• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GG posters who play or coach

Re: GG posters who play football

I don't play but I manage an U10s team. Got my Youth Module 1 next month which i'm looking forward to and on Tuesday the FA are sending Marianne Spacey (Ex England) to the club to take two 1 hour training sessions to promote the Youth Module 1.

Cool. How are you finding it? Is taking your badges changing the way that you watch the game?

I play 8 a side on Monday nights, fell out of love a but with 11 a side. I play with my mates from school mostly and it's always a good crack, no dingdongheads who take it too seriously for the most part everyone is sound.

Cool. How are you finding it? Is taking your badges changing the way that you watch the game?

Not so much how I watch the game but I have a greater respect now for anyone who does any sort of coaching. The Level 1 I did in November was mainly aimed at how to take training sessions and how to go about preparing them. The Youth Module 1 next month will be aimed around coaching younger players which will be far more useful as my team can be very challenging at times to put it mildly :lol:

I play in a park on Sundays in a US/UK combined team against Russians and Czechs on a pitch with this view

2660898.jpg

Downside is it's around -7 / 8 when we play....Small pitch, roundabout 7 a side. Feels really good to start playing football weekly as I haven't done that for a while. Been playing centre back but as it's a small pitch you end up doing bits of everything.

I play in a park on Sundays in a US/UK combined team against Russians and Czechs on a pitch with this view

2660898.jpg

Downside is it's around -7 / 8 when we play....Small pitch, roundabout 7 a side. Feels really good to start playing football weekly as I haven't done that for a while. Been playing centre back but as it's a small pitch you end up doing bits of everything.

You live in Prague? I spend quite a lot of time in the Czech Rep

5 a side twice a week with mates, mixing teams up depending on availability

Ch play in goal and defensively. Tend to be a pain in the **** for the oppo, lots of pressing and blocking shots, and keeping things ticking over to let's the players that can actually dribble and have skill do their thing

Haven't played since I've been back in the UK, but for the last three years abroad been playing in goal for 11-a-side and generally on the wings for 5/7-a-side.

I love playing in goal. I'm a soft lad but for 90 minutes I can pretend to be a bit of a psycho ;)

Had trials with Barnet and Charlton. Used to play semi professionally but only really play occasionally now as a central midfielder.

What year did you have trials with Barnet? How did you find the club? I lived pretty much 30 seconds away from Underhill!

What year did you have trials with Barnet? How did you find the club? I lived pretty much 30 seconds away from Underhill!

Had my trial round about 2011 mate, it was a nice club. Got some great training wear out of it, just wish it was a few months later, may have met DAVIDSH!

Played a bit of 11 a side (proper) but most of my life I've mainly played 5/6/7 a side.

We won loads of leagues around London and a few tournaments. Now I just play with mates, a game which has been going for over 10 years. Can see everyones fitness levels dropping!

I remember how easy it was to call up people and get a game going. Now we're getting desperate!

I have played in the same league on Saturday mornings for 11 years, based over at Wanstead Flats. Been with my current team for 4 seasons, we are going for our third consecutive title but are currently 4th with a game in hand but 7 points off the top. It's a church based league but a very good standard. We are also currently national church league champions after winning an ambassadors in sport invitational tournament in Loughborough against a number of other teams from around the country.

Started out as a right winger but now play as a Right Back and was offered a chance to sign with Enfield Town in the very early 00's but suffered a knee injury and the offer was withdrawn.

Playing "cageball" once a week with a bunch of Norwegian Spurs fans - good fun on small, caged indoor pitches.

P1070154Large.JPG

That's probably about my level. 8-[

I coached for 7 years, my son's team from 7-14…last two seasons they won their final and were runners-up the final season. They all learned the right way to play! I still play twice a week, it's 9-a-side indoor futsal on a pretty large indoor pitch. At nearly 47 I am one of the 'golden oldies' but I play on the right or left drifting inside when necessary. I'm always barking at people to keep moving/working defenders. It's not a league, just the same core of 24-25 guys who show up. There are some great players and there are some highly average ones who think they're great (i.e. the ones who need their own ball because they don't want to share/pass!)…I enjoy playing more than ever these days, probably because I give less of a **** than I ever did.

I bet that gets the fitness levels up though!

Most definately - we play four against four for 45 minutes, and most of us are absolutely knackered afterwards. Very intensive workout! Although we normally start out playing a fast paced passing game, we end up quite static, desperatly shooting from range because we're too tired to run, pass or even think... :)

Had my trial round about 2011 mate, it was a nice club. Got some great training wear out of it, just wish it was a few months later, may have met DAVIDSH!

Ah, so quite recently. That would have been pretty awesome training around the Pit-bull!

You live in Prague? I spend quite a lot of time in the Czech Rep

Yeah been working out here for 3 months or so. Finding a place to play football weekly has been a definite plus.

Are you normally here for business reasons?

Yeah been working out here for 3 months or so. Finding a place to play football weekly has been a definite plus.

Are you normally here for business reasons?

My girlfriend is Czech so I am over four or five times a year visiting her family. They are not in Prague but we have friends there and we visit them quite often.

Back