• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Roberts

I don't see what the issue is? Had a scan of it and there seems to be a fair bit of truth in what he's saying.

Just another of Harry's mates, legend as a player, but if he knew tat much about football wouldn't he be more than a rent-a-quote?? This sums up the whole article.....“I’ve spoken to friends who go to matches home and away and they’re not happy". So he's not even seen the games or has inside info, just based on his opinion if Villas Boas from his days at Chelsea and interviews of the tele. Brilliant, h, and it's from the Daily Star!

Just another of Harry's mates, legend as a player, but if he knew tat much about football wouldn't he be more than a rent-a-quote?? This sums up the whole article.....“I’ve spoken to friends who go to matches home and away and they’re not happy". So he's not even seen the games or has inside info, just based on his opinion if Villas Boas from his days at Chelsea and interviews of the tele. Brilliant, h, and it's from the Daily Star!

Why do you say that he is one of Harry's mates? IIRC Roberts and Levy fell out but that was long before Harry rode into town.

Why do you say that he is one of Harry's mates? IIRC Roberts and Levy fell out but that was long before Harry rode into town.

Didn't mean he is actually one of his mates, just another pundit writing off Villas Boas because Harry is more popular. Our form from January onwards seems to have been wiped from history, any other manager went on a run like we had and he'd have been slaughtered. I don't think Villas Boas is getting a fair crack at this job, and it's people that supposedly love the club that are doing him down, ultimately hurting the football club.

he was also critical of Redknapp

Roberts is just trying to earn a bit of cash

It's a pointless article, unless trying to do damage at White Hart Lane is actually the aim. AVBs public face is alright, and it's quite possible that he is a little different behind closed doors anyway. Far too early to be casting judgements on new transfers given fitness and settling in.

A shame, because I think Roberts is actually a Tottenham fan: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-reveals-terrified-Spurs-legend-Roberts.html
Minibus with mates doesn't sound much like a corporate freebie jolly.

Think there was some bad feeling about the hall of fame, not sure if he is in fame. Normally he gets stuck in with a Spurs story but more give the inside track, not putting the knife in. This is him talking about mates in the stands, not players.

Didn't mean he is actually one of his mates, just another pundit writing off Villas Boas because Harry is more popular. Our form from January onwards seems to have been wiped from history, any other manager went on a run like we had and he'd have been slaughtered. I don't think Villas Boas is getting a fair crack at this job, and it's people that supposedly love the club that are doing him down, ultimately hurting the football club.

Agree about there being a segment of the media out for AVB. Its funny as they are the same people who were championing 'Arry for the England job and contributed to the hoopla that affected our form. Then when that form was a contributing factor in 'Arry getting the sack they are outraged. 'Arry not getting the England job and then getting sacked were both things they wanted and AVB (and Levy) has become the target of the resentment. It's ironic that they wanted 'Arry to walk out on us for England but then object when the club sends him on his way. Even journalists like Samuels, who is usually good at getting to the nub of an issue, can't see beyond 'Arry's role in the story and them being so wrong about the England job.

I don't have so much problem with Roberts. He is a Spurs fans and I think he wants what's best for the club. He's paid to give an opinion and its better if he gives it as he sees it. I don't expect the objectivity I'd expect of a professional journalist. Also, he always gave his all for us on the pitch so i'm more forgiving.

AVB has yet to select a Tottenham Team from all our available players, so any talk of what he can or can't do this season is way too premature.

Sure, he has a different management style to Harry and comes across very differently when interviewed.

But our greatest-ever manager, Bill Nicholson, never gave interviews anyway.

There is only negativity surrounding the club.. this is fact(as Benitez would say).! What can be more positive than getting 4th spot in a very competitive league? AVB will be judged by his predecessor, like Ramos was to Jol. AVB will have a torrid time due to the success of Harry. This is fact!

People need to realize that an upgrade on 4th will be nigh on impossible to achieve and only then will AVB be viewed in a more positive light by ex players, media and fans.

I have no issue with AVB being compared to Harry and 'judged'

I have massive issue with that being done after 3 games (and even before)

At this time he needs an environment to thrive, he needs support. Then once he actually has the team in his shape we can judge.

Loved the guy as a player, but he is full of brick now and just another muppet who talks brick ( usally on Talkbrick)

So Sigurdsson was a panic buy ... in July? And bringing on a midfielder for a striker that touches the ball about 10 times per game is conceding possession? Alright then.

AVB has yet to select a Tottenham Team from all our available players, so any talk of what he can or can't do this season is way too premature.

Sure, he has a different management style to Harry and comes across very differently when interviewed.

But our greatest-ever manager, Bill Nicholson, never gave interviews anyway.

I hate that saying, hasnt been able to pick his side due to injury's or suspensions. In a full weekend fixture list I bet only one or two teams (and I reckon they would be the likes of Wigan, Reading) could put out their strongest 11. No manager gets to pick their strongest 11 for a whole season, its such a cop out of an excuse!!

That article is also flimflam, if AVB does come across a little flat but I imagine the Freund was brought in as a FAN to get the boys going!!!

I also think Freund will be our next manager!!

Back