• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Agree. I have fond memories of Pearce with Bobby Moore on Capital Gold in the 90s.

Barry Davies ("schoolboys' own stuff") and Peter Brackley (Football Italia) are my all-time favourites though

agree. Barry Davies will forever be number one for me, absolute legend, and Brackley was very good too, especially for the Football Italia days

Jonathan Pearce is only marginally less annoying than Jacqui Oatley. Both screech far too much, not pleasant.

Also the 30 plus goals last season
Yes, but Kane played more games. Regardless of that, however, in Kane's case his value to the club is so much more: homegrown player who supported Spurs from childhood and is the new rising English star, the face of the new Spurs philosophy, and is adored by the fans. You can't put a price on that.

Jonathan Pearce is only marginally less annoying than Jacqui Oatley. Both screech far too much, not pleasant.

Don't! Her voice is like nails on a blackboard! Not the same thing at all!

JP can be shouty, but I still like him. Mullers was great though. "I don't think Les Ferdinand was fouled there, Jonathan, I think he's gone over on his own ability." He also invented the word prodigé, which you now hear everywhere in the media (presumably halfway between a protégé and a prodigy).

Agree with the others on Barry Davies, though; he was always my favourite commentator as well.

I'm always quite surprised at how many people seem to dislike his commentary; I've always quite liked him from his Capital Radio days with Bobby Moore and then Alan Mullery. Mullers was an absolute riot, albeit unintentionally. I used to keep a list of the 'Mullerisms' that I heard on there :)

I certainly much prefer Pearce to Tyldesley and the rest; I've always thought he sees more because he used to play. As far as any of his WWC commentary is concerned, I watched very little, so I couldn't really comment specifically, but he certainly knows how to hype something, if that's what he's been asked to do; I do know that. I've seen Robot Wars.
He used to play?
According to wikipedia: Jonathan Pearce (born 28 November 1959, Plymouth), is a British football commentator. Pearce wanted to become a footballer, but his career was ended after he broke his leg in 1974. So his "football career" (no clubs mentioned) lasted until he was 15. But then Pearce was never one for hyperbole.

He used to play?
According to wikipedia: Jonathan Pearce (born 28 November 1959, Plymouth), is a British football commentator. Pearce wanted to become a footballer, but his career was ended after he broke his leg in 1974. So his "football career" (no clubs mentioned) lasted until he was 15. But then Pearce was never one for hyperbole.

He was on Bristol City's books as a youngster at the time of his injury, I think.

Anyhow... transfers. Interesting little piece here about Rondón to West Brom that I hadn't seen till today.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ondon-thanks-to-vladimir-putins-protectionism

Although I never believe anything I read in the Grauniad without an independent verifiable source, this makes interesting reading. Have we missed a trick here - not that AVB would have sold to us!

In fact that brings up another point. How many clubs now won't sell to us. We must be the most blacklisted club -certainly in the UK. Thoughts?

Although I never believe anything I read in the Grauniad without an independent verifiable source, this makes interesting reading. Have we missed a trick here - not that AVB would have sold to us!

In fact that brings up another point. How many clubs now won't sell to us. We must be the most blacklisted club -certainly in the UK. Thoughts?

we're not that bad. if njie's any good we've done Lyon twice :)

Apart from Chelski I am sure any would if we offered the right money.

its probably Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Villa and Aulas is just taking the pi$$ with the bigger club remark

of course if its C@ntski or Arsanal then its bye bye Clint, thanks for nothing

Yeah, well, it sucks, but maybe it's a bullet dodged. We'll see. And we might still end up getting him, of course.

what are Gregor Raziak and Andy Booth up to these days......because it looks like we are not gonna get lucky this window in signing a decent striker

Back