• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

googbye top 4

Sorry but he's had long enough to sort some of those problems out. I don't give him credit for trying to get Leandro, we've been trying to get him for so long it's become a running joke.

I mean bidding on the last day of the window for Leandro, did we honestly think that was going to come off? Did we even have anyone from the club in brazil to do a medical or would he have had to fly over to London? Just smacks to me of making it look like we're trying to sign a striker, why not just make the bid a few days earlier?

I actually saw sense in him not giving Redknapp full backing if he didn't see him as the long term option. But everyone thought the new guy would get full backing.

long enough to sort what problems out? :~

last season we had a great team, which he helped build with the managers/Dof of the past X amount of seasons - there were no 'problems' until last summer.

long enough to sort what problems out? :~

last season we had a great team, which he helped build with the managers/Dof of the past X amount of seasons - there were no problems until last summer

Strikers- unless you think ours are good enough

No cover for Lennon or Bale- been a problem for years

Strikers

No cover for Lennon or Bale

again, long enough - i don't understand

last summer we signed Adebayor on a permanent deal, a player who the season previous had been instrumental in our sides attacking play and our top goal scorer. we tried to get in a 3rd, but couldn't get our primary option so brought in Dempsey (17 league goals) as a sort of stop gap.

the season prior we had plenty of attacking options (Defoe & Pav making 3 for one position Saha replacing Pav in Jan)

the striker problem has only been around since Adebayors goal scoring form has been non existent

cover for Lennon and Bale has been required for some time now though i agree. but come on, hardly crime of the century is it

Last edited:
Everyone knows how the transfer policy works. AVB says he wants x, y and z. Levy panders to him a little bit to keep him happy and comes back with cheaper alternatives. Someone on SC spoke to Friedel the other day and he said that it's down to Joe Lewis as he loves money.

again, long enough - i don't understand

last summer we signed Adebayor on a permanent deal, a player who the season previous had been instrumental in our sides attacking play and our top goal scorer. we tried to get in a 3rd, but couldn't get our primary option so brought in Dempsey (17 league goals) as a sort of stop gap.

the season prior we had plenty of attacking options (Defoe & Pav making 3 for one position Saha replacing Pav in Jan)

the striker problem has only been around since Adebayors goal scoring form has been non existent

cover for Lennon and Bale has been required for some time now though i agree. but come on, hardly crime of the century is it

We obviously won't agree, nothing new there :lol:

Everyone knows how the transfer policy works. AVB says he wants x, y and z. Levy panders to him a little bit to keep him happy and comes back with cheaper alternatives. Someone on SC spoke to Friedel the other day and he said that it's down to Joe Lewis as he loves money.

oh well i guess that's that then.

multi billionaire Joe Lewis is so desperate for money that he'd instruct Levy to buy cheap players (with the Clubs money)

do people even think this gonad*s out before they type it :ross:

Last edited:

That doesn't make any sense.

Joe Lewis may love money, but it makes no sense for spurs not to spend money they have. Joe Lewis made an investment, the only way he will make significant profits from that investment is if the club becomes far more successful and he can sell it on to somebody else.

Spurs have spent practically nothing since Joe Lewis' investment company went bust. That's no coincidence. I wish someone would buy the old **** out.

Yawn. Whens the last time Lewis put money into the club or took it out?

Spurs have spent practically nothing since Joe Lewis' investment company went bust. That's no coincidence. I wish someone would buy the old **** out.

So before that Lewis was pumping money into the club every year?
Or he's now taking a payout from the club?

I wouldn't judge him against Redknapp yet. Redknapp had several years to build his side. AVB has had one.

But AVBs entire reputation, the very reason he is managing at this level has absolutely nothing to do with building teams. He came in a made an impact at both the clubs he was at in Portugal. He was very much the head coach there, as he is here. We haven't recruited him to build, but to coach. There is no way we'd hjave bought the players we bought in the summer, if we wanted AVB to "build" as such. We are now completely like most European clubs. The coach is there to coach. They come and go, but the club continues to build regardless.

Also Redknapp did have an instant impact and did takeover a team bottom of the league. You can't compare where he started from to where AVB started. If AVB was to have a similar impact, we'd challenge for the league title this season. But, as I said before, we should forget the Redknapp comparisons. AVB should be judged on the job he's done. Lets' say for arguments sake, he isn't as good as Redknapp, then it sill doesn't mean he isn't an asset or hasn't done a good job. If we sacked AVB there is little chance we'd improve on him. The coach can only have so much of an impact. They key to our success is building a better squad and general infrastructure and the coach, be it AVB or Glenn Roeder, wont be a massive influence in that. I genuinely don't think AVB pin pointed a single signing in the summer and I expect the same to be true this year as well.

For example, he'll be looking for more creativity in midfield and we all know his choice will be Moutinho. That will put Moutinho on our list of targets, but I'm sure he'll be behind the likes of Erikson in terms of the clubs priority. Coaching staff just change far too quickly to invest too much in any vision they might have. Lets be honest, if you fail it's easy to get sacked by Levy and if you succeed it's easy for Madrid, Barca or whoever else to poach.

I am getting the impression certain posters on here were critical of last season and now the same is happening this year they have to spin facts to ensure they can be less critical this year because they like the man in charge?

Where in Holland are you from? Very interested to know mate...how long have you been there? Are you living in the UK? Who's your favorite Dutch team?

He doesn't take money out, he just stops it from being spent. A business with a £150m turnover and modest wage bill can't afford to do anything other than break even. What a joke. Instead of spending £75m on his yacht, he could've invested that money into the team and earnt it back again within a couple of years.

He doesn't take money out, he just stops it from being spent. A business with a £150m turnover and modest wage bill can't afford to do anything other than break even. What a joke. Instead of spending £75m on his yacht, he could've invested that money into the team and earnt it back again within a couple of years.

the club spends it's own money and hasn't ever relied on hand outs from the owner - the owner doesn't take money out of the club (judging by previous posts from others) so how is he stopping us from spending money?

Back