• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I read earlier today that Liverpool are after Cheryshev, so perhaps Illaramendi isn't why they are linked to Real. If we want Illaramendi, we should try to use our "relationship".

I read earlier today that Liverpool are after Cheryshev, so perhaps Illaramendi isn't why they are linked to Real. If we want Illaramendi, we should try to use our "relationship".

Did that ever actually exist? Other than as a one way conduit for them to exploit of course

Yeah I'm just being sarcastic and throwing it out there. IIRC though there were rumours that Paulinho was recommended from their scouting reports.

I might be the only one who thinks this, but I believe we're good in the CM position. For the pivot we have Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Dier, Dembele, and even Eriksen could drop deep at times. Bringing in another CM (unless he's world class and we know that ain't happening) will only prevent the youngsters from getting valuable game time. Don't forget guys, this year we are building the team, so no need for players in positions we are fully stocked, or have untapped potential. Next year, if the youngsters don't pan out, we can revisit.
All of those except Dier have very limited defensive awareness and will work well in the pivot only with a more defensive minded midfielder. Dier is not a midfielder.

Oh boy. Thinking we're good in midfield... I don't know where to begin, we don't have one outstanding player, just some very good prospects. We are staggeringly weak in this area, was all last season, still are now, more than any other position, our first 11 midfield is borderline laughable.

Oh boy. Thinking we're good in midfield... I don't know where to begin, we don't have one outstanding player, just some very good prospects. We are staggeringly weak in this area, was all last season, still are now, more than any other position, our first 11 midfield is borderline laughable.

I agree maybe bit far laughable but it's too much of a muchness ..no real leader in centre , no real creativity or ability to totally control and dominate a game and create chances .. IMO and saying for years since modric left we need a couple of top centre midfield players and let mason and whoever else learn and rotate from them

Bar having that experienced DM we all want I'd say we are, if indeed we are proceeding with the 3 CM's. We aren't going to find anyone who will give us more than what we have without spending stupid money and offering Champions League.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the hyperbole :) "Laughable" isn't true, gifted, but still too weak as a unit.

I think we can find more than what we have, maybe not in terms of ability, but in terms of leadership, experience etc It's not difficult to improve. And it is vital!

You can have the best leader in the world but some won't want to follow. There's at least one maybe two that may not have that winning mentality in our squad IMO.

Real Madrid will give goalkeeper David De Gea, 24, a £12m signing-on fee if he sees out his Manchester United contract and moves to Madrid on a free transfer next summer. (Daily Mirror)

Emirates Marketing Project are close to completing the £28.5m signing of Valencia defender Nicolas Otamendi, 27, with defender Eliaquim Mangala, 24, likely to go to the Spanish club on loan. (Daily Mail)

Emirates Marketing Project will improve on their £43m offer for Wolfsburg's 23-year-old midfielder Kevin de Bruyne. (Sky Sports)

_84927388_mirror.jpg

Monday's Mirror back page

Tottenham are ready to make a £15m bid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 22, this week, with defender Joleon Lescott, 33, midfielder Stephane Sessegnon, 31, and forwards Brown Ideye, 26, and Victor Anichebe, 27, also set to be allowed to leave The Hawthorns for acceptable offers. (Daily Telegraph)

Chelsea have had a £5m bid for Galatasaray defender Alex Telles rejected. (Daily Star)

Everton will make a move for Swansea defender Ashley Williams, 30, should the Toffees sell John Stones, 21, to Chelsea. (Daily Star)

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is also keen on Dynamo Kiev's 25-year-old forward Andriy Yarmolenko. (Liverpool Echo)

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic has targeted QPR's Robert Green, 35, for a return to the club as he looks to bolster his goalkeeping options.(Sun - subscription required)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton are interested in Werder Bremen defender Jannik Vestergaard, but the 23-year-old insists he is not aware of a potential move. (Daily Express)

Brentford will offer striker Andre Gray, 24, a new deal in a bid to fend off interest from Hull City. (Daily Mirror)

_84928780_sun.jpg

Monday's Sun back page

Real Madrid will beat Liverpool to the signature of 21-year-old Inter Milan midfielder Mateo Kovacic. (Gazzetta)

Emirates Marketing Project manager Manuel Pellegrini says his side could have beaten Chelsea by more than 3-0 as he laughed off Blues boss Jose Mourinho's claims that the win was a "fake" result. (Times - subscription required)

The future of Sunderland manager dingdong Advocaat is uncertain unless the club strengthen their squad following defeats in their two opening Premier League games of the season. (Guardian)

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will keep faith with Dejan Lovren as he challenges the 26-year-old Croatia centre-back to make the position his own. (Times - subscription required)

New Tottenham forward Clinton N'Jie, 22, says he made the right decision to turn down a move to Arsenal.(Daily Express)

Former Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he protected owner Randy Lerner during his time at the club. (Birmingham Mail)

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has explained why midfielder Ander Herrera, 26, has not started a game this season.(Manchester Evening News)

Former Saudi Sportswashing Machine manager John Carver and assistant Steve Stone are ready to get back into management. (Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle)

When are we signing Wanyama? Wasn't that the talk? That if we don't get a new midfielder by the second week of August that we would get Wanyama..I'm sure someone on here came out with that 'gem'.

When are we signing Wanyama? Wasn't that the talk? That if we don't get a new midfielder by the second week of August that we would get Wanyama..I'm sure someone on here came out with that 'gem'.

Yeah something about a release clause iirc

For me Cambiasso wouldve been perfect for a season. Experienced CM, a leader and beneficial for the younger lads. Missed a trick last season, missed an even bigger one this season.

Back