• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gotze???

Do Bayern play inverted wingers tho?

Again, I haven't watched them outside of their CL games, so I wouldn't be able to say with full confidence. However, they did spend a long time with Ribery and Robben on the flanks - Robben in particular has only one signature move, and that's to cut inside and shoot when he gets the ball. Ribery's more of a playmaker, but he also does that a lot. From that perspective, I suspect that they did play inverted wingers in Gotze's early years, or at least inside forwards - however, this last season has seen Douglas Costa operate as very much an orthodox winger stretching defenses, with Ribery doing something similar on the other flank.

I guess Gotze's problem is that he isn't all that pacy anymore, at least to the extent that he was prior to the series of injuries he suffered over 2013-2014 and 2014-2015. When coupled with Muller and Lewandowski's permanent partnership in the middle and Pep's less frenetic style of play (when compared to Klopp's, that is), I suspect that impediment leads to him struggling to influence the game from out wide. All speculation, of course, since I haven't seen more of Bayern beyond their CL performances over the last few years.

Surely the wages will be a problem here. If we pulled this one out of the hat it would be immense...Im sure we have enquired but I wonder how serious the ol transfer committee is about this?

Gotze would be a fantastic signing in my opinion. He can play as a forward if we get desperate and he can also comfortably play as any of the three behind the striker. He was apart of a Klopp team who focused on the pressing game so he should fit into our style of play and he is still you g and relatively cheap. If he flops we could probably get 75% of the money back next summer.

Lamela Alli Eriksen
Son Gotze Pritchard

Seems like a great 6 to rotate aswell as

Dier Dembele
Wanyama Bentaleb​

And

Kane
Jaansen​

Surely the wages will be a problem here. If we pulled this one out of the hat it would be immense...Im sure we have enquired but I wonder how serious the ol transfer committee is about this?

I don't think he is on as much as people think and i would imagine he would expect a pay cut if he signs for a team outside of the Elite.

used to think goetze might become a superstar. but its not too late for him. i think the youth in our squad and management might suit him better, he might find a change of scenery useful.

Mario Gotze’s father met with Tottenham twice during Euro 2016 [Bild]
Dortmund or Tottenham for Mario Gotze?
On Saturday, Bild dropped the bombshell that Mario Gotze will in fact be leaving Bayern Munich this summer.

Gotze had been heavily linked with re-uniting with Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool earlier this summer, but then signalled his intent to see out the final year of his contract at Bayern Munich.

On Saturday, leading German newspaper Bild gave their chances of Gotze joining Tottenham, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool or even Arsenal.

Spurs met with Gotze’s father
On Sunday, Bild confirm that Gotze has two clubs to decide between: his former side Borussia Dortmund or Tottenham.

Jürgen Gotze, Mario’s father, met with representatives from Tottenham at least twice during Euro 2016 and a decision from the player is due very soon.

The lure of regular playing time and Champions League football at White Hart Lane is a big draw for Gotze, who left Dortmund under a cloud, when Bayern Munich activated his release clause.

“The most important decision of his career”
Bild describe Gotze’s upcoming decision as “the most important of his career.”

They also explain that Gotze’s announcement that he would stay at Bayern this coming season was a tactical decision to ensure all transfer gossip came to a stop during Euro 2016.

Meanwhile, Borussia Dortmund have not given up hope of signing Gotze but have an alternative in Andre Schurrle of Wolfsburg, if they don’t re-sign their former star.

Reading between the lines in Bild, it looks like Tottenham are in pole position to sign Gotze, with no mention of Liverpool or Arsenal.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/mario-gotzes-father-met-tottenham-twice-euro-2016-bild/

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/em-2016/goetzes-naechster-schuss-muss-sitzen-46724640.bild.html

Would be good to know what the trustworthy itk have to say about this

Just had a little trip over to SC.
Trix has posted this in the last hour :
Right. Just spoke to my mate and he says there may be something in this. Says when he asked about it(jokingly) it was received with a deadpan expression, and the conversation was quickly moved on. He tried to bring it up again later and was told... "At the money we'd be willing to go to, there would be an awful lot of teams interested."
Certainly don't get your hopes up because there may well be nothing in it, but when my mate asked the question there was no definitive no. Usually there is when we have no interest at all.

Well transfermarkt.co.uk lists our likelihood to sign him as a '?' if that helps....

We surely Could do £20m plus a £3m signing on fee.

Judging by that second Bild article could actually be a bit more feasible than I originally thought. Are they actually reliable paper over there, or German equivalent of The Sun?

I know i Shouldn't but i can already see him in that glorious gold kit of ours :) I Wouldn't return to Dortmund if I was him...course we might just be used as bait by Bayern to up the price and to get a bidding war going. Agree with above posts...having him and Eriksen in the squad would be bliss.

You take a chance with a player of his ability of possible.

My cynical take on it is that we made an enquiry and they leaked it to the press to drum up interest after levy proposed the payment breakdown

Back