• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

I love the Masters but never bought into the whole narrative that it was overly hard as they make out, always low scores out there and TBF the threat of -20 was on till the rain came and th3 long dogs were demolishing the course. Glad the weather's come as a leveller TBH

The weather is a lot better for today, not sure I can see Koepka losing his 4 shot lead, unless Rahm can play out of his skin

Well pleased for Rahm, very likable bloke. Was pretty straight forward really, only Mickelson posting a clubhouse -8 put any sort of pressure on him.

What a joke that last round was. Nearly 5 hours in a pair. Cantlay in group ahead is a clown. He’s so slow. There’s a video of Hovland playing on Greenside while he’s still trundling down the fairway.

Rahm done well to keep his cool. Nothing worse than players faffing about in front.

Bennet for an Amateur looked a good player but again the time it takes him once he’s stood over the ball is frustrating.

Golf needs to get a grip of this stuff.

So pleased for Rahm, the big thing for him the last 2 years is how he controls his temperament on the course and his patience, he plays and acts like the Number 1 in the world

Agree with what you say about the pace of play, Cantlay is one of the very worst for it and should have been put on the clock

What a joke that last round was. Nearly 5 hours in a pair. Cantlay in group ahead is a clown. He’s so slow. There’s a video of Hovland playing on Greenside while he’s still trundling down the fairway.

Rahm done well to keep his cool. Nothing worse than players faffing about in front.

Bennet for an Amateur looked a good player but again the time it takes him once he’s stood over the ball is frustrating.

Golf needs to get a grip of this stuff.

That, and the fact it’s on Sky now, are killing the game for a large part of the viewing public. Masters Sunday was required viewing for decades for me, and everyone I met the next day would be talking about it. Didn’t even bother watching it last night, and none of my pals mentioned it in our group chats over the weekend.

That, and the fact it’s on Sky now, are killing the game for a large part of the viewing public. Masters Sunday was required viewing for decades for me, and everyone I met the next day would be talking about it. Didn’t even bother watching it last night, and none of my pals mentioned it in our group chats over the weekend.
I used to enjoy the BBC coverage. They hardly show loads of it on Sky . The pomp and coverage around it all is naff.

I used to enjoy the BBC coverage. They hardly show loads of it on Sky . The pomp and coverage around it all is naff.
It's not Sky's coverage though they have to use the Masters for main coverage
The Masters owns it's own rights, etc they decree no live play before 3pm, etc, it's ridiculous
Look at The Open, Sky has full live coverage from 6am until 9pm for the first 2 days

The Masters owns it's own rights, etc they decree no live play before 3pm, etc, it's ridiculous
Look at The Open, Sky has full live coverage from 6am until 9pm for the first 2 days
The Sky coverage is decent too, I preferred Ken Brown and Co on BBC but Butch, Faldo Beem and Davies are decent too, really great insights.

Nothing wrong with their coverage when they are allowed it. Sky's cricket and golf coverage is class....their football coverage is borderline unwatchable

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

The Sky coverage is decent too, I preferred Ken Brown and Co on BBC but Butch, Faldo Beem and Davies are decent too, really great insights.

Nothing wrong with their coverage when they are allowed it. Sky's cricket and golf coverage is class....their football coverage is borderline unwatchable

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
Agree I like all of the commentators on Sky apart from McGinley, he is more of a Captain Hindsight than Kier Starmer
Faldo's insights were superb especially the last 2 days
Laura Davies is very good and I thought Doughety is a really good anchor

Rings a bell now. The coverage is a joke In terms of what you see of it. Just feels like it’s so up its own arse. Don’t mind a bit of heritage and history but it feels over the top.

Think the Open are a better advert for golf has a nicer blend.

“The Patrons” every time I hear it ,it makes me cringe.

Roll on the rest of the majors. The masters for me signals start of Golf season over here. When courses finally dry out.

Back