairly cheap and available, he's probably worth a punt. If they start f*cking us around, drop him and move on, because there are far better players available and willing to come to Spurs than Jack Grealish.

Maybe. My hope is that Levy doesn't pull his usual routine and wake up on the 31st of August ready to go..

...only to be told by his assistant that the window ended three weeks ago.

As for whether they've been taken over or not, again, I don't think he's worth the effort of pushing through that sort of complication.

If he's fairly cheap and available, he's probably worth a punt. If they start f*cking us around, drop him and move on, because there are far better players available and willing to come to Spurs than Jack Grealish.
I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised mate, Grealish has immense talent.

I don’t think he is available on the cheap especially now they’ve been taken over so might take a bit of negotiating....

Their take over have saved them from administration but their debts were so large, selling Grealish for 20 or so mill would still have not been enough. Apparently they apparently still need to comply with the Championship equivalent of Fair Play regulations, though...

I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised mate, Grealish has immense talent.

I don’t think he is available on the cheap especially now they’ve been taken over so might take a bit of negotiating....

Have you watched him a lot? I managed to catch a couple of games Onomah was playing in and the play-off final - and, honestly, I don't remember him doing anything in any of them, although I'm fairly certain he played in all three.

He also looks pretty one-footed from his Youtube highlights - his left foot's for standing on, more than anything else.

If you've watched him more than I have, mate, I'd appreciate your insight about what he's actually good at.

Their take over have saved them from administration but their debts were so large, selling Grealish for 20 or so mill would still have not been enough. Apparently they apparently still need to comply with the Championship equivalent of Fair Play regulations, though...
I’m not just talking about the monetary side, now Levy will have to deal with the new owners. Who knows how easy that will be...

Have you watched him a lot? I managed to catch a couple of games Onomah was playing in and the play-off final - and, honestly, I don't remember him doing anything in any of them, although I'm fairly certain he played in all three.

He also looks pretty one-footed from his Youtube highlights - his left foot's for standing on, more than anything else.

If you've watched him more than I have, mate, I'd appreciate your insight about what he's actually good at.
I’ve seen a lot of him, but I’m going to bed now and too sleepy to go in detail. What I will say is he was MoTM in the play off final....

A close friend of mine is a Villa fan so I watched them a few times last season and could not help but be impressed by Grealish. No question he has class, he definitely has the makings of a top player.

Have to say I'm slightly puzzled the way so many on here seem so ready to dismiss him.

I’ve seen a lot of him, but I’m going to bed now and too sleepy to go in detail. What I will say is he was MoTM in the play off final....

Was he? I don't remember what he could have been named MotM *for*, tbh.

Again, there isn't much in these highlights that impresses me - in fact, probably the opposite. The bit where he gets the ball on a counter and has runners on both sides before losing control and falling over in a heap (I think at 4:40) sticks in my head a lot more than the few bits of skill he shows. And that happens a few times - he falls over or loses control a lot, and misses two great chances to boot.

There's one really good bit of play at the 7:20 mark (where he dribbles through half the Fulham back line by himself), but those moments seem to be the exception, imo. Which is why I'd like to listen to an explanation what he's good at, when you have the time.

A close friend of mine is a Villa fan so I watched them a few times last season and could not help but be impressed by Grealish. No question he has class, he definitely has the makings of a top player.

Have to say I'm slightly puzzled the way so many on here seem so ready to dismiss him.

Like I said, mate, I've seen him a few times and come away distinctly unimpressed each time - the play-off final I linked above is an example of that.

He needs to be *dominating* defenders in the Championship for me to be impressed by him - a la Sessegnon, who just seems to be much more impressive despite being much younger. If he isn't lighting it up in the Championship, what hope does he have in the Premier League, up against far better players?

Again, there isn't much in these highlights that impresses me - in fact, probably the opposite. The bit where he gets the ball on a counter and has runners on both sides before losing control and falling over in a heap (I think at 4:40) sticks in my head a lot more than the few bits of skill he shows. And that happens a few times - he falls over or loses control a lot, and misses two great chances to boot.

There's one really good bit of play at the 7:20 mark (where he dribbles through half the Fulham back line by himself), but those moments seem to be the exception, imo. Which is why I'd like to listen to an explanation what he's good at, when you have the time.
I dont know what that video shows but he ran the show for Villa. A quick google supports the point as the media outlets scored him highly and you'll come across little stats like 'He came into his own in 2018 having made more key passes from open play (42) than any other Championship player, while 3.7 successful dribbles per 90 was also one of the better returns in the league.' He can create from deep, which would be great for us if Eriksen isnt going to be pushed back deeper....

I know this idea gets raised regularly but it's nonsense if you ask me. We have someone who is outstanding in their position and one of the best in the league...yet some people want his position changed? Rather than mess about with part of the team which works well, I'd rather we actually sign a CM instead

He's played further back quite often, and always looked rather good when he does so, to my mind.

He's played further back quite often, and always looked rather good when he does so, to my mind.

Right but Vertonghen looks quite good as a left back, but if Rose leaves I'd prefer that we sign another LB rather than move our best CB from last season. Same logic with Eriksen if you ask me

I know this idea gets raised regularly but it's nonsense if you ask me. We have someone who is outstanding in their position and one of the best in the league...yet some people want his position changed? Rather than mess about with part of the team which works well, I'd rather we actually sign a CM instead
I agree mate, which is why I think Grealish would actually get more first team opportunities than some on here anticipate as we need some creativity from deep - unless someone like Modric comes in aswell....

Like I said, mate, I've seen him a few times and come away distinctly unimpressed each time - the play-off final I linked above is an example of that.

He needs to be *dominating* defenders in the Championship for me to be impressed by him - a la Sessegnon, who just seems to be much more impressive despite being much younger. If he isn't lighting it up in the Championship, what hope does he have in the Premier League, up against far better players?
Okay so Stop! Hammer time but time will tell.

Standing still however whilst Liverpool, City, Utd all add to their squads with quality, is a dangerous strategy.
Working on the training ground, improving the players already there, and improving the already very good understanding they have with each other, can be worth much more than any new signing.
Not bringing in new players or strangers, as they are for a long time, isn't the same as standing still. Quite the opposite.

So, Zaha does not impress you and Grealish does not impress you, who do you think we should sign?

So, Zaha does not impress you and Grealish does not impress you, who do you think we should sign?

Kovacic? Martial? Rabiot? Brandt? Bailey? Pulisic?

Hell, I like the look of Lewis Cook, although he's signed a new contract so that might be very difficult.

Zaha is good at one thing, and I'm not sure what Grealish is good at. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but I'm not seeing it.

But this idea that our highest targets have to be Zaha and Grealish is just a throwback to ten years ago, circa 2008 - before we had ever been in the Champions League, and long and before we became the team we are today.

And even in 2008, we went out and signed Modric, so I might even be being unfair about that.

Back