• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

We could potentially be on route to get 1 point from 3 games. Have one striker in the team and don't look close to getting anyone.

How has it even come to this

We played nearly all of last season with just 1 forward - getting 5th and a cup final.

And we've got Nigel now.

It's the pointless internationals over the summer that have hurt us through injuries (Mason, Townsend, Pritchard, Lloris) and lack of fitness due to late pre-seasons (Kane, Lamela)

Florian-Thauvin-Charlotte-Pirroni-580x630.png

Florian-Thauvin-Charlotte-Pirroni1-580x560.png

such a shame we missed out on Thauvin :(

We could potentially be on route to get 1 point from 3 games. Have one striker in the team and don't look close to getting anyone.

How has it even come to this

not just the points, but we don't look ready to start the season. particularly tinkled with the late end to the pre season, and transfers done extremely done though we are told we have the full entourage including paul mitchell and baldini.

We played nearly all of last season with just 1 forward - getting 5th and a cup final.

And we've got Nigel now.

It's the pointless internationals over the summer that have hurt us through injuries (Mason, Townsend, Pritchard, Lloris) and lack of fitness due to late pre-seasons (Kane, Lamela)
That's not really true.... Both Soldado and Adebayor had places in the squad and were often on the bench. While both (especially the former) were inadequate for us in terms of performances, at least both are proper centre forwards and would probably lead to the opposition being a little wary of pushing everyone forward. We really shouldn't have been going into the first two games of the season with just one striker at the club.

If the selling club stand their ground though it, would have to go to arbitration and ultimately court (where they have never been tested in UK law). That could take 12-18 months, by which time the buyer's interest will have long passed.

It's only Iberia where they have solid legal status

Where is that banging head against a brick wall smiley we used to have?

What did he say? For some reason I cant get the video going :(

"I am not going to speak about our private business," the Argentinian coach said when asked directly about interest in Berahino.

"It is obvious we need to add some more (players) in our offensive positions. We identify our targets and the chairman (Daniel Levy) is working very hard to bring new players in this position, but I am happy with my squad."

Spurs have already moved to bring in Cameroon forward Clinton N'Jie from Lyon, who could be available for Saturday's visit to Leicester.

"We have (signed) N'Jie this week, an offensive player and I am happy with my squad," Pochettino added.

"We played the last two games at a good level and I am not worried about the future or our situation. Our situation is good."

Pochettino stressed the likes of Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela remained part of his plans, despite the duo being linked with a move to Italian club Juventus.

He said: "We keep the best players for the present and future, and to be a good squad which can in the next few years fight for the top four and then one day win the Premier League."

Spurs have just one point from their opening two matches, following defeat away at Manchester United and then drawing with Stoke last weekend in a match they led 2-0 heading into the final 15 minutes at White Hart Lane.

The Foxes, meanwhile, have recorded successive victories under new boss Claudio Ranieri, to sit second on goal difference.

Pochettino, though, is not one to read much into the fledgling league table.

"Always we talk about 10 games, after 10 games you need to be worried or happy maybe," he said.

First mentioned a couple of weeks ago in the Daily Mail, there's now news that "Steven Lucumi will complete a switch to Tottenham Hotspur within days". Apparently work permit issues mean he will remain at his current club in Colombia until the end of this season (so very much a case of "one for the future"... literally).

According to that article his agent says the deal has already been completed (for £2.1m and will be announced over the next few days). The article goes on to describe him as:

"... predominantly a central midfielder and has scored 11 goals in 50 appearances for the Colombian giants since 2014. Standing at 5ft 10inch, Lucumi is very much a skilful midfielder with great energy and versatility."

More evidence of the "putting together a squad for when the new stadium opens" strategy that I believe we may be implementing.

First mentioned a couple of weeks ago in the Daily Mail, there's now news that "Steven Lucumi will complete a switch to Tottenham Hotspur within days". Apparently work permit issues mean he will remain at his current club in Colombia until the end of this season (so very much a case of "one for the future"... literally).

According to that article his agent says the deal has already been completed (for £2.1m and will be announced over the next few days). The article goes on to describe him as:

"... predominantly a central midfielder and has scored 11 goals in 50 appearances for the Colombian giants since 2014. Standing at 5ft 10inch, Lucumi is very much a skilful midfielder with great energy and versatility."

More evidence of the "putting together a squad for when the new stadium opens" strategy that I believe we may be implementing.

Smells of a Falque-type transfer, for some reason. Let's see though, could be exciting. :)

Exactly I bet a big push will be made summer before we move into new stadium until then remit to develop as most of youth as we can sprinkled with odd signing

Back