• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

We should definitely sign the duck!

Tottenham have reportedly moved ahead of several Premier League rivals in the race to sign Corinthians striker Alexandre Pato.

A host of English clubs are said to be tracking the Brazilian star, with Everton, West Ham and Crystal Palace hoping to land his signature before the window closes.

According to reports in Italy, though, Spurs now lead the charge to bring Pato to White Hart Lane, although German outfit Wolfsburg are also interested in a deal with Corinthians.

Tottenham were heavily linked with Pato in 2013 and are now hoping to finally land the forward, who is seen as a suitable partner for Harry Kane.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/17/totte...partner-alexandre-pato-5346521/#ixzz3j9PhPIzE

Last edited:
Interesting one, was ridiculously good at one point then it didn't quite work out. Still very young, could be burnt out could turn into a genius move if it worked out. From what I've heard though he's been fairly poor in Brazil so perhaps has never regained his earlier promise.

I loved Pato and was very disappointed to see his career stall. Not sure the PL would be the best move for him, but you never know. At a single digit price, I'd take a punt. And for those thinking that his goal return in the Brasileirao is poor, consider that it's a very defensive league (not one team has managed to average 2 goals per game in several years) and the top scorers barely break the 20-goal mark (in 38 matches). So his goal return of 25 in 74 matches isn't all that bad. But again, the issue is if he would adapt to the PL and that is a big "if."

No, I'd love Llorente, but not at the expense of Eriksen.

Llorente would be a great option to Kane and I think he'd deputise well, or even be the 9 with Kane dropping into the 10.

We need some older heads, we're frighteningly green at the moment.

Llorente isn't mobile enough for our system.

He's not even mobile enough for Juve's system (cf Morata and Kane's style)

Llorente isn't mobile enough for our system.

He's not even mobile enough for Juve's system (cf Morata and Kane's style)

I can't say I have ever watched Llorente play for Juventus, but if this is true then how was he mobile enough for Bilbao's system? Has he seriously lost his mobility over the last couple of years or was their system very different?

I can't say I have ever watched Llorente play for Juventus, but if this is true then how was he mobile enough for Bilbao's system? Has he seriously lost his mobility over the last couple of years or was their system very different?

He's a very big unit now. I remember him coming off the bench in the CL final and it really killed Juve's impetus because there was no movement up top.

Ade wasn't mobile enough for us last season. We don't work with a traditional target man, we need someone who is highly mobile, like Kane

He's a very big unit now. I remember him coming off the bench in the CL final and it really killed Juve's impetus because there was no movement up top.

Ade wasn't mobile enough for us last season. We don't work with a traditional target man, we need someone who is highly mobile, like Kane

come on he is the same as he was at Bilbao...as Finney said, if he managed to fit in with Bielsa at Bilbao then he will be fine under Poch if we are left with no other option but to go for him which day by day is looking the case

come on he is the same as he was at Bilbao...as Finney said, if he managed to fit in with Bielsa at Bilbao then he will be fine under Poch if we are left with no other option but to go for him which day by day is looking the case

It is?

News to me!

Even if we don't sign Berahino (and I'm fairly certain that we will), it doesn't mean that Llorente is our only remaining option. We don't even know if he is an option at all.

People forget he is a few years older now since playing under biesla so while I Wud take him in a swap with lamela I don't think levy will bite ... Only real sell on value but be back to Basque Country where I'm sure the lad wants to finish his career

Happy to take a punt on either Pato or Llorente, but only for a low fee and definitely not if it was our only striker purchase.

Berahino plus one of the above two would be good.

People forget he is a few years older now since playing under biesla so while I Wud take him in a swap with lamela I don't think levy will bite ... Only real sell on value but be back to Basque Country where I'm sure the lad wants to finish his career

There's no guarantees that he will be the player that people are expecting him to be and I think all gutterboy is doing is pointing out the reasons why he thinks he won't be a success. If Poch et al think that Llorente is the option then I'll back them and the player. If they don't, I personally don't think it is a huge missed opportunity.

Back