• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I just don’t see it. Barely ever seen Lo Celso assist a goal, score a goal or make a key pass in the premier league. Would be very high up on my sell list for January (though o doubt we’d be able to find a buyer)
I've always had high hopes for him and he has disappointed but just in terms of attributes and play style he's a closer for to Maddison than whatever the hell we tried against Wolves was. I know that wasn't Hojberg the left CM per se but whatever it was that we tried completely failed. The only part of the match that we looked semi decent for me was once GLC and Gil came on. Albeit we still conceded and lost the match but we really should at various throughout the match anyway.

I thinking changing one component of the system but leaving the general principles the same and having player attributes that match more closely to the gold standard (which I believe GLC does) is a better option than Hojberg who frankly is 2nd or 3rd choice in every midfield role.

I thinking changing one component of the system but leaving the general principles the same and having player attributes that match more closely to the gold standard (which I believe GLC does) is a better option than Hojberg who frankly is 2nd or 3rd choice in every midfield role.
Absolutely this for me

Yeh its a fall off from Madders but we pay this bloke who plays still for the WC winners, thats not to say its the same standard but I would rather us as a team stick to the principles of the style than play 3 DMs because we don't fancy Gio. The Wolves game showed what happened when we forwent the system for more "stability" in the middle, we were less solid and alot less toothless.

At the end of the day I think GIO goes in Jan for a replacement, but we may as well use him whilst he is here for the reasons I mentioned. IMO of course

It's a real dilemma for manager, he sees him train and what he can do and choses not to use him, is it because he doesnt have the ability or commitment? He looks a better attacking option than any other squad player available but will he put the effort in the manager wants? Apparently Barca may want him in January to cover an injury, if he did get game time for us would he be playing with in himself to avoid further injuries and jeapodise the rumoured move?

I hope he gets a chance, think he has the qualities to make a proper impact. We struggled to create anything against Wolves until subs were made.. Think a midfield trio of Hojbjerg, Bentancur and Gio could do well.

Maybe harsh on Sarr, but he seemed to struggle in the Maddison role. Possibly leave Sarr in at the expense of Pierre and drop Bentancur deeper.

I hope he gets a chance, think he has the qualities to make a proper impact. We struggled to create anything against Wolves until subs were made.. Think a midfield trio of Hojbjerg, Bentancur and Gio could do well.

Maybe harsh on Sarr, but he seemed to struggle in the Maddison role. Possibly leave Sarr in at the expense of Pierre and drop Bentancur deeper.
Or just play Sarr where he plays best and have Bentancur playing the Biss role with Lo Celso playing this more natural role in the Maddison spot.

Or just play Sarr where he plays best and have Bentancur playing the Biss role with Lo Celso playing this more natural role in the Maddison spot.

Yeah which is pretty much where I got to in the end, I think. o_O

Great strike and some excellent moments.

It's interesting though as a lot of people were chewing out PEH for the second goal and from what I saw it was Lo Celso doing his best mannequin impression as he got passed around, lost his runner and made a lazy effort to block the pass and the damage was done.

Hopefully we'll have Sarr back alongside Bissouma and we can possibly see GLC given a run where Maddison plays as I don't think many would want him as close to our box, he does work hard but like PEH he doesn't always sniff out where the danger is..

Looks worse with left footers imo
Absolutely, it's barely mentioned when it comes to right footed players. There's a bias (most likely subconscious) as it's always leveled at the minority.

Interestingly with Davies, GLC, Gill and Kulu almost half our outfield was left footed, might be some kind of record especially if we through in VDV and Hugo, pfft people say we have nothing to play for but the trophy for most left sided players is near enough in our grasp already....

Absolutely, it's barely mentioned when it comes to right footed players. There's a bias (most likely subconscious) as it's always leveled at the minority.

Interestingly with Davies, GLC, Gill and Kulu almost half our outfield was left footed, might be some kind of record especially if we through in VDV and Hugo, pfft people say we have nothing to play for but the trophy for most left sided players is near enough in our grasp already....
It made us looked better balanced and was part of the reason the football was so much better than wolves IMO

Watching glc today, first time I noticed how one footed he is.
It’s horrible to watch…. I thought today was one of Lo Celso’s best PL games for us but still there were numerous moments where he didn’t attempt passes to players in good positions because it would’ve been a right foot pass, also got into trouble a few times due to having only one foot.

Was a positive overall though in a patched up Spurs team.

Back