• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Roberts

You'd have him lie in the name of modern PR spin? Why should he lie or have to put a PR spin on it? He doesn't work for Spurs!

I hate this modern world we live in where people are no longer expected to speak their mind and have to be "diplomatic" all the time.

Lie?

That's not lying. That's forming a constructive (not destructive) statement. It's a statement of fact which may or may not bear fruition.

Roberts was before my time supporting spurs so I don't have any loyalty to him. This may offend some people but I constantly cringe on talks port when he comes on as he normally talks about spurs and he normally talks absolute brick. He said earlier in the summer that his sources in the club said there was going to be massive arab investment into the club this summer- he talks crap and he's a wind up merchant that doesn't have a good word to say about spurs. If I didn't know he'd played for us for so long I'd get the impression he hates us. The guy is a **** end of.

Sir Alex Fergusson
Arsene Wenger
Rafa Benitez

bastions of charisma :rolleyes:

Fat Waiter maybe, however, in my opinion Sir Alex is a VERY charismatic persona. He can command a dressing room/press conference and considering some of the personalities he's had to manage over the years, he's yet to meet his match. He even got the better of Mourinho eventually.

Wenger is charismatic but in a different way. I'd imagine his demeanour commands the respect of his players.

Anyway, not sure if this is OT or not but

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4529142/Hugo-Lloris-ready-to-confront-AVB.html :rolleyes:

Let him say what he wants. Everyone's gotta make a living somehow.

I personally stopped paying attention a long time ago.

We've got a fine manager. One with the balls to try again in England less than a year after being hounded out by the press and his own players.

Judge him after you've given him support and seen where that's led. That involves months, not days.

I am pretty sure Mabbutt has come out and said he thinks AVB is a great choice for Spurs and Mullery has said the same, so once again you are not right.

I really don't want to get involved in this argument but I do want to make the point that Mabbutt and Mullery are employed by Spurs in the ambassadorial/legends capacity so it wouldn't be advisable for them not to toe the line.

I really don't want to get involved in this argument but I do want to make the point that Mabbutt and Mullery are employed by Spurs in the ambassadorial/legends capacity so it wouldn't be advisable for them not to toe the line.

Fair point, but Hazard has said he thinks AVB is a good choice and he is not employed by the club ( as far as i know). As for Roberts as i posted earlier he has been sticking the knife into Spurs ever since they turned him down for a coaching job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...es-Spurs-reject-offer-defensive-coaching.html

Last edited:
RE: Roberts, it isn't hard.

For the sake or professionalism, put your personal feelings aside and refrain from public comment about a person/organization which has (in your opinion) done you a disservice. IF you decide, instead, to take the cheap-talk paycheck and blabber on for cash whenever anyone prompts you, then you have to expect the ridicule you'll get from some people. You made a choice, and the choice was to take the cheap money path...

Sad really, as I remember his time with us and he was fan-fudging-tastic!

For the sake or professionalism, put your personal feelings aside and refrain from public comment about a person/organization which has (in your opinion) done you a disservice. IF you decide, instead, to take the cheap-talk paycheck and blabber on for cash whenever anyone prompts you, then you have to expect the ridicule you'll get from some people. You made a choice, and the choice was to take the cheap money path...

Yes it is sad, i will never forget his performance against Anderlecht in the final, he was brilliant.

Wenger's comment:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who commentates on France’s games for TV, said: “Brad Friedel saved Villas-Boas and he owes him a form of recognition — but it doesn’t mean he won’t play Hugo.

“When they see Hugo in training, they’ll understand quite quickly they’ve got a hell of a player.

“Let’s not be dramatic, he has a guy ahead of him who’s 41 and you must plan his replacement — and this might happen in the next three weeks.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...oris-ready-to-confront-AVB.html#ixzz265w5Migw

It's just common sense. We bought a top rated goalkeeper while our number 1 is 41 years old. Friedel played well in the last game and the manager showed him appropriate respect. Yes he is the incumbent and its his position to lose, but there it won't be anything dramatic needed for the change.

Worst case scenario, Friedel is brilliant, we don't concede a goal until January, Lloris gets tinkled off on the bench. I can live with that.

Wenger's comment:

It's just common sense. We bought a top rated goalkeeper while our number 1 is 41 years old. Friedel played well in the last game and the manager showed him appropriate respect. Yes he is the incumbent and its his position to lose, but there it won't be anything dramatic needed for the change.

Worst case scenario, Friedel is brilliant, we don't concede a goal until January, Lloris gets tinkled off on the bench. I can live with that.

I'd be amazed if Levy spent £12m on a keeper only to allow the manager to leave him on the bench. Friedel has been excellent for us since he joined but I would be amazed if Lloris wasn't the established first choice by the end of next month.

We do have a lot of games coming up over the next three weeks. Both keepers will get chances, but I suspect Lloris will be first choice in the league after the next international break.

Yes it is sad, i will never forget his performance against Anderlecht in the final, he was brilliant.

Inspirational! He 'willed' that equalizer...well, he bulldozed everyone out of the way to get to it LOL...will never forget his superb, Maradona-esque mazy run which led to the winner against QPR in the 82 Final as well...

Indeed. If there are 'tough times' for the club perhaps it isn't the best for a former captain and club legend to put the boot in as well. Show some support, don't say silly things. We are 3 games in, after all.

I'd be amazed if Levy spent £12m on a keeper only to allow the manager to leave him on the bench. Friedel has been excellent for us since he joined but I would be amazed if Lloris wasn't the established first choice by the end of next month.

And yes. Wenger is righ... righ... not wrong. It is also not smart to drop a new keeper in at the deep end. Signs, international break, hasn't trained much (if at all) and then plays with a new defence in a new league in a new country. That wouldn't be clever.

We all know deep down that AVB is going to be either a genius or an idiot, what can we do except enjoy the ride, whatever we should back him.

We all know deep down that AVB is going to be either a genius or an idiot, what can we do except enjoy the ride, whatever we should back him.[/QUOTE]

We should, unfortunately there seems to be a few who hold the sacking of Redknapp against him, especially a lot of the media.

Back