• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Schneiderlin doesnt need Wanyama to make him look good...

he needs someone like him though. Everytime I've seen him for France he's look massively out of his depth. Wanyama has had just as good a season as Schneiderlin this year.

Nothing like a bombastic prediction about the future, eh?

What is it Modric and Verratti had at 20 that Bentaleb is missing?

Verratti was on course to signing for PSG. Modric was being hailed as a future star. I'm not one for overrating our own players but far a few games, Bentaleb hasn't shown any signs that he'll reach anywhere near the heights of Modric or Verratti. Different players for a start. Like I said, I think he'll have a Schneiderlin type career, which isn't bad at all.

If Klose is willing to come in on reasonable wages, we could do a lot worse. He won't command a start and he has a wealth of experience, record goalscorer at the World Cup, top ever goalscorer for Germany and has never had to rely on his pace anyway.

To me, any striker we buy needs to either be the young and upcoming, or old/experienced head to support and potentially teach Kane. Neither can expect to be the #1 starter (assuming we bet on Kane as our guy).

Klose certainly fits the second category, german players (national team level) tend to be disciplined, always turn out, etc.

To me, any striker we buy needs to either be the young and upcoming, or old/experienced head to support and potentially teach Kane. Neither can expect to be the #1 starter (assuming we bet on Kane as our guy).

Klose certainly fits the second category, german players (national team level) tend to be disciplined, always turn out, etc.

You must be joking! The guy is 36!! We missed that boat three years ago when he was available...

Naybet was old
Davids was old

We have an inexperienced squad, and bringing in a winner who is also a goalscorer, seems like a good option to me

Fair enough

But Naybet played in a position where experience not physical prowess is key while Davids was not 36.

Drogba is 36 and ten times the player that Klose was when both at their peaks - yet this season has been pretty much ineffective (except obviously against us)

Rumours (again) in the papers about De Gea moving to Real Madrid this summer. I still think - if we manage it - "holding onto Lloris" will represent our best bit of business in the transfer market this summer. Wouldn't mind seeing De Gea move to Madrid in that respect, as I think Lloris is less likely to agitate for a move to Man Utd than Real Madrid (if they tried to sign him).

Fair enough

But Naybet played in a position where experience not physical prowess is key while Davids was not 36.

Drogba is 36 and ten times the player that Klose was when both at their peaks - yet this season has been pretty much ineffective (except obviously against us)

Klose and Drogba had different game styles. Klose is the master poacher whilst Drogba had a wider range to his game which often required greater physical attributes than merely being in the right place at the right time. Providing that Klose can still make the right runs, there is no reason why he can't continue to score a high number of goals for a while yet. My biggest concern would be that I question the service that he would be provided. I really don't think we create a lot of clear cut scoring opportunities in the penalty area.

I notice some of the lesser outlets are linking us with Thauvin this summer from Marseille who I'd much rather have than Ayew, although obviously your looking at paying a large transfer fee for one whilst the other is on a free.

Thauvin has more guile and creativity in his locker and we badly need that to break open defences, Ayew is more direct from what I've seen of them both. I suppose the good thing is both are gettable for Spurs.

I notice some of the lesser outlets are linking us with Thauvin this summer from Marseille who I'd much rather have than Ayew, although obviously your looking at paying a large transfer fee for one whilst the other is on a free.

Thauvin has more guile and creativity in his locker and we badly need that to break open defences, Ayew is more direct from what I've seen of them both. I suppose the good thing is both are gettable for Spurs.

Do you not think directness is actually what we lack in our AMs? Eriksen and Lamela (and Pritchard) especially are on the more creative end of the spectrum, and neither Chadli or Townsend are overly direct either

We're supposedly too skint to pay the wages of Fabian Schar, who'll be leaving Basel on a free transfer this summer - from where do you get the idea that we'd want to pay what these two lads are worth?

I'd wait to see which of the heavyweights of the Bundesliga go down this season (HSV or Stuttgart) and then try to pick up their players in the firesale that will follow: hopefully the threat of playing in the 2.Bundesliga will persuade one of them to accept what Levy will inevitably offer. Hoping for it to be Stuttgart, as I think Timo Werner is genuinely brilliant and worth a bid.

I'd love to see us get Thauvin. Of all the young wingers I have seen us linked with, he's probably one of the top ones on my list. IIRC he had a cracking game in the U21 friendly back last year when Kane grabbed two goals for the English team.

Do you not think directness is actually what we lack in our AMs? Eriksen and Lamela (and Pritchard) especially are on the more creative end of the spectrum, and neither Chadli or Townsend are overly direct either

We really don't play direct though do we unless we are on the counter. We don't possess Inside Forwards/Wingers who have a complete game that suits the system, Chadli scores on occasion but fails to track and work hard in the system, Townsend has poor decision making and end product and Lamela dwells far too long on the ball slowing play down. If we continue to play as we are next season then we need players in this position with a more rounded game who can influence more than our current players do.

We're supposedly too skint to pay the wages of Fabian Schar, who'll be leaving Basel on a free transfer this summer - from where do you get the idea that we'd want to pay what these two lads are worth?

If we wanted either of them I'd hazard a guess we'd be considered an option from the players point of view seeming they are both coming from Ligue 1, that's all I meant by "Gettable". I have no idea nor does anyone else here how big or small the transfer kitty is for this Summer.

We really don't play direct though do we unless we are on the counter. We don't possess Inside Forwards/Wingers who have a complete game that suits the system, Chadli scores on occasion but fails to track and work hard in the system, Townsend has poor decision making and end product and Lamela dwells far too long on the ball slowing play down. If we continue to play as we are next season then we need players in this position with a more rounded game who can influence more than our current players do.

If we wanted either of them I'd hazard a guess we'd be considered an option from the players point of view seeming they are both coming from Ligue 1, that's all I meant by "Gettable". I have no idea nor does anyone else here how big or small the transfer kitty is for this Summer.

The past 6 years has shown a strong trend - £0, £0, £0, £0, £0 and £0.

I think the summer's transfer kitty is very predictable

Back