• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

It is?

News to me!

Even if we don't sign Berahino (and I'm fairly certain that we will), it doesn't mean that Llorente is our only remaining option. We don't even know if he is an option at all.

well you cant know everything;)

I know what you mean, but I'm hoping that all of our signings are more than just a punt! ;)
Naturally. :)

But I think there's an obvious element of risk with either Llorente or Pato (as with any signing of course; but I would suggest Berahino represents a far lower risk overall). As I say, I'm happy to take that risk with either of them, but not if it means blowing a major chunk of our remaining transfer budget.

It is?

News to me!

Even if we don't sign Berahino (and I'm fairly certain that we will), it doesn't mean that Llorente is our only remaining option. We don't even know if he is an option at all.

i think we should sign Berahino and a Llorente or someone like him

...................................Kane/Llorente
Berahino/Pritchard....Eriksen/Carroll.......Chadli/Njie

plenty of options and variety

Naturally. :)

But I think there's an obvious element of risk with either Llorente or Pato (as with any signing of course; but I would suggest Berahino represents a far lower risk overall). As I say, I'm happy to take that risk with either of them, but not if it means blowing a major chunk of our remaining transfer budget.

Agree with you. I think if one thing our past signings have shown is that we need more of evidence of the fact that our signings can do it in the EPL.

i think we should sign Berahino and a Llorente or someone like him

...................................Kane/Llorente
Berahino/Pritchard....Eriksen/Carroll.......Chadli/Njie

plenty of options and variety

Both Njie and Chadli are on their wrong side there

Chadli - yes. But every article I've read about Njie makes a point of saying he is comfortable (and has played) on both flanks.

Two examples: Transfermarkt profile & Sky Sports profile. ("Njie can play either just off the front man on either flank, with a number of his goals coming from surges into the box to meet a cross")

Is that though like people were saying Kyle Walker and Sandro could both play CB when we signed them, despite it being immediately clear when you saw them that that was never going to happen?

Njie is extremely one footed looking at his Youtube vids ... personally I think we will just speak of his pace and lack of other foot in most football game reviews. This does not mean that he cannot and has not played on both flanks

Is that though like people were saying Kyle Walker and Sandro could both play CB when we signed them, despite it being immediately clear when you saw them that that was never going to happen?
Well, it's all we have to go on unless you've seen him play on the right and he's been terrible there? Or unless you have better evidence that he can't play there?

I've yet to read anyone on this board say they have seen him play extensively - so to say "he can't play on the right" is just contradicting the only actual information we have by pulling a fact out of thin air.

Well, it's all we have to go on unless you've seen him play on the right and he's been terrible there? Or unless you have better evidence that he can't play there?

I've yet to read anyone on this board say they have seen him play extensively - so to say "he can't play on the right" is just contradicting the only actual information we have by pulling a fact out of thin air.

Just that as Gazza says, he looks very right-footed, so as a wing forward really needs to be on the left. It's more ambidextrous players who tend to play on both sides

Just that as Gazza says, he looks very right-footed, so as a wing forward really needs to be on the left. It's more ambidextrous players who tend to play on both sides
With respect to Gazza, he did preface his statement with "looking at his YouTube vids". I'm assuming the people who profiled him at Sky Sports did more research than just watch YouTube vids (though maybe I'm being overly generous to them - a possibility I fully accept). We both agree, for instance, that Llorente is basically a poacher / target-man type striker (which is why I doubt we're in for him, though I wouldn't have a major problem if we got him on the cheap). But I guarantee I could trawl through his YouTube vids and find plenty of "evidence" that he's a dynamic forward, who is always on the move. It's all in the editing.

Let me be clear - I have no idea if Njie can be effective on the right. I'm just basing my view on several different profiles of the player - I've never (knowingly) seen him play. But I don't think a YouTube vid necessarily trumps those profiles. We'll just have to wait and see I guess (but I fully expect him to play more on the left of course).

With respect to Gazza, he did preface his statement with "looking at his YouTube vids". I'm assuming the people who profiled him at Sky Sports did more research than just watch YouTube vids (though maybe I'm being overly generous to them - a possibility I fully accept). We both agree, for instance, that Llorente is basically a poacher / target-man type striker (which is why I doubt we're in for him, though I wouldn't have a major problem if we got him on the cheap). But I guarantee I could trawl through his YouTube vids and find plenty of "evidence" that he's a dynamic forward, who is always on the move. It's all in the editing.

Let me be clear - I have no idea if Njie can be effective on the right. I'm just basing my view on several different profiles of the player - I've never (knowingly) seen him play. But I don't think a YouTube vid necessarily trumps those profiles. We'll just have to wait and see I guess (but I fully expect him to play more on the left of course).

It's quite simple really. ...If he is left footed that means at Spurs he will play on the right. If he's right footed he will play on the left. ...get it?

If we could get Llorente at a low price then I see it as business worth doing. Why not? Berahino should still be top priority, and I honestly feel like we should have gone in hard for Dzeko but we missed the boat with that one.

Back