• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

Where is this money then? If that was true we'd have considerable cash reserves, which we don't. Our wage bill is far from modest and if we're breaking even that means we're running things exactly as they should be.

He doesn't take money out, he just stops it from being spent. A business with a £150m turnover and modest wage bill can't afford to do anything other than break even. What a joke. Instead of spending £75m on his yacht, he could've invested that money into the team and earnt it back again within a couple of years.

So your issue is that he doesn't bankroll us using his own money like Emirates Marketing Project?
So instead of running his business Tottenham like a business you want to see him use it like a play thing and trophy.

The 11th richest football club in the world cannot afford to buy players without selling first. Ok.

Lewis out.

The 11th richest football club in the world cannot afford to buy players without selling first. Ok.

Lewis out.

Oh bore off.
Over the last 8 years our net spend on transfers is around 83m.
Over the last 8 years Manchester United's net spend on transfers is around 88m.

PL-decade-spending.jpg

Most of that was before Lewis lost over a billion quid in his investment company. He took his ball and went home after that.

Wow, read a few pages of ths thread, and I thought I was a massive pessimist.

For a minute, reading some of the posts, I thought it must be May 12th and we were 5pts behind Arsenal with one game left.
It is still in our hands, and while it is, its still on.

Okay, it may well be out of our hands tomorrow night, but if it is, whats to say after next Sunday night its reverted back to us again. Still too many twists and turns left in this campaign.

I'm still not giving up the fight yet, and I still wont if we fail to win tomorrow. Failure to beat City and Wigan, and I might concede.

COYS Keep the faith

I'm going to print that graph out and burn it. Who on Earth made that? An 8 year old Arsenal fan?

Most of that was before Lewis lost over a billion quid in his investment company. He took his ball and went home after that.

Did he stop putting money into the club then? No because he never did
Did he start taking money out of the club then? No

So what did he do?

What actually happened was Redknapp came in and changed our transfer and wage policy.
Our wages have gone from 50m pre redknapp to 90m post redknapp.
We have pretty much the same income.

The money we used to spend on transfer fees now goes into wages.
We bought bought a load of bargain cheap players on big wages like Gallas, Friedel, Cudicini, Parker, Pienarr and Adebayor.

Did he stop putting money into the club then? No because he never did
Did he start taking money out of the club then? No

So what did he do?

What actually happened was Redknapp came in and changed our transfer and wage policy.
Our wages have gone from 50m pre redknapp to 90m post redknapp.
We have pretty much the same income.

The money we used to spend on transfer fees now goes into wages.
We bought bought a load of bargain cheap players on big wages like Gallas, Friedel, Cudicini, Parker, Pienarr and Adebayor.

The wage rise isn't entirely down to Redknapp, though I'm sure is wishlists of players didn't help. We have gradually added better players to our squad and a natural consequence of that is higher wages. I believe this is now reflected in our transfer policy. We don't add players to the squad for the sake of it. We need to get high earners off it first. All those claiming we HAVE to sign this and that kind of player never look beyond the name of the player. We have to be able to afford it as well. We used to be high net spenders, but most of our surplus cash has been eaten up by increased wages, hence why ins and outs have to be seen in conjunction with each other.

He doesn't take money out, he just stops it from being spent. A business with a £150m turnover and modest wage bill can't afford to do anything other than break even. What a joke. Instead of spending £75m on his yacht, he could've invested that money into the team and earnt it back again within a couple of years.

Erm. Thats far better than most football clubs.

The wage rise isn't entirely down to Redknapp, though I'm sure is wishlists of players didn't help. We have gradually added better players to our squad and a natural consequence of that is higher wages. I believe this is now reflected in our transfer policy. We don't add players to the squad for the sake of it. We need to get high earners off it first. All those claiming we HAVE to sign this and that kind of player never look beyond the name of the player. We have to be able to afford it as well. We used to be high net spenders, but most of our surplus cash has been eaten up by increased wages, hence why ins and outs have to be seen in conjunction with each other.

Maybe its not entirely down to Redknapp but high wages and low fees follow the pattern of his previous clubs.

Maybe its not entirely down to Redknapp but high wages and low fees follow the pattern of his previous clubs.

The only way in which Redknapp is to blame is because of the success he brought. You keep trying to blame him, but I don't see why. You can see the wages jumped £30 million in a single year. So look at the transfer activity for that year and see if you then think it's Redknapps fault. Of course you wont. Realistically the additional 4 players can have only added £10 million to the bill. I think most would agree that is fine, as we'd need a bigger squad anyway. Is it Redknapps fault we could shift anyone that year to bring wages down? Keane was the only player he signed that wasn't contributing and he was loaned out anyway.

Where did the other £20 million of increases come from and how can you possibly even suggest they are Redknapps fault? The only explanation can be clauses triggered in current player/staff contracts and renewing of old deals. These have nothing to do with Redknapp and the only way i which he can be in the least bit responsible is due to the fact he took us to a higher level, where the current staff felt they should be paid more or had triggers in their contracts.

This just seems like yet another Redknapp criticism without foundation, that anyone could dismiss with the slightest effort.

im no Redknapp fan but the wage increase can't really be attributed to him tbf

although i do believe if Levy had backed him in every transfer he had wanted (ie Redknapp says he wants player X - Levy get's him in for the wages/fee he commanded regardless of how much) then we'd be in a worse financial state than we currently are. probably one of the major reasons why he is no longer here - his transfer policy was at odds with that of the clubs

The only way in which Redknapp is to blame is because of the success he brought. You keep trying to blame him, but I don't see why. You can see the wages jumped £30 million in a single year. So look at the transfer activity for that year and see if you then think it's Redknapps fault. Of course you wont. Realistically the additional 4 players can have only added £10 million to the bill. I think most would agree that is fine, as we'd need a bigger squad anyway. Is it Redknapps fault we could shift anyone that year to bring wages down? Keane was the only player he signed that wasn't contributing and he was loaned out anyway.

Where did the other £20 million of increases come from and how can you possibly even suggest they are Redknapps fault? The only explanation can be clauses triggered in current player/staff contracts and renewing of old deals. These have nothing to do with Redknapp and the only way i which he can be in the least bit responsible is due to the fact he took us to a higher level, where the current staff felt they should be paid more or had triggers in their contracts.

This just seems like yet another Redknapp criticism without foundation, that anyone could dismiss with the slightest effort.

I didnt even say it was a bad thing.
I'm just explaining why we dont spend at much on transfer fees as we used to.

So are the chairmen who allowed to him to raise the wage bill blameless?

Some of the criticisms of his character are completely valid, but some of them have no foundations at all. I get why people may not like him, but I've never understood why so many HATE him.

Back