• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gift Orban

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying Nigeria lies about the age of their players or he's confused about his date of birth? Surely to gain an american green card he had to have some proof?

Nigeria is well known for corruption. It was possible to get an official passport with your dob changed.

Nigeria was banned from youth compititions for fraud in 89.

The problem got so bad they had to give "young" players mris to prove their age.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football

• In late 1999, Anthony Kojo Williams was appointed as head of the Nigeria Football Federation. He lasted less than three months in the job and was dismissed because, in NFF board member Zaria Sani's words "he has failed to carry the other board members along".[11] In the 2010 BBC World service documentary Africa Kicks, Williams stated that the Nigerian Government were "afraid of change". He went on to say, "I don't see Nigerian football getting out of the quagmire, the problem it is in today is because it [corruption] is getting deeper and deeper and deeper. From time to time we get flashes where we do well in some competition with overage players and we celebrate. That was one of the issues I looked at, we can't keep using overage players. We use over-age players for junior championships, I know that. Why not say it? It's the truth. We always cheat. It's a fact. When you cheat, you deprive the young stars that are supposed to play in these competitions their rights."[12]

Nigeria is well known for corruption. It was possible to get an official passport with your dob changed.

Nigeria was banned from youth compititions for fraud in 89.

The problem got so bad they had to give "young" players mris to prove their age.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_fraud_in_association_football

• In late 1999, Anthony Kojo Williams was appointed as head of the Nigeria Football Federation. He lasted less than three months in the job and was dismissed because, in NFF board member Zaria Sani's words "he has failed to carry the other board members along".[11] In the 2010 BBC World service documentary Africa Kicks, Williams stated that the Nigerian Government were "afraid of change". He went on to say, "I don't see Nigerian football getting out of the quagmire, the problem it is in today is because it [corruption] is getting deeper and deeper and deeper. From time to time we get flashes where we do well in some competition with overage players and we celebrate. That was one of the issues I looked at, we can't keep using overage players. We use over-age players for junior championships, I know that. Why not say it? It's the truth. We always cheat. It's a fact. When you cheat, you deprive the young stars that are supposed to play in these competitions their rights."[12]

Thanks, I was aware of the problem but its something to be ignored.

Thanks, I was aware of the problem but its something to be ignored.

Why should it be ignored? You don't find a solution to a problem by ignoring it.

Not saying this is still going on in nigeria but in other african countries it does. Was reading an article the other month about an african country (can't for the life of me remember which one). They had a new head of football or sports minister who wanted to tackle the problem. Think in one squad they had to kick out 22 of the 25 players for being overage.

Why should it be ignored? You don't find a solution to a problem by ignoring it.

Not saying this is still going on in nigeria but in other african countries it does. Was reading an article the other month about an african country (can't for the life of me remember which one). They had a new head of football or sports minister who wanted to tackle the problem. Think in one squad they had to kick out 22 of the 25 players for being overage.

Because my mate who is Nigerian gets right shirty when its mentioned.

Lol. Then he's an idiot. It blocks youngsters getting experience. Which harms their development. Which will harm the senior team in future years.

To be fair to him it's always bought up when anyone in our group talks about young African players and internet scams, I dont believe any of us are racist neither does he, it a national pride issue.

I am quite confident that Kane is staying this season, but what stops me short of being 100% confident is us being reportedly in contact with Orban. I just dont see us having both in the squad, maybe if had we a European campaign so stretch the squad I could possibly understand

I am quite confident that Kane is staying this season, but what stops me short of being 100% confident is us being reportedly in contact with Orban. I just dont see us having both in the squad, maybe if had we a European campaign so stretch the squad I could possibly understand
If he's as good as everyone says, get him in. Loan Belize out or sell Richi.

So you are saying Nigeria lies about the age of their players or he's confused about his date of birth? Surely to gain an american green card he had to have some proof?

I am saying that back in the day some players lied about their age to the authorities. There are ways of getting the "proof".

Suffice to say I know people who's real age is older than their official age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back