• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glasgow Rangers

Re: O/T - Glasgow Rangers go into adminstration

Another one

The answer is yes, if we share the same land mass, and have been socially, economically and politically entwined for hundreds of fudging years

It's not too difficult is it?

Oooooooooooooooh!

Knickers well and truly in a twist!

Okay, if that's the way you want to play it, what part of "as far as football is concerned, the UK doesn't exist" didn't you understand?

Oooooooooooooooh!

Knickers well and truly in a twist!

Okay, if that's the way you want to play it, what part of "as far as football is concerned, the UK doesn't exist" didn't you understand?

Can you explain Wrexham to me before I answer?

Another one

The answer is yes, if we share the same land mass, and have been socially, economically and politically entwined for hundreds of fudging years

It's not too difficult is it?

Again, Spain and Portugal could make the same argument, as could the Netherlands and Germany, Austria and Germany, France and Belgium, Russia and Ukraine, Sweden and Norway, and a lot of other countries you can think of.

It really isn't too difficult. You start here, you end with the amalgamation of most of the smaller leagues of Europe into a few mega-competitions.

And, ignoring that for a moment, fudge the entire idea of Rangers and Celtic moving. Even if, by some incredible feat, it doesn't mean dozens of clubs across Europe amalgamating, I would rather Wigan fudging Athletic and Reading keep their places in the league than give it away to clubs which have utterly dominated (and subsequently ruined) their national league, before suddenly deciding that they were too big for it and arrogantly demanding that some smaller clubs down south make way for their royal behinds.

Again, Spain and Portugal could make the same argument, as could the Netherlands and Germany, Austria and Germany, France and Belgium, Russia and Ukraine, Sweden and Norway, and a lot of other countries you can think of.

It really isn't too difficult. You start here, you end with the amalgamation of most of the smaller leagues of Europe into a few mega-competitions.

And, ignoring that for a moment, fudge the entire idea of Rangers and Celtic moving. Even if, by some incredible feat, it doesn't mean dozens of clubs across Europe amalgamating, I would rather Wigan fudging Athletic and Reading keep their places in the league than give it away to clubs which have utterly dominated (and subsequently ruined) their national league, before suddenly deciding that they were too big for it and arrogantly demanding that some smaller clubs down south make way for their royal behinds.

Can you explain Wrexham to me too?

:ross:

Given up already.

That was easy

I repeat: what about Wrexham do you want me to explain?

The derivation of its name?

Its demography?

Its economy?

Try to answer the question. There's a good chap. It's the only way I can help you.

Can you explain Wrexham to me too?

Wrexham, who played in the FA Cup in 1883. Wrexham ,who first played in the Combination League(a competition based out of England) in 1890. Wrexham, who were elected to the newly formed Football League in 1921.

Wrexham ,who have played English opposition for almost the entirety of their league history.

Wrexham, who have NOT utterly ruined their own national league through their own dominance before demanding that they be let into the English leagues because they were apparently too big for their own domestic leagues anymore.

Wrexham, who moved to the Combination League again (after playing in the Welsh League for two years) because it was too expensive for them to travel to Wales for games, not because they wanted to make more money from the English leagues.

And Wrexham, who played in the Birmingham and District League in between their time in the combination and the Football League.

Wrexham have been out of English football (i.e in another national league) for a grand total of two years.

Rangers have been out for over a century.

Any clearer than that, I cannot fudging get.

I repeat: what about Wrexham do you want me to explain?

The derivation of its name?

Its demography?

Its economy?

Try to answer the question. There's a good chap. It's the only way I can help you.

Explain how Wrexham can be a member of the football league for over 80 years

But Rangers should not be allowed in?

I don't understand the difference

Neither club is situated in England

The entire premise of your argument is based on an idea that the UK does not exist within football

The fact that Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff are not English teams (but are part of the UK), completely destroys your argument, does it not?

Wrexham, who played in the FA Cup in 1883. Wrexham ,who first played in the Combination League(a competition based out of England) in 1890. Wrexham, who were elected to the newly formed Football League in 1921.

Wrexham ,who have played English opposition for almost the entirety of their league history.

Wrexham, who have NOT utterly ruined their own national league through their own dominance before demanding that they be let into the English leagues because they were apparently too big for their own domestic leagues anymore.

Wrexham, who moved to the Combination League again (after playing in the Welsh League for two years) because it was too expensive for them to travel to Wales for games, not because they wanted to make more money from the English leagues.

