• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Graham Roberts on the radio

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Anyone hear him on talksport yesterday? Full time WUM Adrian Durham tried his absolute best to get a rise out of our fans saying how the Europa League is the losers cup, Roberts then rang up and put him in his place. Said Arsenal would have gone mental if they had won the league cup this year so why shouldn't Spurs celebrate winning the EL? He also said football is about winning trophies.

Roberts remained calm and Durham tried desperately to get another rise out of him by asking about Bale's dive, Roberts didn't bite.

Who cares its talkbrick. Who actually listens to this? Was Roberts stuck in a cab at the time he couldn't get out of?

Who cares its talkbrick. Who actually listens to this? Was Roberts stuck in a cab at the time he couldn't get out of?

Are you a WUM? So far every comment of yours i've read is either being an abrupt prat or negative about our players.

Anyway, Durham is the biggest clown shoe going in the media at the moment, he's overtaken Jiggins (Who has just recently been more positive..)

What's Durham been saying about AVB lately? Has he acknowledged he was wrong at all? Because he was so hilariously anti AVB and anti Levy when he was appointed that it would have always made it extremely hard for him if AVB was successful. I just haven't listened in a while!

Durham is a knob of the highest order. You name it - he will think of a way to slate Spurs everyday during the show. He slates Arsenal too but he appears to REALY hate us for some reason.

He constantly contradicts himself. Had to laugh at him slating Wayne Rooney this week. For years people have been ringing the show saying he's not all that and Durham would shoot them down always kissing Rooneys arse. Knobhead !

What's Durham been saying about AVB lately? Has he acknowledged he was wrong at all? Because he was so hilariously anti AVB and anti Levy when he was appointed that it would have always made it extremely hard for him if AVB was successful. I just haven't listened in a while!

He's said the season isn't over yet. Basically he's been saying were a one man team and Bale is the only reason were 3rd. If we get 3rd he'll say it's no achievement, if we get 4th he'll say we'll Harry got 4th last year, and 5th will be a complete failure I guess. Oh and he said if AVB is such a brilliant manager we would be closer to Man United.

He's said the season isn't over yet. Basically he's been saying were a one man team and Bale is the only reason were 3rd. If we get 3rd he'll say it's no achievement, if we get 4th he'll say we'll Harry got 4th last year, and 5th will be a complete failure I guess. Oh and he said if AVB is such a brilliant manager we would be closer to Man United.

Haven't listened to him for a while on TS and not a fan but he no doubt tries to be as confrontational to generate interest when discussing certain issues/teams/players/managers - probably part of the job spec to be fair.

Hopefully AVB and the fans get to throw it all back at the media and people like him come the end of the season who were saying we would take a backwards step without even giving us a chance.

Durham is a knob of the highest order. You name it - he will think of a way to slate Spurs everyday during the show. He slates Arsenal too but he appears to REALY hate us for some reason.

He constantly contradicts himself. Had to laugh at him slating Wayne Rooney this week. For years people have been ringing the show saying he's not all that and Durham would shoot them down always kissing Rooneys arse. Knobhead !

There's a reason he always slates us and Arsenal. We have big fanbases. No point having a pop at Wigan every day, no one would phone up.

He also loves Emirates Marketing Project because he's aware everyone else hates them. He likes taking the controversial view.

He is a professional WUM, he is paid to get people angry and riled. This generates calls and interest for his radio show and keeps his employers happy. He clearly doesn't mean alot of what he says. I just don't listen to him anymore. The only show I enjoy on Talkbrick is Hawksby and Jacobs which is generally excellent. And I don't mind a bit of Danny Kelly.

His show could actually be called TalkSpurs because its seems everytime I turn it on he is talking about us. I mean are we the only team in football.
I know why he does it, as Jurgen rightly says, we have a big fanbase and that way its easier for him to get callers if he is controversial about us.

Caught the Graham Roberts clip on Friday, was hoping he would have a Jamie Carragher moment and offer him out when he started having a pop.

He's always slagging Lennon off, if only everyone else had the same reaction as me(whch was to turn it off and never listen to it again) then he wouldn't have a job.

He's always slagging Lennon off, if only everyone else had the same reaction as me(whch was to turn it off and never listen to it again) then he wouldn't have a job.

I must admit I do turn him off, and then after about a week and listen again, dont know why, because I know he will still be the same d#ck he was 7 days earlier...and the process repeats

It's all about getting a reaction. I'm pleased to think that Spurs success is enough of a hot-button issue that he needs to resort to using it to generate calls.

As Oscar Wilde famously noted: The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about.

I like H & J but as soon as it's 4pm talksh*te can do one, durham's remit is so transparent and he aint gonna waste a minute of my life.

Back