• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Tim Sherwood on new signing Adama Traore: "I know him well. I tried to bring him to Tottenham. He's a bit Ronaldo and a bit Messi."

Barca have apparently included a buy back option for the first 3 years and first refusal on any transfer.

Ha ha - I thought you were parodying him (re his flimflam remarks about seeing Eriksen), but that quote is actually real.

For people debating Berahino's price/value, what price would you put on Kane if Man U came calling? Both Kane and Berahino are young, English, centre-forwards and have each had one good season. There should be some comparability in price, yet people/media talk of £40m for Kane and various posters on here are balking saying £15m max for Berahino? There might be some difference but Kane wouldnt be over 2x Berahino

100 mill, im not joking either

if Man Utd, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project went in for Berahino, and he had 5 years left on his deal, then West Brom would want 40-50 mill imo

Right now he has 2 years left, doesnt want to sign an extension it seems, and it looks like only Spurs are interested. We are not loaded, we are not a top 4 club, West Brom will be hoping for 25 mill max but they wont get that from Levy. I think we would go as far as 18 mill plus 3 mill in add ons

Kane is more valuable because he scores more goals, can genuinely lead the line on his own, but is also flexible to drop back and play the support striker role too. Kane is just better

im reading that Norwich are wanting to sign Mattio Destro for around 4 mill. Whats happened to him, he was a 20 mill rated striker a season or two ago

as an outsider looking in, i think Villa are making some really interesting signings.

Their new DoF is quite highly rated

Timmeh will still make a complete balls of it and will be gone early in the new year. His bullying management style can have short term results, but it's not sustainable over any duration

im reading that Norwich are wanting to sign Mattio Destro for around 4 mill. Whats happened to him, he was a 20 mill rated striker a season or two ago

He got really really fat.

The 2012 and 2013 images are real:

BUMwtgtIcAAxhaH.jpg

Their new DoF is quite highly rated

Timmeh will still make a complete balls of it and will be gone early in the new year. His bullying management style can have short term results, but it's not sustainable over any duration

Sherwood would have had a say in the signings too.........anyway, looks like Lerner is really backing the new manager/dof/project.

Kane has a 4 or 5 year contract where as Berahino has 2 and next summer WBA would be worried about him walking on a free. Also we're a bigger/richer club so it would take more money to prize one of our key assets away - player values are as much about who's bidding/selling and contracts as they are about how good the player is

Also the 30 plus goals last season

Sherwood would have had a say in the signings too.........anyway, looks like Lerner is really backing the new manager/dof/project.

Well, they've lost their two best players and they had a squad that only just stayed up, so it's in Lerner's interest to invest, otherwise....

Johnathan Pearce makes me turn anything off. I watched the WWC on v.low volume.

I'm always quite surprised at how many people seem to dislike his commentary; I've always quite liked him from his Capital Radio days with Bobby Moore and then Alan Mullery. Mullers was an absolute riot, albeit unintentionally. I used to keep a list of the 'Mullerisms' that I heard on there :)

I certainly much prefer Pearce to Tyldesley and the rest; I've always thought he sees more because he used to play. As far as any of his WWC commentary is concerned, I watched very little, so I couldn't really comment specifically, but he certainly knows how to hype something, if that's what he's been asked to do; I do know that. I've seen Robot Wars.

I'm always quite surprised at how many people seem to dislike his commentary; I've always quite liked him from his Capital Radio days with Bobby Moore and then Alan Mullery. Mullers was an absolute riot, albeit unintentionally. I used to keep a list of the 'Mullerisms' that I heard on there :)

I certainly much prefer Pearce to Tyldesley and the rest; I've always thought he sees more because he used to play. As far as any of his WWC commentary is concerned, I watched very little, so I couldn't really comment specifically, but he certainly knows how to hype something, if that's what he's been asked to do; I do know that. I've seen Robot Wars.

Agree. I have fond memories of Pearce with Bobby Moore on Capital Gold in the 90s.

Barry Davies ("schoolboys' own stuff") and Peter Brackley (Football Italia) are my all-time favourites though

Agree. I have fond memories of Pearce with Bobby Moore on Capital Gold in the 90s.

Barry Davies ("schoolboys' own stuff") and Peter Brackley (Football Italia) are my all-time favourites though

Pearce was great.

Now he just grates.

Maybe he's become a bit up himself over the years. Or maybe he's just better suited to radio than television.

Tim Sherwood on new signing Adama Traore: "I know him well. I tried to bring him to Tottenham. He's a bit Ronaldo and a bit Messi."

Barca have apparently included a buy back option for the first 3 years and first refusal on any transfer.
He must be talking about that Traore has a similar little toe to Messi, and a similar little finger to Ronaldo. Otherwise there is no similarity what so ever!

Back