And Wrexham, who played in the Birmingham and District League in between their time in the combination and the Football League.

Wrexham have been out of English football (i.e in another national league) for a grand total of two years.

Rangers have been out for over a century.

Any clearer than that, I cannot fudging get.

But can you explain Wrexham to him?

He really wants it to be explained.

He is obsessed about the Wrexham Explanation.

Is Wrexham unexplainable?

It's like going down to your local golf club, and ranting about some woman trying to join the club

WE DO NOT ALLOW WOMEN!!!!!!!!!

And then somebody points out to you that 3 women have been successfully playing golf there for 80 years

Some of them have won major honours, and have their picture up on the walls

AND YOU'RE STILL RANTING....NO WOMEN

Explain how Wrexham can be a member of the football league for over 80 years

But Rangers should not be allowed in?

I don't understand the difference

Neither club is situated in England

The entire premise of your argument is based on an idea that the UK does not exist within football

The fact that Wrexham, Swansea and Cardiff are not English teams (but are part of the UK), completely destroys your argument, does it not?

You've kind of answered your own question.

But DubaiSpur answered it even better for you. Read his post and digest.

And yes, England and Wales are part of the UK. That doesn't make them the UK. As far as football is concerned, the UK doesn't exist.

As the Scots made abundantly clear when they angrily refused to contribute any players to Team GB - even though it was a one off occasion as a consequence of the Games being held in London.

It's like going down to your local golf club, and ranting about some woman trying to join the club

WE DO NOT ALLOW WOMEN!!!!!!!!!

And then somebody points out to you that 3 women have been successfully playing golf there for 80 years

Some of them have won major honours, and have their picture up on the walls

AND YOU'RE STILL RANTING....NO WOMEN

You're not very good at this analogy lark. Stick to getting angry instead. There's a good lad.

Ok. Last question. I've taken on board all of your arguments.

If a brand new club appeared in Scotland, and asked to join the English league straight away, or maybe even after a few decades (like Wrexham) would that be acceptable?

i.e. Just not Rangers because of their history

Ok. Last question. I've taken on board all of your arguments.

If a brand new club appeared in Scotland, and asked to join the English league straight away, or maybe even after a few decades (like Wrexham) would that be acceptable?

i.e. Just not Rangers because of their history

Brand, spanking new? Not just Rangers or Celtic in another guise (i.e. Newco)?

I don't see why not, provided that they did it the same way that every other club had to do it - from the very bottom of the pyramid.

Brand, spanking new? Not just Rangers or Celtic in another guise (i.e. Newco)?

I don't see why not, provided that they did it the same way that every other club had to do it - from the very bottom of the pyramid.

Fair enough then

You win (via Dubai) :(

I'm sorry if I seemed aggressive or confrontational, btw. This issue just angers me beyond belief. If Rangers sold Ibrox, relinquished their entire Scottish history, released their players, waited a few years to partially negate the effects of their old fans returning to see them, and then applied to the very bottom of the English league system as a club representing Glasgow (just not named Rangers), then I would be far more willing to let them in, because they'd have done it the way every other team in the English league system (by and large, ignoring the likes of MK Dons) has done it. In that regard, I agree with jimmyb.

But expecting some smaller English team to roll over and die because mighty Rangers decided that the league that provided them with their history, fanbase, and commercial standing was suddenly too small for them is a truly infuriating thought.

Last edited:

But expecting some smaller English team to roll over and die because mighty Rangers decided that the league that provided them with their history, fanbase, and commercial standing was suddenly too small for them is a truly infuriating thought.

This - in addition to what is in Spurs' best interests - is the argument in a nutshell for me.

And southstand - respect. Big of you to back down. It's a rare quality on the internet. I'm certainly no good at it!

I was going to type an answer as to why Rangers/Celtic enterring the EPL wouldn't mean Porto/Ajax etc wouldn't follow suit, but you did it yourself in the last paragraph.

So Rangers and Celtic "ruined" the SPL by being too successful? Too popular?? How exactly did they ruin it (because it is ruined compared to the previous success and status it enjoyed).

It's the reason why Swansea is in the EPL. Why Wellington is in the A League. Why Monaco is in the French League. Why Montreal is in the MLS.

Their home country cannot sustain a league big enough for their team. Rangers and Celtic outgrew their leagues decades ago.

Some may say Rangers caused their own downfall. Others may say it was just them trying to keep up with a Europe growing richer in a league growing poorer. If 2 big fish keep growing in a shrinking pond, sooner or later it will run out of oxygen.

Back