• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I've only seen Donley on Spursplay but have seen him over a dozen times, he looks the perfect no10 to me, great vision, works all over pitch, got an eye for a goal and good body strength (but that's against boys), his only weakness is no real pace, he does pass quickly when he beats his man.

The game last night was against adults. Not u21s. Lower league and didn't look like first team. But still adults.

The game last night was against adults. Not u21s. Lower league and didn't look like first team. But still adults.

Yes it was a lot more physical than they usually play against, once they came to terms with it their ability allowed them to control game. There was a lot more high balls into the box from Colchester which did worry them at times but it was good experience for them. The last couple of seasons our teams have all struggled in this competition.

Yes it was a lot more physical than they usually play against, once they came to terms with it their ability allowed them to control game. There was a lot more high balls into the box from Colchester which did worry them at times but it was good experience for them. The last couple of seasons our teams have all struggled in this competition.

Have one of the PL u21 sides ever won this tournament? I only remember us playing in it a couple of times and always going out early on

No and none have ever made it to a final, I imagine the league clubs see it worth win if they get to semi finals and probably put their first out.

I'd love it if league 2 was split into north and south. Have prem u21s play in it. Playoffs to get in the championship. U21s can't get into them.

Not sure how it would work eith promotion relegation from the prem though.

GHod no. The Premier League needs to help the pyramid, not the other way around.

Why would that not help the pyramid? Pretty sure a lot of spurs fans watched the colchester game last night and the highlights on youtube. More viewers, more money for league 2 clubs = helping.

Why would that not help the pyramid? Pretty sure a lot of spurs fans watched the colchester game last night and the highlights on youtube. More viewers, more money for league 2 clubs = helping.

It would make it my favourite buttplug. A competition for Premier League teams to use as glorified friendlies for their younger players.

It would make it my favourite buttplug. A competition for Premier League teams to use as glorified friendlies for their younger players.

Other countries do it. Spain notably. Which gives their youngsters an advatage in development as they get proper competitive games. So it would help the national team, the prem and the football league.

Which 26 towns do you want to rob of their professional community clubs? Colchester, Southend, Leyton Orient, Gillingham etc?

I think its the future TBH, the U21/23s or whatever it is seems a real expensive waste. Stick those sides in the pro leagues and let them thrash it out, better development, better window for them, increase pace of development and also likely keep those players in the game even if its moving onto other clubs. I reckon it would stop the guys falling out the game after the last youth stage because of a lack of exposure or experience in the pro game

I think its the future TBH, the U21/23s or whatever it is seems a real expensive waste. Stick those sides in the pro leagues and let them thrash it out, better development, better window for them, increase pace of development and also likely keep those players in the game even if its moving onto other clubs. I reckon it would stop the guys falling out the game after the last youth stage because of a lack of exposure or experience in the pro game

Exactly. League 1 and the championship can also look at loaning the players that do well. League 2 can scoop up the ones that don't make it knowing if they are suitable or not for that level of play or if they could be in the future.

Exactly. League 1 and the championship can also look at loaning the players that do well. League 2 can scoop up the ones that don't make it knowing if they are suitable or not for that level of play or if they could be in the future.

And also scoop them up knowing they are not PL level but can handle LG1 and LG2 because they have played the level for 2/3 years. I think the youth set up as is can be refreshed. Too much of a dead end as is IMO

And also scoop them up knowing they are not PL level but can handle LG1 and LG2 because they have played the level for 2/3 years. I think the youth set up as is can be refreshed. Too much of a dead end as is IMO

Yep each u21 squad has 25 players (not including those loaned out). That is a huge number of players each year released.

Some of them maybe late developers. Or just not really had a chance to show anyone what they can do. They get released and have to scratch around. At least clubs can say to them. Look you probably won't make it at spurs/palace/everton etc... but you'll have a place here if you are released.

Yep each u21 squad has 25 players (not including those loaned out). That is a huge number of players each year released.

Some of them maybe late developers. Or just not really had a chance to show anyone what they can do. They get released and have to scratch around. At least clubs can say to them. Look you probably won't make it at spurs/palace/everton etc... but you'll have a place here if you are released.

Also imagine the added commercial. Spurs B playing in a bonefide league would get a chunky crowd home and away

Also imagine the added commercial. Spurs B playing in a bonefide league would get a chunky crowd home and away

Tv worldwide aswell even if just streaming.

Was reading the port vale fans forum the other day to see how devine got on. They had 15 seconds of coverage on itv for their game (according to their fans). Sponsors must love that.

Edit - It might have been Ipswich. Can't remember.

Back