• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

There was that ITK which said if our primary targets proved fruitless we'd bid Wanyamas release clause - could have legs this one

@milo

Job done ;)

Tottenham eye up move for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama
  • Victor Wanyama worked under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton
  • The Tottenham manager sees Wanyama as a player to protect defence
  • Toby Alderweireld suggested Tottenham need a defensive midfielder
By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Published: 22:54, 19 August 2015 | Updated: 05:58, 20 August 2015

Tottenham are weighing up a move for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama.

The Kenya international worked under Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino at St Mary's and the Argentine is looking to add some steel to his side.

Wanyama is viewed by Pochettino as a player who can protect his defence with Tottenham needing a defensive midfielder.

Scroll down for video

2B7E909E00000578-0-image-a-1_1440021023313.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

Copy link to paste in your message

+3
Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama is wanted by Tottenham as Spurs look for a defensive midfielder

2B62CCB200000578-3204031-image-a-9_1440021568931.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+3
The Kenya international challenges Everton defneder John Stones during the Saints' 3-0 defeat on Saturday

Speaking after Tottenham's 2-2 draw with Stoke, Toby Alderweirled suggested Spurs need a commanding central midfielder.

'Last season I didn't make one mistake. I want to prove myself here so it feels bad for me to make a mistake in my first home game,' he said.

'You have to play better because if you don't play football any more than they can put more pressure on you, get more guys in the box, and it's very difficult to defend every ball.

'At Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box — it makes it easier for defenders.

'We had to play better in the second half to deal with the pressure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama.html#ixzz3jLVtUEnp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Poch, Koeman, Saints defence, Wanayama....all made to look good by Schneiderlin

Oh really? You honestly don't think Schneiderlin's game improved tenfold under Poch when he came in?

not really, all that happened was that people started to notice Schneiderlin more because he was playing in the PL

thats the type of player he is, every step up in competition he simply adjusts and proves his worth, from the Championship, to the PL, now in the CL, next year in Euro 2016, then the WC 2018

top player

Poch, Koeman, Saints defence, Wanayama....all made to look good by Schneiderlin
To be fair to them as well as losing (the excellent) Schneiderlin to Man Utd, they have also lost their first choice keeper to injury, their left back to injury, their right back to Liverpool and one of their centre halves to us. I think even with Schneiderlin still there they would probably still look at bit under par defensively.

not really, all that happened was that people started to notice Schneiderlin more because he was playing in the PL

thats the type of player he is, every step up in competition he simply adjusts and proves his worth, from the Championship, to the PL, now in the CL, next year in Euro 2016, then the WC 2018

top player

I beg to differ but time will tell how much of his rise is/was down Poch:)
Agree that he is a top player now though

@milo

Job done ;)

Tottenham eye up move for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama
  • Victor Wanyama worked under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton
  • The Tottenham manager sees Wanyama as a player to protect defence
  • Toby Alderweireld suggested Tottenham need a defensive midfielder
By Simon Jones for MailOnline

Published: 22:54, 19 August 2015 | Updated: 05:58, 20 August 2015

Tottenham are weighing up a move for Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama.

The Kenya international worked under Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino at St Mary's and the Argentine is looking to add some steel to his side.

Wanyama is viewed by Pochettino as a player who can protect his defence with Tottenham needing a defensive midfielder.

Scroll down for video

2B7E909E00000578-0-image-a-1_1440021023313.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+3
Southampton midfielder Victor Wanyama is wanted by Tottenham as Spurs look for a defensive midfielder

2B62CCB200000578-3204031-image-a-9_1440021568931.jpg

• SHARE PICTURE

+3
The Kenya international challenges Everton defneder John Stones during the Saints' 3-0 defeat on Saturday

Speaking after Tottenham's 2-2 draw with Stoke, Toby Alderweirled suggested Spurs need a commanding central midfielder.

'Last season I didn't make one mistake. I want to prove myself here so it feels bad for me to make a mistake in my first home game,' he said.

'You have to play better because if you don't play football any more than they can put more pressure on you, get more guys in the box, and it's very difficult to defend every ball.

'At Southampton, Victor Wanyama and Morgan Schneiderlin put good pressure so they didn't have time to put the ball in the box — it makes it easier for defenders.

'We had to play better in the second half to deal with the pressure.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-midfielder-Victor-Wanyama.html#ixzz3jLVtUEnp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:)

Only to the extent that anyone knows anything about private business operations - the reporting of it.

As GB said, they are good faith agreements, but few clubs will go against them as it undermines their integrity.

If the selling club stand their ground though it, would have to go to arbitration and ultimately court (where they have never been tested in UK law). That could take 12-18 months, by which time the buyer's interest will have long passed.

It's only Iberia where they have solid legal status

We could potentially be on route to get 1 point from 3 games. Have one striker in the team and don't look close to getting anyone.

How has it even come to this

Back