• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

I guess it’s more to set his kids up for life and his grandkids? 10m career winnings is great obviously but he’s every right to enjoy some of that now and it’s maybe not multi generational type wealth the Liv’s offering.

I'm not that familiar with him, but he's mid 30s (?) and has probably had a bit of a slog to get to 10m, so the opportunity to sit back and enjoy some family time and earn a shed load of money, good luck i say.
I've no issue with guys like this making the most of the opportunity, some of the others not so much.

Depends what lifestyle he’d like to lead I guess. The 10m is gross obviously, that gets well taxed in the US, he still has to pay expenses, travel, hotel, caddy % of winnings, etc.

If he lives a humble life then absolutely yes. Like I said though he’s every right to enjoy some of his wealth now, cars, houses, etc.

Is it enough, of course it is, but when it could so easily be more then what is enough? Let’s also not kid ourselves about how we’d all react in these situations. I don’t know what I’d do, but I certainly wouldn’t assume it’s an easy decision with the numbers being thrown around.

Its different to ask what someone on 40k a year would do though if offered 80k as oppose to 10m to 20m where the difference is actually less based on the initial earnings being so large. He would also have hefty sponsorship deals which cover the majority of his expenses and he would also have large dividends from the PGA social media fund that they get paid out from. And importantly he still has 20 years of golf infront of him so that 10m would not be the end of his winnings, GHod forbid the money be paid for performance though and not just turning up.

When you have the money I can't buy the working class hero type explanation TBH

Its different to ask what someone on 40k a year would do though if offered 80k as oppose to 10m to 20m where the difference is actually less based on the initial earnings being so large. He would also have hefty sponsorship deals which cover the majority of his expenses and he would also have large dividends from the PGA social media fund that they get paid out from. And importantly he still has 20 years of golf infront of him so that 10m would not be the end of his winnings, GHod forbid the money be paid for performance though and not just turning up.

When you have the money I can't buy the working class hero type explanation TBH
Everyone’s different I suppose

Had a brilliant afternoon at Toot Hill today
Place was literally empty so ended up playing 29 holes
Was playing with 2 balls doing better ball scoring, had 7 birdies and a foot away from a hole in one too
Best ball striking I've had all year

Had a brilliant afternoon at Toot Hill today
Place was literally empty so ended up playing 29 holes
Was playing with 2 balls doing better ball scoring, had 7 birdies and a foot away from a hole in one too
Best ball striking I've had all year
Decent course Toot Hill, just a shame that the owners ruined what was a half decent members club by making it pretty much pay and play only. Can't help but think there would've been a better middle ground.

Decent course Toot Hill, just a shame that the owners ruined what was a half decent members club by making it pretty much pay and play only. Can't help but think there would've been a better middle ground.
It wasn’t making money is what a couple lf ex members have told me

To be honest apart from weekends its hardly played and the course is still brilliantly looked after so its never hammered

they are building a new cafe bar and an indian restaurant on the site of the old changing rooms etc

It wasn’t making money is what a couple lf ex members have told me

To be honest apart from weekends its hardly played and the course is still brilliantly looked after so its never hammered

they are building a new cafe bar and an indian restaurant on the site of the old changing rooms etc
They had a period where they had a good bunch of members up there and allowed pay and play as well. The new owner then pee'd off all of the members by not setting any time aside for members only (say tee times 09:00 to 11:00 on Saturday or whatever) and/or giving the members an extended booking window so that they could book a few days earlier than green fees. They were absolutely raking it in with green fees as we exited the covid lockdown but less so now and they've lost a reasonable level of guaranteed income from the memberships.

This is a great article on LIV and how its going Golf - BBC Sport

Mixed reviews, sounds like they need alot to happen to survive, TV Deal, the other top golfers, including Woods to join and a deluge of sponsors.

Just brought some of these with my Xmas money

Brilliant reviews across the board, must admit I hadn't heard of Graphene until I started looking at the reviews

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/ping-sensordry-2-5-graphene-waterproof-trouser-review/

https://www.pingeurope.com/sensordry2-5-graphene-trouser-p03491.html

The SensorDry 2.5 Graphene Trouser is a fully waterproof over trouser, engineered with Graphene for thermal conductivity, lightweight waterproof protection and playability in wet weather.

WHAT IS GRAPHENE?

Isolated at The University of Manchester in 2004, Graphene is comprised of a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice and is the lightest, strongest, and most conductive material ever discovered.

HOW CAN IT HELP IN GOLF?

Graphene helps absorb and retain warmth, regulating the body's temperature and aiding comfort during play.

Back